Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    MM. Not a fan of SV (since legion) or BM

Deleted
    BM, or in the case of crazy numbers Survival.

BM has everything in Legion. Everything's instant. It's got cooldowns to burst hard, it keeps the crazy beast cleave it's always had, yet it also gains Chimera Shot, a really key hard hitting shot that it's been missing. It's also traditionally the best spec for leveling, and for dungeons and challenge dungeons due to large mob counts.

SV as an 'offspec' or 'alternative spec' is probably pretty entertaining. With 2x disengage and 1x charge and 1x aspect of cheetah being a burst CD it's got all the mobility u can possibly need, and the AoE potential seems pretty wicked good with the butchery/serpent sting talents (lacerate on 10~ targets should be pretty outrageous), while the single target burst with mongoose stacking and aspect of eagle is probably pretty immense as well. But being melee is always a disadvantage so one should consider that spec over the others only if it truly does clearly more damage on all encounters.

MM just sucks. It lost kill shot. It lost instant aimed shots (or even castable while moving aimed shots). It lost chimera shot. It lost careful aim. It's slow, it's a turret, it's non-fluid, and relies on short duration rng proccing debuffs on targets that you should monitor and take advantage of before the targets die or the debuffs expire. It'll work on council fights, but on many other boss fights it'll be simply terrible. Most of all, the QoL level is below zero.
    Last edited by mmoc92c203c636; 2015-11-26 at 10:40 PM.

Deleted
    MM. I don't like pets and if MM sucks I'd rather go Fury Warrior than play Survival.

Probably MM, if not it will be BM...highest raid dps will win out in the end regardless...unless its SV...then I would just fall back to the second best as I refuse to go Munter, given that a) I dont like playing melee, and b) we have soooo many melee in our raid group already.
    Last edited by Kavorka; 2015-11-26 at 11:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kensai666 View Post
    MM just sucks. It lost kill shot. It lost instant aimed shots (or even castable while moving aimed shots). It lost chimera shot. It lost careful aim. It's slow, it's a turret, it's non-fluid, and relies on short duration rng proccing debuffs on targets that you should monitor and take advantage of before the targets die or the debuffs expire. It'll work on council fights, but on many other boss fights it'll be simply terrible. Most of all, the QoL level is below zero.
    If you're going to bitch about how a spec looks at least be reasonable. Saying it's slow and a turret is just uninformed. As far as casters go it's likely going to be one of the most mobile (likely moreso than now, no more sniper training), and I have no idea how you think instant AS focus generators are going to feel slow. It might feel shitty, but it looks to be neither slow nor immobile.

Only assuming I won't main DH (very likely but still undecided without actual Beta gameplay):

Whatever is best for raiding.

But I really do hope that SV Hunter comes close to MoP Arms Warrior because I really loved pre-WoD Arms Warrior and I prefer Melee normally. SV Hunter seems to go in that direction with Lacerate-DoT, Mongoose Bite charges with built-in Colossus Smash etc. So I'm really excited to see some SV action Could be a great alternative if DH turns out to be not very exciting.

Also curious about new MM Hunter - though, also slightly sceptical.

Not so hyped for BM because I'm expecting a horrible pet management nightmare.
    Last edited by chooi; 2015-11-27 at 01:25 AM.

BM, because I love my pets!

Deleted
    In prepatch/for levelling I'll cycle through all to get an idea. For raiding, whatever does the highest deeps or has the highest raid utility. Ill attempt to upgrade all artifacts. My preferred spec for raiding is MM and for solo is BM currently. SV will probably be played rarely as there are enough melees around. But oftentimes it isn't a disadvantage to have many melees anymore.

SV for sure, is going to be like playing a new melee class but not be a demon hunter

I will start out as a MM hunter i love the direction they are taking that spec.
    Tho at the end of the day will be playing which ever of the MM and BM spec dose the highest dps in raids.

I wont be playing SV since i really don't like playing a melee dps and i cant do it properly to save my life.

15+ Year Old Account
    Will definitely give my first attention to Demon Hunter, Survival Hunter and Fury Warrior, and then decide from there.
    Why did you create a new thread? Use the search function and post in existing threads!
    Why did you necro a thread?

BM pretty much no matter what. It was the first spec I ever really grew any sort of major attachment to.

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ragemv View Post
    How can anyone answer what they want. how the specs are doing is not out yet.
    That's easy. I'm a BM Hunter. No matter how they change it, I'll play it.

Quote Originally Posted by PuppetShowJustice View Post
    BM pretty much no matter what. It was the first spec I ever really grew any sort of major attachment to.
    BM for life. \o/
    Last edited by De Lupe; 2015-11-27 at 02:20 PM.
    US - Eitrigg - <Bank Space is Magic>
    Delupi, Amoora, Jisu, Beahru, Rusa, Yeun, Neralyis, Usii, Razzil, Zaramja, Oshaz, Shawnie, Iziss, Gearsi(A)

Whatever is going to sim as the highest dps. If all three are very close, then MM most likely.

Not gonna look forward to hard cast aimed shot any time soon/ever again, will stick with BM, kinda excited to try Surv tho.

I thought for sure I would play Survival because, come on: melee Hunters. Badass.

Then I saw that Marksman gets a myriad of options from their talent tree, as well as a major artifact trait, that effectively makes them into a Dark Ranger.

Yeah. I'm genuinely conflicted on this one.

15+ Year Old Account
    Even tho I have multiple melee alts, and even tho I'm playing this game since Vanilla, I'm sure I'll have "troubles" to get used to melee range as hunter. It will defo feel strange.
    Any of you guys have similar feeling?
    Serbian <MYST> , Draenor EU

15+ Year Old Account
    Depending on if I have a melee weapon or not (which I probably will, go Mannoroth!) I will go Survival.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    I'll play another class at launch but when it is my hunter's turn, I think I stay BM. But in no way will I play the melee specc...guess I have a rogue, paladin, warrior, monk, enhancement shaman or feral druid for that while only a warlock comes close to a pet specc

/signed
    BM for sure looks like the most raid/challenge ready and competitive spec, but come on, Survival is the perfect off spec. Sexy 2h transmogs from the past, and ridiculous mobility (harpoon, disengage, harpoon, disengage, harpoon, cheetah sprint all in a row) combined with sick burst and aoe, is the ultimate off spec And why not a main spec either on fights where melee are good.

Quote Originally Posted by Justin-Sane View Post
    Going survival. Even got the perfect transmog for it too. I've always wanted a proper melee hunter spec. That dark ranger talent for MM sure looks interesting though. Will likely be MM second choice. Don't think I'll play much of BM, but I'll still give it a try afterwards, seeing as all classes have access to all of their specs in legion.
    Care to show that transmog ?