Angry Boomkin trinket question

So just a question here about trinkets. I just got the Mythic Prophecy of fear which i can upgrade to 740 ilvl. I currently use a heroic 730 Class trinket and 715 dsi of which both are upgraded to that ilvl. So was just wondering if the pure ilvl increase and spellpower would it make it viable at all or is it still garbage no matter what?

It's garbage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not to hi-jack, but i figure since this is still on page 1 of Druid forums, I shouldn't bother creating another for the same topic.

Have: 730 class trinket and 700 DSI (w/ socket), I received a Mythic Unblinking Gaze last night, and wondering if it comes close to beating out my good ol' DSI.
    so Warlords of Draenor is /'woɹː.loɹːdz ʌv 'ɖɹæːn.oɹː/.
    I've always loved how in an attempt to make pronunciation through text easier to understand people have created a seemingly alien cypher for which few people without a degree related to language would ever been able to understand.

Never replace DSI

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd suggest no to both of y'all asking.

http://www.icy-veins.com/wow/balance...t-best-in-slot

I'll just leave that graph showing trinket dps here and let you draw your own conclusions...

A list(there's not a single graph on that page) that is known to be faulty. Best to just ignore it.

Quote Originally Posted by Albimoo View Post
    http://www.icy-veins.com/wow/balance...t-best-in-slot

I'll just leave that graph showing trinket dps here and let you draw your own conclusions...
    lol ice-veins...

Really?

Quote Originally Posted by Owlkinn View Post
    lol ice-veins...

Really?
    It's kept pretty up to date by 2 boomkins better than you.

Decent benchmark in any case.

"Last update 23 Jun 2015"

Does it, now?

And no, it's not a decent benchmark. It's a list based on incorrect assumptions for a type of fight that flat out doesn't exist in current content.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    "Last update 23 Jun 2015"

Does it, now?

And no, it's not a decent benchmark. It's a list based on incorrect assumptions for a type of fight that flat out doesn't exist in current content.
    Nice to see IV hasn't changed.
    Sunfyre | @FoGSunfyre

As one of those players:
    - I recommended to not give BiS lists for this reason. It was added after my last review.
    - Gapezilla does the review now, my name has been on it because of previous credit.

With that said, don't trust any BiS list. Just use SimCraft and run 3 simulations: Single-target, Multi-Target(3 targets), and HecticAddCleave. Do some factions and weigh the simulation results: 50%/25%/25%. [ST / MT / HAC]

That is a better representation of Trinket value for minimal effort.
    The Boomkings(WIP) :: YouTube Project

I ran some sims to test the trinkets mentioned above. This is all in SimulationCraft 623-01 with 25000 iterations, 450 second fight time, and 20% length variation. I used my character with Heroic Seed in each profile. The other trinket is swapped out.

The single-target Patchwerk sims line up mostly with what everyone has been saying above:

However, 3-target Patchwerk and HecticAddCleave show the Mythic trinkets coming out ahead:
    3-target Patchwerk

HecticAddCleave

I tried combining the results of these sims like Cyous suggested:
    Just use SimCraft and run 3 simulations: Single-target, Multi-Target(3 targets), and HecticAddCleave. Do some factions and weigh the simulation results: 50%/25%/25%. [ST / MT / HAC]
    I normalized the results within each sim by dividing each profile's dps by the max dps within that sim (normalizing by the mean instead gives the same ranking in the end). Then I weighed the results as suggested above. This is the ranked list that comes out:

1. 0.996 Mythic Gaze
    2. 0.982 Heroic DSI
    3. 0.980 Mythic Prophecy
    4. 0.975 Normal DSI + socket
    5. 0.970 Normal DSI

The problem with using this approach to evaluate Gaze and Prophecy is that they sim artificially high in multi-target situations in SimCraft because each time the trinkets proc, they hit every target in the sim. This will not be the case in actual fights. For this reason, you should be very careful interpreting results from multi-target sims using those trinkets. You may need to look into the results and subtract out the extra damage.

Alternatively, it is probably easier just to stick to single-target sims for evaluating these trinkets (especially given how quickly adds die these days and how unlikely it is that the procs will hit more than one or two targets anyway). In those sims, Heroic DSI and Normal DSI with a socket are both better than Mythic Gaze and Prophecy.
    Last edited by Tarm; 2015-11-28 at 07:48 AM.

You need to adjust for actual encounters then. Take your Gaze damage output and multiply it by 25% (you'd land 25% of all possible hits). From here, do napkin math and adjust your results manually.
    The Boomkings(WIP) :: YouTube Project

10+ Year Old Account
    how does the new BoA int trinket (the one that scales to 110) fit into the bis Lists?
    Hi

10+ Year Old Account
    For super short fights its bis, demon or not. For long demon fights it BIS, for fights in the middle its slightly above/below DSI depending on procs, but in my experience worth swapping out class trinket for. That said, without the class trinket you will NEED to CAST starfall MANUALLY.
    Vexxd

LFG to push 15+ m+,
    maybe streaming @ http://www.twitch.tv/vexxee