Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account

[Spoiler Discussion]....Why?

I have no problem with Sylvanas at all, but she is literally the least likely to have leadership of the horde if something is to happen to the current Warchief/Leader, so I can't imagine this wasn't a hostile take over. Currently she has the biggest army among the horde so it seems more then plausible but I can't help but think that's another Garrosh scenario waiting to happen (...ugh) so I'm confused as to why we don't have Baine and Lor'themar taking the spot.They nicely set up Lor'themar as a contender for the spot in MoP(...although he did try to leave the horde, only because Garrosh sacrificed his people needlessly) and Baine certainly isn't a bad leader and he his wise as well.

Maybe they die? I know Lor'themar is present in the Broken Shore cinematic

Either way I can't wait to see how this all plays out
    There is no good without evil, but evil must not be allowed to flourish
    I will do what I must to keep the balance!

Horde:Driefal-Cravius-Ristir-RonedSenthes

I have trouble seeing the majority of the Horde races taking well to Sylvanas leading the Horde, yeah. Baine would have been a better choice, especially with Anduin as the new King of Stormwind- they might actually be able to work on some diplomacy between the Alliance and the Horde. Of course, we can't have that- gotta keep the WAR in WARcraft, and apparently, being united in a war against a greater enemy doesn't count.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    It's most likely a coup de tat.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

10+ Year Old Account
    Now, the question is where voljin gone off to? its very likely calling all troll tribes to help fight BL

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    I have trouble seeing the majority of the Horde races taking well to Sylvanas leading the Horde, yeah. Baine would have been a better choice, especially with Anduin as the new King of Stormwind- they might actually be able to work on some diplomacy between the Alliance and the Horde. Of course, we can't have that- gotta keep the WAR in WARcraft, and apparently, being united in a war against a greater enemy doesn't count.
    Baine is Wise and just like Anduin seeks peace, Lor'themar has showed strategic prowess time and time again (even more so in the graphic novels/comics) and has shown a willingness to work with the alliance and even stop fighting the alliance to complete a bigger goal (Isle of Thunder).Maybe she uses her army as a crutch to command the horde...Something like "you have a few hundred, I have thousands, you have no choice" but in the expansion cinematic she showed honor and nobility and even helped Varian...So I don't know the route they're taking here. Maybe her character is going to see some huge character development. But between War Crimes and Legion this change makes no sense

Deleted
    Sylvanas Windrunner, despite how she's done some ethically questionable things in the past, is the single most experienced horde leader in matters pertaining to war. She was the ranger-general of Silvermoon and has since her transformation into an undead essentially maintained the edge of tactical command she sharpened arguably centuries ago. She was the de-facto superior of Lorthermar theron in life, and probably maintains a similar power dynamic after life. Baine is a youth with little grand strategic experience, and Thrall is going to drop/relinquish the Doomhammer so we're not sure what happens there.. he's in no state to assume a post of warchief anyway.

With Vol'jin and what amounts to the backbone (Vol'jin wouldn't march alone to the Broken shore) of the traditional Horde army indisposed/broken there is no real option for the horde than Sylvanas in a troubled time such as this, the Legion has made landfall and won the initial clash, they need savvy hawks on the throne.. and Sylvanas most certainly fits that bill.

Deleted
    War in Warcraft have not been there for a long time. Ashran? It isn't a war, just a battle for some area, just like any battleground. The war should imo be represented in every zone, being part of quests and everything - be visible ! The leveling experience really lack that, and endgame is most raid this evil demon OR small scale battles and arena.

Deleted
    It's like you said.
    Sylvvanas didn't ask and the other leaders are pushovers.

I am afraid Thrall will come back to be warchef after this.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soul Craver View Post
    Now, the question is where voljin gone off to? its very likely calling all troll tribes to help fight BL
    I'm not 100% sure as I didn't expect him to be MIA...the remaining troll tribes don't have enough people to fight a war though

- - - Updated - - -

Sylvanas Windrunner, despite how she's done some ethically questionable things in the past, is the single most experienced horde leader in matters pertaining to war. She was the ranger-general of Silvermoon and has since her transformation into an undead essentially maintained the edge of tactical command she sharpened arguably centuries ago. She was the de-facto superior of Lorthermar theron in life, and probably maintains a similar power dynamic after life. Baine is a youth with little grand strategic experience, and Thrall is going to drop/relinquish the Doomhammer so we're not sure what happens there.. he's in no state to assume a post of warchief anyway.
    Theron has proved himself countless times and stands up to Sylvanas, and threatens here countlessly. HE most of all knows how evil and cruel she is, he wouldn't take this so he has to die or he has no cards to make a move against her.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Chitika View Post
    It's like you said.
    Sylvvanas didn't ask and the other leaders are pushovers.

I am afraid Thrall will come back to be warchef after this.
    Theron wouldn't let her take leadership unless he couldn't make a move against her for whatever reason

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    I assume Sylvanas has taken temporary stewardship of the Horde because she's the highest ranking Horde leader on the Broken Isles at the start of the storyline. The Horde, unlike the Alliance, doesn't have a clear line of succession. I've no doubt that part of the ongoing story for the Horde side would be the power-vacuum and the other Horde leaders struggles to remove Sylvanas from power or reinstate Vol'jin (if he is still alive).
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    I assume Sylvanas has taken temporary stewardship of the Horde because she's the highest ranking Horde leader on the Broken Isles at the start of the storyline. The Horde, unlike the Alliance, doesn't have a clear line of succession. I've no doubt that part of the ongoing story for the Horde side would be the power-vacuum and the other Horde leaders struggles to remove Sylvanas from power or reinstate Vol'jin (if he is still alive).
    So Garrosh 2.0, that's not what I want. But that's all I can assume right now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Therris View Post
    So Garrosh 2.0, that's not what I want. But that's all I can assume right now.
    You never know with Sylvanas - she may surprise us in a lot of ways, or she may make Garrosh look like a schoolyard bully in comparison. Given the givens I don't think she'll be able to keep the reins of leadership for very long, though. The Forsaken in general, and she specifically, are neither well-loved or entirely trusted within the Horde.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Deleted
    The remaining Horde leaders are realists in a bleak situation, they need a hawk and Lorthemar despite having 'proved' himself is not the automatic choice. Sylvanas has seniority in practically every respect, in this emergency it is a natural choice. If it had been an election then someone else might have a better chance to be in the running, but they need the best Warchief they have right now.. and despite Lorthemars expertise, one cannot deny Sylvanas has the edge here.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elderahn View Post
    The remaining Horde leaders are realists in a bleak situation, they need a hawk and Lorthemar despite having 'proved' himself is not the automatic choice. Sylvanas has seniority in practically every respect, in this emergency it is a natural choice. If it had been an election then someone else might have a better chance to be in the running, but they need the best Warchief they have right now.. and despite Lorthemars expertise, one cannot deny Sylvanas has the edge here.
    That's what I'm assuming they're just going with it for now because the world is on fire as they said, and yes correct Sylvanas does have an edge, but her edge isn't the good type. She plagues the land, fights only for herself (...as of every expansion and the book War Crimes) she doesn't see the horde as a "family" as the other leaders do. She see's them as a means to an end and this...isn't good for the Soldiers of the horde. In my book, Theron cares more about the people (even more so other Sin'dorei), she cares about protecting herself from the hells she seen. She even practices necromancy with the help of scourge fiends that could or could not be tied to the old gods and necromancy in itself is frowned upon

So we're replacing the human faction leader due to the previous one meeting a tragic fate, and the Horde are replacing their warchief becausr the previous one is leaving due to circumstances beyond their control - and will be replaced with a person known to have a very highly obvious questionable sense of morality and ethical standards...

I just have one question here: am i talking about the beginning of Legion or the end of Wrath of the Lich King?

Deleted
    Sylvanas is the most senior ranking member of the Horde when Vol'jin dissappears. All other Horde factions leaders have been in power, and in the horde, for a much shorter time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    The alliance doesn't have a clear line of succession either.
    As far as I know they have to ellect the High-King/Queen. Looking back tough it should be clear it's Magni again, he was High King while Varian was "gone".
    Last edited by mmocdca0ffe102; 2015-11-24 at 03:45 PM.

You all seem to be forgetting something major here : We already know the factions will be in disarray in Legion, it's been said from the announcement : Legion will center around the classes, not the factions. Political chaos and the inability to work together is the reason why classes will have to work in their class halls instead of relying on faction armies, as is usual.

I think it's great.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Therris View Post
    Maybe they die? I know Lor'themar is present in the Broken Shore cinematic
    I don't think Theron dies. All of his deputies -- Rommath, Halduron, Liadrin, even Aethas -- are out fighting the Legion as part of one class group or another; I don't think that'd be their first priority if their head of state died horribly and left their kingdom leaderless.

But yeah, I doubt Sylvanas got the spot due to... popular support.

Quote Originally Posted by Ixuzcc View Post
    Sylvanas is the most senior ranking member of the Horde when Vol'jin dissappears. All other Horde factions leaders have been in power, and in the horde, for a much shorter time.
    So... Saurfang should be the leader - based on your logic of seniority with the Horde?

Also, thats a terrible way to choise a leader. A leader is about ethics and smart decisions... Which sylv has very little of, unless you're a brainless zombie...