Page 4 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Criiz View Post
    This is exactly what I was thinking.

Also, shouldn't they have taken Carter with them? So Kendra can collect the armour?
    Yeah, all spirits aside, now there's two sets of Khufu's armor in 1975, with the 2016 set now being in Savage's hands.

On an unrelated note, can't wait to see old man Ollie in episode 6.

Quote Originally Posted by Khime View Post
    Going to tag this just in case someone's late watching the show... I wonder how time travel interacts with reincarnation? Is the 2016 Khufu spirit now going to be reborn in a 1975 baby, while the 1975 version of Khufu (however old he happens to be) is also still out there? Wouldn't that mess up the next 41 years of timeline in some way? Especially if the Khufu from 2016 gets reincarneted in 1975, and starts remembering his 21st century life sometime in the 90s. Or does 2016 Khufu dying in 1975 make no difference, and his spirit skips ahead to a 2016 baby?
    I just assumed he wouldn't be reborn if she wasn't dead. Like they both have to die before they can be reborn since in every other instance we've seen they both die together.

Signature Created by Jassinta

Stephen Amell teases appearance on episode 6 of Legends, its not what you think. Watch the video http://geektyrant.com/news/stephen-a...ds-of-tomorrow

Thoroughly enjoying it.

I don't get how people can be so enthusiastic for Arrow/Flash and not like this..?

Great fun romp, really looking forward to more.

So in this trailer Flash and Arrow are part of this team but apparently they changed their minds and removed those from the show. I was disappointed.

Pretty sure that trailer was for promotional purposes only as they hadn't started shooting any actual footage for the show yet. Oliver will be in episode 6, but "future Oliver" with Goatee and one arm. As for Flash I'm sure he'll show up at some point too.

Am I only one who cant understand why they just wont teleport to the time where the pictures were taken by that child of harpy guys and shoot the crap out of the Savage and be done with it? For a time traveling team having troubles finding a guy who is on loads and loads of pictures seems weird to me. Otherwise, apart from the horrible logic and loop holes, the show is enjoyable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinary View Post
    having troubles finding a guy who is on loads and loads of pictures seems weird to me
    those photos are probably fixed points in time. can't edit those.
    Hi

Wasnt the first half of the first episode just bout finding him cause his behind the scenes, never seen or heard and they dont know where he is? Thats why they went to that child firstplace cause he might know where Savage could be? Also, never understood why they just couldnt go to the time when savage was "killed" by flash and co and find the missing piece which they missed? Seems just lil weird to be but nevertheless, interesting show. Might have also misunderstood some sentences since I watched it at work during night and was a bit sleepy.

Deleted
    seemed like a great big ripoff of Doctor Who tbh.

Rip Hunter - "The Doctor"
    Waverider (the ship) - "The Tardis"
    Crew - "The many Doctors assistants"

They both steal their ships, They both travel through time to confront that weeks bad guy / Fix a problem with the past or future, they both have a main antagonist for a series arc.

I will give it a usual 5 to 6 episodes to get going as I normally do with a TV show, but unless there is some sort of major change in direction I don't think I will be following it due to the comparison to Doctor Who that will keep being present in one form or another.

Time travelling in TV sci-fi is incredibly hard to get right, the majority it comes off as cheesy trying to be serious, or knows it is going to a silly episode and plays on that with comedic dialogue and events. I have only seen one or two TV shows which get the writing right, and not come off cheesy as hell. Unfortunately Legends is off to a very bad start on this.

With the Marvell Spin off they got it right, keep it in the same time-frame and develop the storyline along the rest of the universe, introducing guest characters from time to time.
    Last edited by mmocd8f86ed6f0; 2016-01-30 at 03:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
    seemed like a great big ripoff of Doctor Who tbh.
    Yeah except you're way off base, Rip Hunter was created in 1959, Doctor Who did not air until 1963.

Quote Originally Posted by Feredir View Post
    Yeah except you're way off base, Rip Hunter was created in 1959, Doctor Who did not air until 1963.
    Don't try to argue with whovians, they'll just quote wibbly-wobbly

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by CR77 View Post
    As for Flash I'm sure he'll show up at some point too.
    They have to be careful with Flash, he's already dabbling in time travel himself. In theory, the LoT will return to the exact moment they left when they've completed their mission/get cancelled; that's why we're getting a future Oliver instead of a present one. So it'd have to be a future Flash they encounter, but from which future? It's all higgly-piggly (and by higgly-piggly, I mean they may have completely destroyed any sense of logic with time travel in the show) with the Reverse Flash remnant introduced in this past episode.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Feredir View Post
    Tbh I am not that big a fan of Doctor Who either, and whilst Rip hunter may have been created before hand in the comic books and graphic novels, Doctor Who is much more recognisable as the time-travailing hero of TV, and this means there will be a lot of comparisons between the two and people who are not knowledgable of the DC universe will make the same mistake I did in thinking that the Doctor is the older of the two characters.

Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    They have to be careful with Flash, he's already dabbling in time travel himself. In theory, the LoT will return to the exact moment they left when they've completed their mission/get cancelled; that's why we're getting a future Oliver instead of a present one. So it'd have to be a future Flash they encounter, but from which future? It's all higgly-piggly (and by higgly-piggly, I mean they may have completely destroyed any sense of logic with time travel in the show) with the Reverse Flash remnant introduced in this past episode.
    I'm thinking that if they know they are being cancelled and can make an ending for it or if they just decide its time to end the series they will probably end up farther in the future past Rips time and find out they really are legends.

Quote Originally Posted by frogger237 View Post
    I'm thinking that if they know they are being cancelled and can make an ending for it or if they just decide its time to end the series they will probably end up farther in the future past Rips time and find out they really are legends.
    Even if they don't have a chance to end it on their terms (i.e., cancelled after the last ep is wrapped), the way the arrowverse shows are all crossed they can resolve it on either Flash or Arrow (or both). I'm sure in the end they will stop Savage, and will be "Legends", but I'm guessing Berlanti will want to keep most of them in the present time.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Quote Originally Posted by frogger237 View Post

At the moment they only plan one season, which I assume the production is committed too. Its apparently incredibly expensive in comparison to other TV shows so they didn't want to extend themselves without knowing if it was going to be a hit or not.

I love MMOC forums. While its been pretty well received elsewhere you guys are talking about it being cancelled cos...well, that's the trend of the thread.

Am I only one who cant understand why they just wont teleport to the time where the pictures were taken by that child of harpy guys and shoot the crap out of the Savage and be done with it? For a time traveling team having troubles finding a guy who is on loads and loads of pictures seems weird to me. Otherwise, apart from the horrible logic and loop holes, the show is enjoyable.
    It sort of reminds me of the Futurama episode where they travel back in time. They try to make sure they don't interfere with the timeline, mess it all up. "Lets just grab the dish and get out of here!" "WHat happened to preserving the timeline?" "oh, a lesson in time travel from Mr I'm My Own Grandfather!"

So yeah, at first they are seeking a point in time where they can pin down a spot where they can find Savage with the least interference. By the end, they'll probably kill Hitler in their bombing run to hit Savage.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

Also, never understood why they just couldnt go to the time when savage was "killed" by flash and co and find the missing piece which they missed? Seems just lil weird to be but nevertheless, interesting show. Might have also misunderstood some sentences since I watched it at work during night and was a bit sleepy.
    That was explained in part 2 of the pilot: "We can't go back and change events in which we participated. Time would fold in on itself, creating a temporal vortex." Kendra and Carter were part of that takedown, so they couldn't change anything that happened, and once Savage was "killed", "Unless you or Mr. Hall deliver the death blow, Savage can be restored from but a single cell." So if they missed even a tiny bit of Savage dust, he'd return. And since time has a habit of correcting itself if it's not being actively countered, he'd probably end up regenerating from the part they missed, not the part they gathered.
    Last edited by Khime; 2016-01-31 at 06:52 AM.

This was the worst shit I've ever watched in my life, and I love superhero movies/shows. I can't even begin to list the multitudes of problems it's got, it's so god damn cheesy it would almost feel at home with a sitcom laughing track in the background.
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

So, they defeated Vandal, but since she wasn't healed yet, they just.. left him to heal? No prison cell until she's recovered? Couldn't drag his unconscious form to the medical table, prop a dagger in her hand and stab him with her hand?

Bleh.

Episode had some fun stuff to it, but still not feeling the metaplot.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."