Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Backdraft will be a talent?

Ahahahahaahhahahahahahahhaha.

http://beta.wowdb.com/talent-calculator#Qn

What's next, removal of all pets?

I was hoping destro would be petless... but no such luck.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Deleted
    every class has fans on the forum complaining about ability pruning because they can't see past their own microcosm. every class is having base abilities removed or made into talents. think more holistically, it's happening everywhere to make the game easier to balance and return class flavour and uniqueness.

I don't see anyone getting excited about new talent functionality mind you, new spells, new buttons from artefact levelling, new PvP talents and even stuff like new masteries - yes Destro mastery sucks now. It'll be a nice refresher.

Deleted
    I'm pretty sure most people are gonna just dump themselves into shadowburn anyways.

Afflictions bars literally looks like a closing down sale, like my poor warlock had started to sell off his spells in order to fund it's garrison bill.
    (Slightly over exaggerated) But you get the picture.

Demo and Destruction on the other hand sound like they'll have more, especially Demo.
    Hope the way forward is Demo, absolutely love the spec, whether its from the Ultraxion full mastery gear days or the super fun broken chaos wave pvp days.

Don't see this as a problem.

Backdraft for ST.
    Shadowburn to Cleave/add fights.
    Fire and Brim to Heavy aoe fights.

Quote Originally Posted by squidbear View Post
    every class has fans on the forum complaining about ability pruning because they can't see past their own microcosm. every class is having base abilities removed or made into talents. think more holistically, it's happening everywhere to make the game easier to balance and return class flavour and uniqueness.

I don't see anyone getting excited about new talent functionality mind you, new spells, new buttons from artefact levelling, new PvP talents and even stuff like new masteries - yes Destro mastery sucks now. It'll be a nice refresher.
    Ability pruning? You mean making Backdraft, FnB, Shadowburn and Demonic Circle:Teleport as talents? This is not ability pruning. This is just raping the spec. Look at the other classes. They gain another abilities when they lose some. We don't get anything. We never get anything, because core Warlock players will Warlock anyway, even if they nerf Warlocks down to hell. I mean, they introduced Demo as a cool spec in Legion. You'll get minion army, but at what cost? Mobility will be 0. No Demonic Leap, HoG as casting spell, no Chaos Wave, no Touch of Chaos. What we get? Stupid Demonwrath. It does [ 25% of Spell Power ] which is 0 dmg and channelable while moving. Blizz thinks they're giving us a superb thing. While Boomies have Starsurge which does [ 750% of Spell Power]. They have insta Chaos Bolt, wtf. I can't see Ember Tap anywhere too.

From what I've seen, the other ability turned to talents for other classes are: Druid Affinity talent tier(Resto Starsurge gg), Ice Block, Black Arrow, Aspect of the Beast, Mana Tea, Summon Jade Serpent Statue, Beacon of Faith, Mind Spike, Killing Spree, Hemorrage, Ascendance, Rend, Heroic Strike. I probably missed some, but look at those. Max 2 abilities turned to a talents per class. Warlock has 6 abilities turned to talents(Including Haunt+Drain Soul) If you add Siphon Life, that makes 7. Not even mentioning murdering Shadowfury and Howl of Terror. So, Warlock is dead. R.I.P.

Quote Originally Posted by JV Chequer View Post
    Don't see this as a problem.

Backdraft for ST.
    Shadowburn to Cleave/add fights.
    Fire and Brim to Heavy aoe fights.
    But we had all 3 as baselines! Conflag Backdraft+Fire and Brim=Faster aoe dmg. To increase your dps, execute them with Shadowburns.
    Last edited by Felpacino; 2016-01-15 at 05:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Felpacino View Post

But we had all 3 as baselines! Conflag Backdraft+Fire and Brim=Faster aoe dmg. To increase your dps, execute them with Shadowburns.
    And? Now you don't. Things change.

Backdraft wasn't exactly iconic or anything, surprised they didn't remove it altogether.

Meh, not even surprised anymore. Remember when they took Backlash and gave it to Boomkins?

Something something class fantasy. Even as they butcher the one class that already had three distinct 'class fantasies' already.

Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    And? Now you don't. Things change.
    And where does it say that all change is good? Especially in WoW?

That entire row is a big fucking joke. Before, you had all talents and could use them all the time as needed. But apparently that was "ability bload" and too many buttons to put on your bars/to consider, so now we keep them all in-game (still have to consider them, then) AND you have to swap them between every fight! So much smooth game design and flavour guys...

Quote Originally Posted by Gohzerlock View Post
    Backdraft wasn't exactly iconic or anything, surprised they didn't remove it altogether.
    It doesn't have to be iconic. This change was the breaking point for Destro's mobility. Now, we're officially turrets. Or should I say they? I'll probably reroll.

Welcome to a new Expansion, a place where we get to relearn how to play and how our talents and build works.

It doesn't have to be iconic. This change was the breaking point for Destro's mobility. Now, we're officially turrets. Or should I say they? I'll probably reroll.
    Backdraft not being baseline, particularly with the change they made to duration-based instead of charge-based, actually improves Destruction's mobility. Now you don't have to turret immediately after casting Conflag, which means you are free to save one charge to use during re-positioning.

It will also improve the spec's haste scaling, because we're no longer operating under a pseudo-Bloodlust with ridiculous uptime.

Quote Originally Posted by bio347 View Post
    Backdraft not being baseline, particularly with the change they made to duration-based instead of charge-based, actually improves Destruction's mobility. Now you don't have to turret immediately after casting Conflag, which means you are free to save one charge to use during re-positioning.

It will also improve the spec's haste scaling, because we're no longer operating under a pseudo-Bloodlust with ridiculous uptime.
    That's what I liked about the new Backdraft. I actually was considering to give Destro a shot, because with Backdraft's PvP talent, it's bonus increases to %50. However, we still didn't have any solid escape spell. If you pick teleport talent, you'll be sacrificing Sac Pact, how ironic. Also, if we won't have Ember Tap anymore, we'll have to heal with Drain Life. This is so painful. In WoD, I use Drain Life as a filler as Demo, but with Destro? Omg, that's just horrible.

So, our only instant dmging spell will be Conflagrate with 2 charges, well Life Tap is a dmging spell too hehe. Even RoF isn't instant. If Shadowburn is spammable, then I won't pick Backdraft. If it's not, then Destro is dead... again.

Fast casting is nothing against Boomies' insta casts and castable while moving thingy with Starfall talent.

Between the PvP talent and the Artifact talent, Backdraft was going to be something like 70% haste at 100% uptime, plus the 0.5s off Chaos Bolt PvP talent on top of that. Anyone who thinks that was going to go live is delusional.

Quote Originally Posted by bio347 View Post
    Between the PvP talent and the Artifact talent, Backdraft was going to be something like 70% haste at 100% uptime, plus the 0.5s off Chaos Bolt PvP talent on top of that. Anyone who thinks that was going to go live is delusional.
    Insta Starsurge went live, but when Warlocks get buffed, people act like the Judgment Day is coming. Destro already sucks, even insta Chaos Bolts wouldn't save the spec.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Dunno about you guys, but are you really SO bored after each expansion that you need such change to start enjoying your class? I mean, yeah, change stuff, but dont turn the specs upside down just for change's sake. I can understand rethinking abilities that were proven problematic after two years of using them in raid environments, but this whole re-shuffling is annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Fabinas View Post
    Dunno about you guys, but are you really SO bored after each expansion that you need such change to start enjoying your class? I mean, yeah, change stuff, but dont turn the specs upside down just for change's sake. I can understand rethinking abilities that were proven problematic after two years of using them in raid environments, but this whole re-shuffling is annoying.
    I got bad news for you, they do this every xpac, they sometimes even do it in major patches.

This xpacs overhaul is fairly unprecedented, they're overhauling literally every class from the ground up in every aspect so this will be a bit new... but yeah.. better get used to these overhauls because its something you live with in wow.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

warlocks are rip anyway, better off playing blade and soul. It doesn't have the warlock class yet in the western version but it will be added sooner or later and is insanely fun to play in the eastern versions of B&S.

I am not surprised blizzard isn't showing sub numbers anymore, they will be going down by insane amounts and already were going down a lot lately.