Fun raids
    Enjoyable story mode and environment
    Fun class design
    Fair legendary system
    No repetitive world quests
    Good class balance
    Useful faction hub
    Ashran

Imagine how much better would Legion be if it had these things?

7+ Year Old Account
    The title made me laugh out loud.

Fun raids? HFC and Highmaul were utter shite.
    Uhm Tanaan and Legendary grinding?
    Story was shit. Character development was utter trash. "Hey here is Grom and Yrel........... and they're gone until the end"
    I'll give you that one. I found Resto Shaman and MM Hunter quite fun.
    Again I'll give you that one other than the shipyard crap.
    No instead we had crappy assault ones that barely anyone did unless they hadn't unlocked flying
    Balance isn't my strong point but tbh I don't remember much complaining
    What's not useful about Dalaran? Not every city needs an AH.
    Ashran was garbage. It didn't bring back the feeling of old AV or a long fight at all.

WOD great? What have you been smoking?!? I want some of that shit!

Quote Originally Posted by WOWandchill View Post
    wod had worst quest and lore in whole game ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Men are NOT suffering societal hardships due to being male. That doesn't exist in most 1st world countries.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexeht View Post

Kinda the same reaction if you asked satan to review the bible.

WoD is everything for people who can't stand the grind in Legion. In fact, casuals inspirred them to create WoD.

I liked the ponies.

There were ponies right...? I might be thinking of a different game.

*walks away slowly*

Quote Originally Posted by Alexeht View Post

Like I agree that WoD was pretty terrible in many aspects of the game but the questing experience is heralded as the best experience by many to any expansion prior. If you don't believe it, just go back and thread search. Everyone praised the questing experience. I don't even think Legion beats it although it may come close.

Some of the reasons include:

No grind mode
    Fun raids
    Fun class design
    Fair legendary system
    Good class balance
    Useful faction hub
    Ashran

U forgot Garrison 'Kappa'

I'll bite, despite it really obviously being bait/trolling.

No grind mode --- Legendary system / Tanaan Jungle.
    Fun raids --- BRF was good, Archimonde was a fun fight. The rest, not so much.
    Enjoyable story mode and environment --- Agreed, mostly. It got kinda boring after the first one.
    Fun class design --- What does this even mean?
    Fair legendary system --- Equivalent amounts of grinding, if not more. Let's not forget how shit the shipyard was.
    No repetitive world quests --- Dailies.
    Good class balance --- Where? Fishing? Certainly wasn't balanced in pve/pvp.
    Useful faction hub --- Dalaran serves the same purpose, except it's dual faction. Fits the theme of what Legion is about.
    Ashran --- And this is how you know someone is trolling.

Imagine how much better would Legion be if it had these things? --- We have two very different understandings of the word 'better' I think.
    eta: Let's not forget that legendaries were time gated. Because that's always fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Uhm Tanaan and Legendary grinding?
    Story was shit. Character development was utter trash. "Hey here is Grom and Yrel........... and they're gone until the end"
    I'll give you that one. I found Resto Shaman and MM Hunter quite fun.
    Again I'll give you that one other than the shipyard crap.
    No instead we had crappy assault ones that barely anyone did unless they hadn't unlocked flying
    Balance isn't my strong point but tbh I don't remember much complaining
    What's not useful about Dalaran? Not every city needs an AH.
    Ashran was garbage. It didn't bring back the feeling of old AV or a long fight at all.
    I found highmaul and hellfire citadel to be some of the better raids from ds(cata) to hfc(wod) with brf being meh.

7+ Year Old Account

No grind mode
    Fun raids
    Fun class design
    Fair legendary system
    Good class balance
    Useful faction hub
    Ashran

No grinding also meant nothing to do. Would rather have grinding then a dead expansion with no content outside of raiding.

Fun raids? More like fun raid 1½. Highmaul is wierd and not super fun. BRF was awesome, but HFC was half good half bad, so not really better then current Legion with EN being a bit bad and NH being a bit good.

Enjoyable story... Hahahahahahahaha... No. It was proberly the worst expansion story we have ever had.

Fun class design? It was okay, but not great. It gave something, but also took something away, just like Legion. I would not say that it was an improvement over Legion.

Fair legendary system? No, everybody having the same legendary is boring and having the legendary be gained through an easy done quest just made it a requirement for any kind of raiding.

No repetivite world quests? Tanaan world quests and the apexis grind dailies... There was like 12 of them in total, so that was horrible. Atleast there are more variety in Legion with its 200+ WQ.

Good class balance? There is pretty good class balance right now. Just because you do 5% less dmg does not stop you from killing a boss, just a little bit slower.

Usefull faction hubs? Not really. They gave no real gear and the mounts were insanely expensive. Not saying Legion is better, but WoD was the same. No reason to grind rep unless you just wanted to do something for the loz.

And Ashran... Fuck Ashran. It was worse then AV.

WoD was not better then Legion. WoD pissed on WoW and gave it very little good other then some memorable boss fights. That is all.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    WoD was not great, but just remember things can always be worse, I mean look at legion.
    Legion is worse than no content for 14 months and a general lack of content before then?

lolok

the best thing in wod was yrel

Everyone has other taste and like other things.

WoD wasn't great, though it was still better than MoP for me.

Nice raids, garrisons, awesome leveling experience, not that bad PvP(but Ashran sucked).

Quote Originally Posted by meroko View Post
    Like I agree that WoD was pretty terrible in many aspects of the game but the questing experience is heralded as the best experience by many to any expansion prior. If you don't believe it, just go back and thread search. Everyone praised the questing experience. I don't even think Legion beats it although it may come close.
    WoD's leveling zones were fantastic, this is true. I'd rate Spires of Arak up with Howling Fjord as a best ever zone.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    You really think so? What was so bad with Highmaul? I'm really curious because that raid was in my opinion one of the best introduction raids they've done. The bosses got harder in a smooth way and mechanics started of rather easy to step it up later. It has a great environment, open spaces, corridors, ladders, rooms and hallways, a good mix of many things. I'm not bashing you or anything, just curious what made you basically think the opposite of me^^

Every expansion has its good and bad things. I don't think there has been a particular bad expansion nor a super awesome magical unicorn level of an expansion either. Had fun in everyone. I'll state some things I liked about WoD though:
    Flying, or rather, the lack of and introduction of achievement bound flying
    The cut scenes
    Iron Docks - That shit was great! The humour was just so spot on
    Ashran - was great going on solo missions brawling a superior number while being buffed, if you managed you'd feel great!
    Garrison - Not flawless but a good steppingstone, was fun being the commander

There are most likely more things but those above is what I could remember from top of my head.
    Well met!
    Quote Originally Posted by Iem View Post
    Man even if Blizzard gave players bars of gold, they would complain that they were too heavy.

Wod was horrible. The pvp was horrible, everyone was in their garrisons all the time, the world was empty after you leveled, there was no real content bar raiding. It was just a really bad expansion. You had nothing to do.

sounds very jaylockish...
    Last edited by Niwes; 2017-02-24 at 10:57 AM.

Deleted
    No grind mode
    Less character progression outside of raids. Much less.

Zones generally weren't very good or good looking, the story wasn't better than in Legion.

Fun class design
    I don't think the class design in WoD was better than it is now.

Fair legendary system
    Agreed.

I don't mind them, and prefer them over having nothing to do apart from sitting in the garrison.

Useful faction hub
    I don't see how it was more useful than current Dalaran.

Ashran
    Ashran was fun for the first 2-3 times, but got extremely boring afterwards. Haven't touched it after the first week.

Personally, I take Legion over WoD any day. Not even a contest.

Barn was awesome. Going out for a hunting/skinning time, sometimes with friends, sometimes in a group of strangers. Capturing those big ass Clefthooves and Hippos. Best part was, there were so many additional, regular mobs around that you could simply kill and skin in between capturing of those bigger ones, and there were rares in Nagrand giving rep. Seriously, WoD should have had embraced Barn more, instead of not doing anything with it in later patches.

The rest wasn't as good. Okay, the fact that you made healing potions out of fish was great.