Poll: How do you think of our theme?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Huoyue View Post
    So with all the information coming in regarding Legion the last few days. Something has become very obvious. Warriors are now themed around barbarians and vikings. The artifacts and class hall are supposed to reflect our "class fantasy", and both of those are entirely based on two tropes: the barbarian and the viking. We go to Valhalla, two weapons are the weapons of barbarian kings, and the fury weapon is based on various viking myth tropes and of course are based on the viking trope race.

I realize that in the class blog blizz said a bit different. I know they've said different in general, going on about how many warriors see themselves as different things, but what they're giving the class makes it glaringly obvious that as far as they are conerned, we're the D3 Barbarian with a smattering of viking/vrykul.

Are you ok with this, or do you think blizz went the wrong way with warrior?
    You became the wow equivalent to the Diablo barbarian as soon as you got the ability to dual wield two handed weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by Murlocbait View Post
    Second person was probably referring to the general plate armor we've seen. No warrior tier set has been shown, so pretty sure that person is just talking out his ass.
    That would make sense, thanks bud.

I think we have exactly ONE tier set that is directly "Viking inspired" Most of our sets are just Angry bulky plates designed to look like they can withstand a piledriver and that's what I think Warriors should look like.

In fact, WoW is one of the few games to ever get the Warrior fantasy feeling as fantastical as mages and such.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shinrael View Post
    TBH, my ideal warrior character would be a samurai of some sort. Something like Yasuo from League of Legends ( or Master Yi ). A warrior wearing light equipment, a light and graceful sword ( not necesarrily a katakana, but a 2H one, yet not a thick/wide one, but a thin and sharp - not a sabre either ). Someone light on their feet, like a windwalker. I want either Warriors or Monks to get a Blademaster spec ( leather or mail armor, one 2H sword, lots of mobility and focus on precise strikes rather than multiple attacks or bleeds/dots ). A mix of Arms Warrior and Windwalker Monk.... HAJIMEMASHOU! ( I guess that's just me and my love for asian culture, martial arts, etc. )

Though I like the idea of a barbarian/viking/knight as well. I'd just like to be able to choose between these. And to have the aforementioned theme/spec/w.e in the first place.
    Lol, thank god they don't let weebs like you design classes, Samurai were nothing like the Anime inspired stupidity you think they were. NOTHING about Warriors should be "Light on their feet"

So with all the information coming in regarding Legion the last few days. Something has become very obvious. Warriors are now themed around barbarians and vikings. The artifacts and class hall are supposed to reflect our "class fantasy", and both of those are entirely based on two tropes: the barbarian and the viking. We go to Valhalla, two weapons are the weapons of barbarian kings, and the fury weapon is based on various viking myth tropes and of course are based on the viking trope race.

I realize that in the class blog blizz said a bit different. I know they've said different in general, going on about how many warriors see themselves as different things, but what they're giving the class makes it glaringly obvious that as far as they are conerned, we're the D3 Barbarian with a smattering of viking/vrykul.

Are you ok with this, or do you think blizz went the wrong way with warrior?
    Let me put it the other way around, what would you want to have warriors be themed of? Because as of right now, warriors are kind of blant. They feel like a class that gives random NPC into the role of "lets fill up the army with some abilities that involves shields and swords".

Not saying Vikings (Vrykuls) or Barbarians really satisfieds the needs, but at least it takes the Warrior class theme into a further step, at least RP wise.
    I know lots of people playing warriors have almost the same mentality, basicly a character who jumps into the heat of battle, slashes their foes with vicious blows. But that alone isnt the identity of the class, compared to what other classes has for their themes.