Computer thoughts?

UPDATE: I went to CyberPowerPC and built this computer. Has more well known name brands, extra free/black friday sales. Would appreciate thoughts if this is worth the price. It's $1,104 but goes down to $1,048 after a coupon:

http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/saved/1HGBHJ

I'm looking to get myself a new computer where I won't have to upgrade for about 7+ years. I always upgrade mid level stuff so I end up spending like 400-500 every couple years. I've built a PC once or twice so I was looking at this one already built

OLD :

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16883102075

I went to pcpartpicker and priced all the pieces/extras that comes with the pre-built computer, brands and all, and the price was $1,300 total from 4-5 different sites. On newegg all the pieces received 4 or better eggs except for the PSU which I would probably switch out.

Can I get some thoughts on the more well-versed computer heads here? Will this setup run any AAA game at max settings with good fps? Is the setup something I won't need to upgrade for a very long time barring any malfunctions?

This is the PCPartPicker link that shows every individual piece:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/YQcfQ7
    Last edited by kaamila; 2015-11-25 at 04:08 PM.

I think it's lacking some ram, and the pick of the CPU is weird. I see no reason why they'd pick an old i7.
    That aside, I don't think you should be aiming to buy a pc for 7 years, odds are some of the parts if not most of them will burn/die during that period of time.

10+ Year Old Account
    First, moving this to the build/upgrade subforum.

Second, a few questions:
    1) Reason for the i7?
    2) Expensive ram
    3) Kinda meh on SSD brand
    4) 980 isn't really with the price
    5) Nope on the PSU. Replace or use a good one in the first place.

You can shave about $200 straight off the bat with an i5 and a 970 or equivalent ATI card.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    First, moving this to the build/upgrade subforum.

Second, a few questions:
    1) Reason for the i7?
    2) Expensive ram
    3) Kinda meh on SSD brand
    4) 980 isn't really with the price
    5) Nope on the PSU. Replace or use a good one in the first place.

You can shave about $200 straight off the bat with an i5 and a 970 or equivalent ATI card.
    Thanks for the move
    The PCPartPicker link is all the hardware in the pre-built computer that I linked so I can't really choose.

1.) I just figured that even though right now the i7 is overkill for most things, wouldn't it be more "future proof" moving forward being as powerful as i think it is?

As for the ram and SSD brand, thats just what comes with it so I have no say in it. I would prefer to stay with Nvidia GPU since I also have a Nvidia Shield Tablet that I like to stream games to from the PC when I'm in bed or wherever but If ATI card is as powerful and cheaper then I'd switch. And I would definitely switch out the PSU. Although I've built acouple of my PC's in the past, I'd feel more comfortable if it was already pre-built. But again, if there'es no actual good pre-built computers I could buy straight out, I would be forced to buy each piece and build it myself.

If there are any sites/links that are known to sell top of the line gaming PCs that are actually good for the price they sell, I would appreciate the help in choosing.

- - - Updated - - -

I went to CyberPowerPC and used the options to add/change things to the build and including their black friday deals(free led lights, upgraded ram etc) i built this. also has more known brands. They also have quite a few of upgrades/extra stuff but they don't get added in by default so you have to find it and look closely in the list to build the pc.

http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/saved/1HGBHJ

seems more "bang for my buck". I think it has liquid cooling as well. I chose the AMD R9 390X. I also did the same upgrade/changes to the cheaper base version of the i5 model and it ended up costing more :/ I think it's because its a "daily" deal that ends later today. Also got $100 bucks off at checkout with a coupon and get an upgraded mechanical keyboard, mousepad, and TP-LINK 802.11 AC Archer T1U AC450 Wireless 5GHz 433Mbps Nano USB Adapter with free shipping.
    Last edited by kaamila; 2015-11-25 at 03:58 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor ($254.99 @ Amazon)
    CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 67.8 CFM Fluid Dynamic Bearing CPU Cooler ($59.90 @ Newegg)
    Motherboard: Asus Z170 PRO GAMING ATX LGA1151 Motherboard ($119.99 @ Newegg)
    Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2666 Memory ($106.89 @ OutletPC)
    Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($77.99 @ Amazon)
    Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($44.99 @ Newegg)
    Video Card: Asus Radeon R9 390 8GB Video Card ($274.99 @ Newegg)
    Case: Fractal Design Arc XL ATX Full Tower Case ($85.99 @ SuperBiiz)
    Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($64.99 @ NCIX US)
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM (64-bit) ($84.98 @ OutletPC)
    Total: $1175.70
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-11-25 11:27 EST-0500

Deleted
    I would go with an i5 6600k like Arturius above, i don't think the i7 is worth it atm. Mind you the amd cards atm are better performance/money atm an R9 390X is cheaper than an gtx980, which i'd say is overkill for 1080p, you should be fine with just an r9 390. You can save 100$ from that alone.
    This is a red/black theme based rig:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor ($254.99 @ Amazon)
    CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 67.8 CFM Fluid Dynamic Bearing CPU Cooler ($59.90 @ Newegg)
    Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z170X-Gaming 5 ATX LGA1151 Motherboard ($129.99 @ Newegg)
    Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2666 Memory ($82.99 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($77.99 @ Amazon)
    Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($44.99 @ Newegg)
    Video Card: Asus Radeon R9 390X 8GB Video Card ($389.99 @ Amazon)
    Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro M ATX Mid Tower Case ($59.99 @ Amazon)
    Power Supply: SeaSonic 650W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply ($69.99 @ Newegg)
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM (64-bit) ($84.98 @ OutletPC)
    Total: $1255.80
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-11-26 02:48 EST-0500