Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know much about marvel besides the films, where Iron Man is easily my favourite, as he has the most interesting stories and the most interesting personality and view of the world imo. I always liked Gambit, Storm, and Jean Grey from the X-Men animated series I used to watch, though Wolverine overshadowed that massively. Having read civil war and the infinity wars books recently, I really liked Cap in the first and Dr. Strange in the other. The latter was really new to me and seemed like serious business at a really high level of play without being simply powerful in a death and destruction kind of way. Though my choices now don't really reflect it, I generally prefer heroes who have to struggle and do so through rationality and justice.

As for the remark about there being no right-wing superheroes - the super-hero is at his or her very core a response to the failure of the state to regulate society and denies the applicability of the state's monopoly of power to the individual's actions, either implicitly or explicitly. In that, aren't most superheroes very broadly "right-wing" in the liberal sense of that pov - they fight as individuals against the world. Since superheroes always act in areas where the state/normal people fail, however, they can't ever be liberal in the extreme sense, that would be more villain terrain, as conservatism equates to protecting the strong and giving the weak the potential opportunity to become strong as well, which is something the world does already by virtue of Darwinism. Maybe you have to be US American to really understand the remark, but to me it seems that comics that address state control of super heroes as in the xmen and civil war certainly go in the direction you described to the extent that super-hero comics as a genre can.
    Last edited by Ratyrel; 2015-11-26 at 03:47 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's a tossup between Wolverine and Jean Grey.

The Phoenix Saga/Dark Phoenix Saga circa the 90s Animated Series really endeared me to Jean. The X-Men feel incomplete w/o her. Wolverine has always been a badass and Hugh Jackman has been killing it.

Honorable mentions go to Cap and Cable. I always thought Cap was a cornball hero a la Superman but he's become my favorite Avenger (film version). I'm sure Cap 3 won't go there but I'd be okay with him making Iron Man a paraplegic Team Cap.

And Cable, I just think he has such an interesting story + I loved him in Marvel vs Capcom 2. He needs to make it to the films in a hurry. He has the potential to be my #1 fave but he needs a killer live action version a la Wolverine.
    Last edited by Daws001; 2015-11-26 at 03:27 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    deadpool or iron man. i love the comics deadpool, hyped for ryan reynolds take on it. and iron man from the movies cause RDJ crushes it.
    Hi

10+ Year Old Account
    You gotta love Impossible Man.

in general: spider-man

x-men: gambit
    avengers: Hawkeye
    non-team: Daredevil
    Guardians of the galaxy I have too little knowledge about tbh but Groot based on the movie

don't think I know much about any other storylines more than what they've written in Marvel heroes 2015

10+ Year Old Account
    My favorite so far is Dormammu. But I don't read the comics, so I only know Marvel characters from movies, TV shows and games.

Easily Dr Doom. Probably my favorite villain of all time. And, even with the immense power he controls, he still remains very human.

He even narrates his own tvtropes page.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...ing/DoctorDoom

Thanos, modern Doctor Doom, Wolverine, X-23, Moon Knight, Silver Surfer, Punisher, main universe Nick Fury, Black Panther....its hard to pick but those are a few favorites. Thanos is easily #1.

Deleted
    Deadpool.
    This really is the only correct answer!

Deleted
    it was Thor before Aaron destroyed him.now,its Carol Danvers.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoaric View Post
    This guy for sure.

This is awesome. And yeah indeed. My fav is also Cap. He is like the peak of justice. Like a Paladin from WoW.

mmm top 5?
    Deadpool
    Punisher
    Venom (flash tompson)
    Ghost Rider
    and SpiderGwen <3

I liked X-men when I was younger, so Wolverine and Mystique. Captain America/Steve Rogers is probably my favorite now. As far as villains go, Magneto 5ever.

Honorable mention to Gambit. I'd like to see him get a decent movie.
    "Join S.H.I.E.L.D. Travel to exotic distant lands. Meet exciting unusual people... and kill them."
    -Hunter, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

If I had to go with a well known one, I'd pick Iron Man probably, and I actually read a comic or two about him! I think one was the Demon in a Bottle one, and the other was like, Ultimate Iron Man.

Otherwise, probably Nightcrawler. I mean, I'm not heavily religious by any means, but there's gotta be something special about someone who could make even Wolverine believe in some form of a higher power. Also, teleporting, come on.

Captain America.

10+ Year Old Account
    Spiderman.

The amount of hype I have for Spiderman coming into the MCU is too damn high. More specifically Peter Parker, but Miles Morales is really cool as well.

Ice Man if he's not portrayed as a whiny teen.

Ant man because that movie was funny and the actor is from my town.

10+ Year Old Account
    When I was younger, it was Domino and Shatterstar. Then Carnage. Man, Carnage was ridiculous. I think overall though, Onslaught takes the cake for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Gambit. The new Marvel U needs to highlight him at least a little.