Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Graden View Post
    I meant she is the strongest leader because of the powerful army she currently have at her back. Val'kyrs, plague/blight, vast numbers of Forsaken and the ability to raise more from the grave. And now that she is Warchief noone will stop her to use the plague at its full power.
    You shouldn't forget the forsaken rebels had the blight as well, it is no instant win, they were still beaten. The Val'kyr are more of a hassle, because of their mass resurrection.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think its time to go factionless. Your race does not determine your allies, your political views, (decisions you make) decide how you do deal with the problem and who you side with.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo Baggins View Post
    I think its time to go factionless. Your race does not determine your allies, your political views, (decisions you make) decide how you do deal with the problem and who you side with.
    The most interesting thing would be a total breakdown of the factions and races cooperating together on some matters and opposing each other on different occasions. But this context would be too complex for a simplistic universe like WoW. The only thing which somehow breaks up the duality of factions are neutral factions like the Argentum Crusade or Circle of Cenarius, with sanctuaries and such. But even then, Alliance members and Horde members cannot interact with each other, even if they all are exalted with a respective neutral faction and are somehow part of them. WC III was more complex with 4 different factions, than WoW with only 2 factions.

I am curious how Class Halls will work out in Legion.

Comparing amani and darkspear is like comparing night wlvwa and blood elves. Sure they share ancestry. But they couldn't be more different if they tried.

15+ Year Old Account
    Good to see that that Blizz woudn't replace Vol'jin with orc filth (only orc that would be worthy would be saurfang). It's going to be interesting having Sylvanas as warchief. Vol'jin only seemed to be a placeholder until something interesting would happen concerning the warchief.
    'Something's awry.' -Duhgan 'Bel' beltayn

'A Man choses, a Slave obeys.' -Andrew Rayn

Remember also Combatbutler that The Lich King had the best version of the Plague and a huge army. Compared to them the Forsaken are tiny.

I meant she is the strongest leader because of the powerful army she currently have at her back. Val'kyrs, plague/blight, vast numbers of Forsaken and the ability to raise more from the grave. And now that she is Warchief noone will stop her to use the plague at its full power.
    Val'kyr can't raise people that already died, as seen when they died trying to revive her.

And Sylvanas' army isn't that strong. In her short story it's shown the Forsaken were crippled after taking GIlneas. They won, but lost all their great warriors.

Garrosh was many things but honorless was not one of them. What he did, he did it for the Horde with honor.
    I would consider having parents fight to the death because you're holding their children hostage, or impaling innocent civilians to spiked poles kinda honorless.

Also as hilarious it would be, I doubt the story will end up being "Vol'jin ran away". Either he's probably captured, or it will be like "Oh, he went to get the rest of the trolls to fight" or some stupid nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    Val'kyr can't raise people that already died, as seen when they died trying to revive her.

And Sylvanas' army isn't that strong. In her short story it's shown the Forsaken were crippled after taking GIlneas. They won, but lost all their great warriors.
    people also seem to be forgetting that the ebon blade, argent crusade/silverhand/bloodknights/sunwalkers / EVERYONE ain't gonna let another scourge even come close to rising. the moment she goes around blighting and raising is when people flip out.

Also, people expecting varian to be raised kinda forget the whole 'forsaken independence/blessed by goldrin' thing

10+ Year Old Account
    I would rather Etrigg been temp warchief till Vol'jin comes back.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dellis0991 View Post
    And I'd rather Vol'jin not come back.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Overmind View Post
    How are they honorless? Garrosh was honorless, not the true patriots of the horde.

Break from being warchief? The argument is still fucking retarded you know? Would you rather be get a dick up your ass and die today, or would you flee to live another day? It's pretty obvious what one would choose, so don't act like Vol'jin is a coward when you don't nearly have the same balls that he has.
    Wow you are pretty mad. The truth is that vast majority of orcs just do what they are told, without any care if its honorable or not.

As for vol'jin, i can hardly see his balls given the fact that he did jack shit. And he is very likely to fight another day, or even more, leave fighting to others.

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    Orcs are very... very... bad leaders as history in the game shows.

Sylvanas as warchief actually makes a lot of sense, considering the place the Horde has with the wars against the Legion and Alliance.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonheart Maiden View Post
    Orcs are very... very... bad leaders as history in the game shows.
    What?

Blackhand conquered Stormwind.

Orgrim Doomhammer nearly beat the Alliance by himself. Literally being the only great strategist the Horde had, he outsmarted Turalyon, Khadgar, Antonidas, Lothar, Alleria, Uther all put together. If not for Gul'dan the Eastern Kingdoms would be the Lok'tar Ogar motherfucker, do you speak it?kingdoms.

Thrall freed the orcs from slavery, gave Lordaeron a giant middle finger, stole their ships, went to Kalimdor, made Kalimdor his turf and turned a band of misfits into a world superpower. He also helped defeat the Legion at Warcraft 3.

Garrosh was the only ''bad'' leader the Horde had, but only in MoP. In Cataclysm he pushed the Night Elves out of Ashenvale, their most sacred forest. He also destroyed Theramore. Garrosh going full Hitler can also be attributed to his advisors. Instead of counselling, Cairne challenged him to a death battle, Vol'jin threatened to shank him in his sleep, Sylvanas is Sylvanas and can't be trusted, Lor'themar tried to join the Alliance and Eitrigg was doing old orc things. Garrosh was alone and he still had great victories for the Horde.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dellis0991 View Post
    Too old, same reason Thrall didn't choose Cairne ( and then Cairne beats the ''young guy'' that was chosen because Cairne was too old. >mfw )

Quote Originally Posted by The Overmind View Post
    Too fucking bad, the orcs invented the horde, they should rule, they are kind enough to accept these honorless scum into our ranks. They should show respect.
    I don't think you understand why the New Horde was made, friend...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth-Piekus View Post
    True the Forsaken seem to be the strongest in the Horde but I am not sure she could conquer the Horde if she wanted cause I think the other races of the Horde are no pushovers.

I am curious to see how the Orcs will take it now that they are away from the spotlight and got no leader anymore.
    The only ones that aren't push overs are the orcs all the others are very weak in every definition of the word.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Madgod View Post
    I don't think you understand why the New Horde was made, friend...
    You mean, to free the Orcs from internment? Because that is when it was started, my friend and former moderator.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Wow you are pretty mad. The truth is that vast majority of orcs just do what they are told, without any care if its honorable or not.

As for vol'jin, i can hardly see his balls given the fact that he did jack shit. And he is very likely to fight another day, or even more, leave fighting to others.
    You still bring up shit argument about how much more brave you are. Fight ISIS yourself or let the goverment do it for you? What would you pick? Idiot
    An'u belore delen'na

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    I would consider having parents fight to the death because you're holding their children hostage, or impaling innocent civilians to spiked poles kinda honorless.

Also as hilarious it would be, I doubt the story will end up being "Vol'jin ran away". Either he's probably captured, or it will be like "Oh, he went to get the rest of the trolls to fight" or some stupid nonsense.
    Oh didn't you know? The concept of Orcish honor is apparently a choose-your-own-adventure type of system.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    You mean, to free the Orcs from internment? Because that is when it was started, my friend and former moderator.
    No, that is, in part, how it was originally made, pretty significant difference.

Why it was made is another kettle of fish, and is basically the description of the horde as a political body in Classic. Namely that the horde is a political group who is bound together by a common trait of being seen as monsters by other races. The New Horde is an alliance of convenience to ensure the mutual safety of all parties therein in a world that would rather see them dead. That was the big reason I chose to originally play then way back in the day. Originally, it was just the orcs wishing to be free of and left alone by the Alliance, but over the course of Warcraft 3 and between then and Classic WoW, it came to encompass the tauren, trolls, and Forsaken as well, growing into the basis for it today.

Actually surprised you mixed those up. You might have some loony ideas and a tendency to over-glorify Garrosh, but you always seemed to know your orcish lore.
    Last edited by The Madgod; 2015-11-24 at 06:36 PM.