Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Naztrak View Post
    So let me give an intro...

In the uprising of terrorism and illegal immigration, I am just an ordinary person trying to get into the USA via the legal ways. Just to tell something about myself: I am a (soon) 24 year old male from Croatia (of german ancestry), with a long hair and thick beard. Atheist. I work as a "boss" in a small firm tied to the local oil rafinery. I have finished the school for a computer technician. I am not poor by any means. That said, I am kinda on the rascist side (kinda like a republican), but I keep my mouth shut and have never been an instigator of any conflicts. I have a clean record. I really love the american culture, and I am a somewhat fan of the american foreign policy. A patriot without the citizenship, if I may.

I have an american family in the states- my uncle was actually a Pentagon officer. My aunt has a flat in Washington DC. So, my goal is to come by USA and live for a year or two- so let me make this clear- I do not whish to engage into welfare or to preocuppy the job market for a long time. Not to mention that I am 100% ready to assimilate.

So as an individual, what do you Americans think about us (temporary) legal immigrants? Would we be accepted, or would we be viewed same as the illegal ones? I would really like the input, since I am about to quit a good job an spend a lot of money into getting there.
    Well hold up. What exactly is your plan for coming to the US? Via what visa are you looking to be admitted? A lot of the things you posted are irrelevant to the immigration process.
    Last edited by Silhouette of Seraphim; 2015-11-24 at 12:03 PM.
    They can dynamite Devil Reef, but that will bring no relief, Y'ha-nthlei is deeper than they know.

In the uprising of terrorism and illegal immigration, I am just an ordinary person trying to get into the USA via the legal ways. Just to tell something about myself: I am a (soon) 24 year old male from Croatia (of german ancestry), with a long hair and thick beard. Atheist. I work as a "boss" in a small firm tied to the local oil rafinery. I have finished the school for a computer technician. I am not poor by any means. That said, I am kinda on the rascist side (kinda like a republican), but I keep my mouth shut and have never been an instigator of any conflicts. I have a clean record. I really love the american culture, and I am a somewhat fan of the american foreign policy. A patriot without the citizenship, if I may.

I have an american family in the states- my uncle was actually a Pentagon officer. My aunt has a flat in Washington DC. So, my goal is to come by USA and live for a year or two- so let me make this clear- I do not whish to engage into welfare or to preocuppy the job market for a long time. Not to mention that I am 100% ready to assimilate.

So as an individual, what do you Americans think about us (temporary) legal immigrants? Would we be accepted, or would we be viewed same as the illegal ones? I would really like the input, since I am about to quit a good job an spend a lot of money into getting there.
    Most people don't have a problem with legal immigrants, its the illegal ones... But a certain group if this country would like you to think we hate "all thems damn foreigners"
    Last edited by zenkai; 2015-11-24 at 01:50 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    As long as you trying to do it legally, then most Americans will have no issues with you. Overstay your visa however and your ass should be shipped back where you came from.

I am kinda on the rascist side (kinda like a republican)
    Explain how republicans are racist.

I think this is amazing… A lot of the European folks that frequent this site are fond of calling Americans out for being greedy, intolerant, warmongering elitists who care nothing for the rest of the world, yet when asked, immigrants to the US are quick to admit that American natives have been overwhelmingly welcoming! Where are all of the US-bashing non-Americans on this topic? C’mon guys, you should be standing on your tabletops, shouting at the top of your lungs that he shouldn’t emigrate to this cesspool of filth and racism that is the US!!
    CPU: Intel i7 3770K Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V PRO GPU: 2X Asus GTX 770 OC SLI Heatsink: Hyper 212 EVO RAM: Corsair Vengeance 2x8GB 1600mhz SSD: 120Gb Samsung 840 EVO HDD: WD 2tb Caviar Black PSU: Corsair HX850 Case: CM HAF 932 Advanced

Mechagnome
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by apples View Post
    considering that the avg wait time for legal immigration is, what, 7 years?
    "Someone declined the invitation, you have been returned to the front of the queue".
    Anything worth doing is worth over-doing. Moderation's for cowards.

Quote Originally Posted by lordsphinx View Post
    I think this is amazing… A lot of the European folks that frequent this site are fond of calling Americans out for being greedy, intolerant, warmongering elitists who care nothing for the rest of the world, yet when asked, immigrants to the US are quick to admit that American natives have been overwhelmingly welcoming! Where are all of the US-bashing non-Americans on this topic? C’mon guys, you should be standing on your tabletops, shouting at the top of your lungs that he shouldn’t emigrate to this cesspool of filth and racism that is the US!!
    People hate America for the same reason terrible guilds hate top raiding guilds

Quote Originally Posted by lordsphinx View Post
    I am an American and I have yet to meet someone who believes there should be no immigration into the US. In fact, we embrace it due to the fact all our families were immigrants at one point. All we ask for is that it is done legally and you are not a burden to our society (expecting to live off handouts or be a criminal). I would tend to believe citizens of most other countries would expect the same.

just cross the border and find your nearest democrat and they will do everything to make you a citizen and a registered democrat voter!!!!

on a serious note, thank you for wanting to IMMIGRATE HERE LEGALLY!

10+ Year Old Account

Err you didn't have to mention some of the stuff you said but yeah you ok as long as you got a clean record. Rascist side?

You must always remember that after the course, the US citizenship test that you face with the staff of the Department of Immigration & Citizenship (USCIS). You'll have to talk to them like in a job interview so. However, the majority of USCIS staff very cheerful and polite. So just be prepared and ready to learn in accordance with the following experience, you will get good results.

All that matters is if you are white. If you are white its okay. Otherwise nope.

[Infracted]
    Last edited by Endus; 2016-04-29 at 02:46 PM.
    You can't fix stupid. But damn it you can troll it!

10+ Year Old Account
    Gather one million US dollars.
    Invest it in a local bussiness or employ at least 7 American citizens.
    Grats, you're an US citizen!

The distinction between legal and illegal immigrants isn't quite so clear cut as some people are making it out to be. Most illegals are just people who came here on visas, decided they liked it, and stuck around after their visas expired. Even if you're 100% committed to doing everything by the book, there may just be that chance that you get used to the American lifestyle and don't want to go back when that day comes.

Deleted
    Would we be accepted, or would we be viewed same as the illegal ones? I would really like the input, since I am about to quit a good job an spend a lot of money into getting there.
    Why do you think you wouldn't be accepted? Immigrants are welcome if they come here and do things the legal way. Why would you assume you would be viewed the same as the "illegal"ones? They are criminals - you are not.

That said, I am kinda on the rascist side (kinda like a republican),.
    Quick note - Republicans are not "racist". That is just a bunch of bullshit propagated by the TRUE racists - the Democrats. Democrats are racists to their core, hell their fucking party was founded on it. Never EVER believe a Democrat who says they are not racists.

Quote Originally Posted by Ransath View Post
    Why do you think you wouldn't be accepted? Immigrants are welcome if they come here and do things the legal way. Why would you assume you would be viewed the same as the "illegal"ones? They are criminals - you are not.

Quick note - Republicans are not "racist". That is just a bunch of bullshit propagated by the TRUE racists - the Democrats. Democrats are racists to their core, hell their fucking party was founded on it. Never EVER believe a Democrat who says they are not racists.
    LMAO!! The republicans aren't racists? LMAO. And yeah Ted Cruz isn't a religious zealot.
    You can't fix stupid. But damn it you can troll it!