Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Vedni View Post
    No guild should require people to get all 4800+ valor until they're fully upgraded, sure. But I don't see how its "elitist" to expect your members to make some progress with valor week to week.
    Indeed. And besides, say you have a roster of 25. 15 people went all out and maxed VP, 5 people got some of it and 5 couldn't be bothered. It's raid time and you're progressing, all 25 are signed up. Who do you take that night? There's nothing wrong with tracking these things, nothing wrong with giving your guild the expectation they need to be upgrading things (not necessarily maxing everything possible) and so on.

If someone doesn't like how the OP runs his guild that's fine; you're not in his guild. But no point in trying to make him feel like a bad person either, he's just doing his job and in all likeliness the majority of his guild is in agreement with it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SL1200 View Post
    I'm really glad i'm not in your guild.
    I was thinking the exact same thing xD

Quote Originally Posted by Raelbo View Post
    Valor at this stage makes no difference to the kinds of guilds that can justifiably demand that their players put in any kind of serious committment to capping valor. So if you're demanding or even expecting your guildmates to be doing so, you've completely missed the point of what was intended with this feature (ie you're going about this game the wrong way).
    This is quite false. There's less than 400 guilds still that have killed Archimonde on Mythic; a lot of raiding guilds are working on him and all of us benefit from these upgrades quite a lot. Who are you to tell me or anyone else I'm playing the game wrong? I play it like I want to; you play it like you want to. No need to argue since we don't play together.

Also maxing VP is not the huge effort people are making it sound: clearing mythic dungeons takes less than two hours, LFR 1,5 hours on top of that and you're almost done for the week; after the first two weeks everything is upgraded. Very taxing indeed.
    Last edited by Summer; 2015-11-25 at 11:12 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Paula Deen View Post
    If your guild is serious you shouldn't steal be clearing HFC you should have been BIS for everyone and your benches months ago. Nice memes though.
    Yeah what is RNG?

Nice to see we have high school dropouts in mmochamp, stick to flipping burgers.

I think it's okay to strongly advice members to get valor upgrades capped each week if they can manage to get time for that.

There is still lot's of guild who raid only 1-2 nights (4-9h) a week and are (and were before upgrades) steadily progressing towards the mythic archimonde kill (there is still less than 400 of those ). Of course it's possible to kill the boss without those gear upgrades by just honing the skills of players and tactics for the boss, but valor upgrades surely makes it easier (only 2 doomfires instead of 3 makes the fight so much easier to handle). I myself prefer to take a little extra time (1,5h lfr, 1,5h mythics, 1h weekly quest) for these first weeks so I get that extra 10 ilvl's which makes the progress smoother and I'm happy if my guildmates try to do them as well.

There can be players who are more "Hardcore" than "casual" if you check how they view the game and playing (and improving and minmaxing your own performance), but with lesser raiding nights they are still progressing HFC. You aren't really hardcore player (from one pov) if you just play a lot, but with bad attitude and slow results. Are you a more HC player if you play 5 nights a week, but require way more pulls / boss than a guild which raids fewer nights, but kills boss with less pulls? (Ofc latter one of these guilds have better gear on average on the bosses as they reach them a little bit later.)

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    I found a dictionary you can use to look up ironic.
    You are correct, I should have said hypocritical.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    I'd just /gquit until next xpac if this is how my raid leader operated.
    Have you considered possibility that OP and you have different goals in the game and you wouldn't be in OP's guild in the first place?

Quote Originally Posted by boonoob View Post
    Topics like this, make me thank the god I don't have to play with mouthbreathers like you.
    Straight to insults and name-calling - you sure fit the stereotype in question.

Trust them? If they're willing to lie about doing it, they clearly aren't that interested in the content to do so, and you pushing them to do it could easily lead to burn out. The upgrades aren't vital by any means. Helpful, yes. Vital, no.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sadly this topic has ventured into the path of discussion is it right or wrong to "spy" after your raiders.

The original question for the OP has already been answered several times in the thread.