Deleted

Legacy raid finder awarding only personal loot

So the other day I was looking through my dungeon journal for possible transmog pieces and noticed that old LFR raids had cool color variant of pieces I already had so I thought to myself "Better go farm those" however after killing a few bosses and messing around with loot rules I came to the cold realization that it only gave me personal loot, and so far only cold containers.
    Now this wouldn't be that big of an issue except for the fact that most of the things i was gonna farm I could by no means ever get because my class can't prioritize those items. For example: I am on my warrior, and I want the intellect plate gear from LFR Throne of Thunder, and the the green LFR variant of the lever staff from Blackfuse in SoO, all for transmog, I wouldn't need that many people if any to help me farm those. Can I ever get any of those? Nope. Literally nothing i can do to have a chance of getting those.

I hate that. Blizz either needs to remove personal loot from legacy raids or add a transmog loot priority option to personal loot so warriors, rogues and deathknights won't be permanently excluded from certain transmog pieces

Deleted
    so contact blizz, either tweet them or use the "make a suggestion" function in-game. dunno how likely it'd be to get seen/responded to, or even get changed in the game if they did see it, but its always worth a shot.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ExcelDamage View Post
    so contact blizz, either tweet them or use the "make a suggestion" function in-game. dunno how likely it'd be to get seen/responded to, or even get changed in the game if they did see it, but its always worth a shot.
    I'm on an europe server, so even less likely it'd be taken up to someone important, and I don't have a twitter so I figured I'd raid the forums, fuel other people with vicious vicious rage and hope they'd go after blizz in my stead

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rytingur View Post
    For example: I am on my warrior, and I want the intellect plate gear from LFR Throne of Thunder, and the the green LFR variant of the lever staff from Blackfuse in SoO, all for transmog, I wouldn't need that many people if any to help me farm those. Can I ever get any of those? Nope. Literally nothing i can do to have a chance of getting those.
    That will be fixed with the new account-wide transmog system coming in Legion. You'll just have to run the raids on a pally or int-staff user alt to be able to get those pieces.

Though the personal-loot-only will still slow down your collecting, which I agree is annoying having gone through it myself for a piece.
    Last edited by Masark; 2015-11-27 at 03:06 AM.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    That will be fixed with the new account-wide transmog system coming in Legion. You'll just have to run the raids on a pally or int-staff user alt to be able to get those pieces.

Though the personal-loot-only will still slow down your collecting, which I agree is annoying having gone through it myself for a piece.
    Yeah I know, except I wouldn't say fixed since I don't enjoy paladins enough to level them up to the point where i can run those raids so it's unlikely to happen. I just don't believe personal loot is relevant at all for legacy raids since there's almost never a raid going in there with the goal to get better gear

as far as i remeber int plate (as pally set) was avaivalble as non set look alike items from bosses (f.e. tot chest drops from jin rokh - http://www.wowhead.com/item=95644/io...amban-carapace)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Toore View Post
    as far as i remeber int plate (as pally set) was avaivalble as non set look alike items from bosses (f.e. tot chest drops from jin rokh - http://www.wowhead.com/item=95644/io...amban-carapace)
    well, yeah, that's the only thing i can go for on other difficulties. I still can't get it via personal loot since warriors don't use intellect

Deleted
    all your issues are adressed in legion. you get your wardrobe to equip items from another char and youll get a boost to 100 which you could use on a pally if you cant stand leveling him.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I can't find exactly where they said it but I'm pretty sure they said they'd get back to fixing old LFRs that used Personal Loot. For example Dragon Soul seems to have a really low chance of any Loot and you mostly just end up with the Goody Bags. I don't know if they fix will be to have it drop 5 or 6 Items like a Normal 25 Man Raid but I hope they address this again ready for Legion especially with people farming lots of Xmog for their Collections.

Quote Originally Posted by Rytingur View Post
    Yeah I know, except I wouldn't say fixed since I don't enjoy paladins enough to level them up to the point where i can run those raids so it's unlikely to happen. I just don't believe personal loot is relevant at all for legacy raids since there's almost never a raid going in there with the goal to get better gear
    I totally agree with you in that Personal Loot for legacy LFR makes no sense, and Im really hoping they change it at some point in the near future.. After all you get no benefit from it other than the xmog gear, make the pieces sell for 1g each if you think it could be too profitable but keep it Group Loot..

Anyway what I wanted to say was that if you don't like Pallys that much you can always just level one to 100 and ask for someone to carry you through LFR.. If you dont have any friends/family/guildies etc to ask to, try the Trade Chat, Im sure there will be someone kind enough to do you the favour And if al else fails offer gold lol
    Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    Because the random name generator might pump out Lortfanden, which sounds like a pretty generic fantasy Warrior name in English, until you realize it means "Shit Fuck" in Danish.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lotus Victorya View Post
    WoD is worse than leveling in Hellfire Peninsula in a PvP Server where your faction sucks.