Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Annie Mee View Post
    Guuuuuys. Now that I have asked Mione, I feel concioussssly free to ask the others of you: who is better for soloing DK or DH?
    DH generally has a better toolkit for soloing, mainly via mobility. There are lots of fights where this comes into play - Tyrant, Assault, and (mythic) Archimonde to name a few. And on Imperator for example the haste debuff from the warmages is horrible to deal with as a DK. That said DK has better damage but that's subject to change at any time and doesn't really compensate for its weaker kit (in my opinion).

And of course if you're farming totally trivial content (pre-WoD stuff) DH is vastly superior and would clear the instances in less than half the time it would take as a DK.
    Last edited by Saiyendra; 2016-08-19 at 11:28 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Saiyendra View Post
    DH generally has a better toolkit for soloing, mainly via mobility. There are lots of fights where this comes into play - Tyrant, Assault, and (mythic) Archimonde to name a few. And on Imperator for example the haste debuff from the warmages is horrible to deal with as a DK. That said DK has better damage but that's subject to change at any time and doesn't really compensate for its weaker kit (in my opinion).

And of course if you're farming totally trivial content (pre-WoD stuff) DH is vastly superior and would clear the instances in less than half the time it would take as a DK.
    niiiiiiiiiice! will want to have one for the fun ride! I lik doing old dungeons

DK will in some scenarios have the survivability edge but soloing hasn't been about survivability (bar one or two fights here and there) since Cata. So DH toolkit advantage means it's the capable soloer.

The only capable remaining solo class mind you. druid might do some stuff, so will pally. The rest are basically cucked, in laymans terms.
    "It's those tears of rage making it harder for you to see." - Warstar [March 2016]
    Soloing Discord
    DH

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Annie Mee View Post
    Guuuuuys. Now that I have asked Mione, I feel concioussssly free to ask the others of you: who is better for soloing DK or DH?
    I do not really know what the DKs are capable of, at level 110. So I won't mention their DPS, regarding whether it's better or not.
    However, Saiyendra is right, when mentioning that our movement toolkit is playing for the biggest difference, against the scarlet class.
    There's also a lot of potential in terms of counter-spell (being able to take up to 4 interrupts in a row).
    A lot more AoE damage (see how the shards are just melting down on Tectus)...

Furthermore, in terms of "fun" (which is basically one of the main aspects, when treating about soloing stuff), the DHs are way ahead.
    Last edited by mmocfe2a18639c; 2016-08-19 at 01:41 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well they gutted BM hunter for soloing (might change a bi with the artifact and some legandaries). So looking for another class to go solo some shiz with. DH is (for me:my opinion) fun to play so might give it a shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Mionelol View Post
    Dunno, sorry, barely touched DK on beta, but I won't play DK for sure
    I'll take that as a yes yay DH!

DH soloing Mythic bosses

Right now he got Ymiron (19:46), Rokmora (38:20), Ularogg Cragshaper (1:20:44), and working on Hymdall.

Seriously.

PS: Also, 5H Neltharion's Lair and 5H Maw of Souls

PPS: Hymdall down (2:21:17)

P3S: The Vengeance list, I don't think it has Tyrant Velhari on it; intentional? On a lesser note, Wannoob off'ed her on beta.
    Last edited by isaac2314; 2016-08-21 at 04:19 AM.
    See here for my own Mage solo (and sometimes other classes too.)
    And also see this document for my efforts at listing solo kills of every class. Please do not hesitate to message me if there is some kill I have failed to record.

Deleted
    There are plenty of bosses which were done on beta and not added to spreadsheet yet. Some you'd expect some not so much, but generally speaking most of heroic and normal has been done anyway

Havn't had any direct confirmation, at this point it's just going on what's killed on live. Getting everyone to cooperate is a pain in the ass at the best of times and beta is irrelevent now.

Thankfully now that it's basically over we can get everything put here and sorted properly.
    "It's those tears of rage making it harder for you to see." - Warstar [March 2016]
    Soloing Discord
    DH

is gear just above the dungeons or are we broken?

Quote Originally Posted by Forikorder View Post
    I expect the gear was noticably higher than the dungeons, Don't forget you can also buy the Legendary items from a vendor on the Beta.
    Quote Originally Posted by Potboza View Post
    I created a black human male called "Pedopriest" and ran him to SW.
    I started asking where the schools were.
    Someone said "My kids play on this server you creep! How can you live with yourself?"
    I whispered back, "How old are they?"
    Yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Forikorder View Post
    In the case of those mythic bosses, he was 860 with every legendary available from vendor. 20 ilvl isn't insignificant, but I personally think you guys are, indeed, broken. For now.
    See here for my own Mage solo (and sometimes other classes too.)
    And also see this document for my efforts at listing solo kills of every class. Please do not hesitate to message me if there is some kill I have failed to record.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Has anyone tried mythic Archmage Sol? I was able to kill her with 725 gear at level 104 on beta, but on live unfortunately it seems far too difficult :/
    Last edited by Veiled Shadow; 2016-08-22 at 01:37 AM.

I cleared 25 Heroic DS last week, but couldn't manage Ultraxion as Vengeance. Had to go Havoc and it was doable. Was only 698 iLvl, though. Everything else was smooth sailing as Vengeance.

Deleted
    Hans&Franz done after they left a bitter low% taste in my mouth last week, number check all around for both survival and dps (but no strat)

ilvl 742 (dont ask how)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord of Outland View Post
    I cleared 25 Heroic DS last week, but couldn't manage Ultraxion as Vengeance. Had to go Havoc and it was doable. Was only 698 iLvl, though. Everything else was smooth sailing as Vengeance.
    How can it be difficult to solo such an old content? What is wrong with DHS?

Quote Originally Posted by Lord of Outland View Post

Should be easily soloable. Just need to practice your burst dmg on Veng.

Hans&Franz done after they left a bitter low% taste in my mouth last week, number check all around for both survival and dps (but no strat)

ilvl 742 (dont ask how)
    Did they patch it so the grip no longer resets? Up until a couple weeks ago when I last attempted it on Beta it was impossible after our teleport ability was removed.
    Last edited by JimSolo; 2016-08-26 at 04:02 AM.
    Soloing Discord
    DH

ilvl 742 (dont ask how)
    sexy, i wish RNG would stop cucking me i havent gotten an upgrade since launch week

Butcher possible the same way as a monk? (shadowmeld + soul cap)