Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Fast food nation.

When the illegal immigrant meat worker slips and falls into the meat grinder....

Things that can't be unseen.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

Deleted
    I had a phobia of werewolves as a kid. I remember first time i saw Michael Jackson's Thriller music video, the one in which he turns in to a werewolf at the end and he turns to the camera with those yellow eyes. It made me panic horribly. It took years before i could watch that scene.

Looking back i don't really understand why, it was something about the eyes.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0094761/

Back in the mid 90s i was visiting my father and this played on CityTV, started at like 1130 at night. I was just about a teenager, and tried staying up for it. I caught the first 10-15 mins of it, then passed out on the couch. Mean while my father was packing up boxes in prep to move into his new house, and i kept waking up and seeing the worst parts of this movie, like when the blob dropped down from the ceiling tiles.

Not sure why but for the next 5 years i was terrified of the thought of something coming through the ceiling. Never figured out why. Eventually it just wore off. But man, fucked me up. First and only time.

7+ Year Old Account
    Paranormal Activity is a series I get uneasy with. Formula is predictable, but the idea of it is a bit much.

Give me your makeup jobs or costumed zombies, wolves, vampires, whatever.

But things you cannot see or fight against? Nope.

Deleted
    Hmm

Well, I am not very good with horror movies so anything with a cheap jumpscare is enough to scare me.

But if we are talking proper psychologcal scares, then I will have to go with Gremlins. That movie fucking tormented me as a kid, I used to beg my mum if we could sleep in the living room together, I couldn't be alone. Every time I heard a bump in the night I always thought the Gremlins were out to get me. A close second is Labyrinth, same reason - those gremlin monster things freaked me out as a kid.

I know those aren't actually horror movies but they scared the shit outa me.
    Last edited by mmoc073d675b99; 2015-11-24 at 05:52 PM.

The Ring when I was around 7-8.

I am far too cynical to get scared by movies now. After I realized that jump scares weren't actually scary and it was merely a reflex being triggered, I quickly realized that most horror movies were pretty terrible.

The only good ones I can think of are the Grudge ones. Japanese Horrors are true horrors I feel. While American or Western horrors generally tend to be jumpscare based or shock based. I don't find someone being stabbed scary at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    Fast food nation.

When the illegal immigrant meat worker slips and falls into the meat grinder....

Things that can't be unseen.
    Things that can't be unseen in real life: I've seen someone slip and go face first into a deep fryer. Yeah.

There's a reason I send my employees home if they're any level of intoxicated and/or not wearing non-slip shoes.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

Blair Witch Project when I saw it in the theaters as a kid

10+ Year Old Account
    When I was ten, the scene Raiders of the Lost Ark where they open the ark and the angels come out? Scared the shit out of me. Also, the scene in Last Crusade when Donovan drinks from the wrong grail, scared the shit out of me.

But I had no problem watching that guy get his heart ripped out in Temple of Doom . . .
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    When I was ten, the scene Raiders of the Lost Ark where they open the ark and the angels come out?
    They closed their eyes- you should too!

10+ Year Old Account
    -The Blob (and the remakes) for some reason this gave me more recurring nightmares than anything.
    -Poltergeist
    -The Thing
    -28 Days/Weeks Later

As I have grown up I have learned to appreciate Poltergeist. It was a really well done movie. The acting, the build up, the story, everything about it kept me on the edge of my seat.

The final scene in A Serbian Film scared the crap outta me

Muldoon death in JP 1, Chucky, Shakma, another movie about a killer "koala" i think, Cujo, all of this when i was a child

10+ Year Old Account
    Nosferatu, by far. It's aged very well - Count Orlok is still extremely disturbing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

I watched The Descent right before an impromptu, unguided spelunking trip in which I was lost in a cave system for the better part of 24 hours. While the movie itself didn't exactly scare me shitless, the spelunking expedition that followed certainly did.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Conjuring.

10+ Year Old Account
    "IT", when I saw it as a kid, checked under my bed for years after that.
    Nothing since then though..
    I like juice

15+ Year Old Account
    Genuinely scared? No, can't say a movie can genuinely scare anyone. The pretense of watching a movie is that...its just a movie.

Genuinely scared is like someone pointing a gun at your head. That's a genuine reason to be scared.

However!

Evil Dead (remake, 2013) was one of the most intense horror movies I have ever seen (and I've seen a lot). I thought it was vastly superior to the original, and kept me on the edge of my seat pretty much the entire time. By the end, I was mentally worn out.

Highly recommended.
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Toxigen View Post
    Genuinely scared? No, can't say a movie can genuinely scare anyone. The pretense of watching a movie is that...its just a movie.

Genuinely scared is like someone pointing a gun at your head. That's a genuine reason to be scared.

However!

Evil Dead (remake, 2013) was one of the most intense horror movies I have ever seen (and I've seen a lot). I thought it was vastly superior to the original, and kept me on the edge of my seat pretty much the entire time. By the end, I was mentally worn out.

Highly recommended.
    That movie was fun to watch. Not really scary imo. It was going for alot of shock value more than terror.

"You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."