Thread: Mana Struggle

Deleted

Mana Struggle

So i recently rerolled on a fresh boosted Healdruid for our Raid and got quickly to 715

Im struggling ALOT with my Mana. Compared to my paladin or Priest it feels like going oom in no time. How much spirit is recommended? im sitting at 1.2k right now

1.2k is pretty low - are you raiding heroic, or mythic? Progression or farm?

Ideally i'd say you want to aim for 1.6-2k, and you definitely want to get your hands on the Phylactery trinket from Socrethar...that will help a lot with your mana longevity.

The amount of spirit differs per player. I know some druids who play with very low spirit, like what you have, and then some of us are a little more spam-heavy and just load on as much as we can possibly get. I think I had near 2k spirit through progression. Socrethar and Xul'horac trinkets help immensely if you do not have those. Just get spirit on every piece you can. Rings, necklaces, weapons, trinkets. Load it up on spirit, and then if you find that you are finishing fights with 20+% mana then you can consider dropping pieces for more throughput. If you can end a fight with 0% mana, but were able to get through it, that's perfect. And some fights may require more than others. But a good rule of thumb is just to load it on until you find it's too much for your particular playstyle and back track from there.

You probably need a bit more spirit (I'm at 1.8k, but I haven't raided in a while so my gear isn't up to date anymore).
    Another part of it is playstyle as well. You have to get a feeling for how much you can push your inefficient throughput spells and how much you have to go for efficient healing.

A resto druid can (IMO) more easily shift between a very mana efficient healing style and a much more inefficient style with a higher throughput; compared to say a disc priest who has PW:S as his (generally) most efficient and highest throughput in one spell.
    Adjusting your rotation on your mana consumption and trusting in your teammates, gets you a long way.