Affinity Question

I'm curious about the "-Affinity" abilities (the, "you also learn.." abilities):

Will you gain Affinity abilities ONLY in their respective forms (i.e.: Feral Affinity only in Cat form, Balance Affinity only while in Moonkin form,...)
    or will you gain their abilities in your main form (i.e.: a Balance Druid with Feral Affinity being able to use Shred or Rip in Moonkin form)?

Disclaimer:
    I skimmed thru most of the Threads and haven't found an answer yet.
    I noticed Balance Affinity provides Moonkin form which may already be an answer to my question, but sometimes my hopes and expectation clouds my commonsense...so, humor me if you KNOW the correct answer for SURE.
    Last edited by Shawn B; 2015-11-30 at 12:44 AM.

You can't use cat abilities out of cat form, bear form abilities outside of bear form, and so on.

Affinities aren't mean to be used rotationally to weave in spells from other specs.
    Frequent Poster on Fluid Druid, The best Feral community out there

My Character

Quote Originally Posted by Kraineth View Post
    You can't use cat abilities out of cat form, bear form abilities outside of bear form, and so on.

Affinities aren't mean to be used rotationally to weave in spells from other specs.
    That actually makes a lot of sense, and was the answer I was expecting. I just wanted a definite answer.
    What threw me off is the current Feral Druids being able to use Rejuvination and Moonfire, and Guardian Druids in Legion being able to use Moonfire.
    I was kinda hoping against hope that Affinity's would be a crazy twist on that.

You probably won't need Moonkin Form to cast most of the Balance affinity spells(the only ingame spell that actually requires it is Flap), but other than that, you'll probably have the same restrictions as the main spec.