Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Most people seem to agree with boosting. But there are similarities to botting, which most people disagree with. The core problem is that it degrades the game in its spirit. Also that you don't effect other people is just not true. You could argue that boosts in pvp are worse than bots in pve.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaj View Post
    I agree boosting is actually getting out of hand, but not the boosting announced in chat.

The fact is many guilds are starting to boost money via various websites, where buyers spend up to €1000 on getting boosted. It is this matter that Blizzard needs to address and stop.
    Why is it such a big problem. Personally i think you are an idiot if you spend that kind of money on a boost. Whats the point if it? Satisfaction, dont think so. Gear, will be replaced within a year.

But i can understand rhe sellers, if you have the skills always go for the most money.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiram View Post
    Rl money boosts have already won over blizzard since challenge modes in MoP. Blizzard is frail and weak - they cannot even figure how to stop it. And the companies behind the rl money trade get always bigger. In Russia especially it seems to have taken an even more grotesque course.

Just watch who dominates on trade chats nowadays - the normal players or the companies/boosters? And who doesn't even bother reporting anymore?
    You are dancing dangerously close to conspiracy theories here bro.

I very much doubt its as organized as you think it is. There are very few, if any companies still doing this. Its most likely single persons or very small groups boosting in CM's for real money.

Also there is no reason to report someone for selling a boost for gold in the game. Its not against the rules.

I see a few morons a week trying to sell(and this is the funny part) idiotic easy boosts for real money, and i instantly report them.

I very rarely see any serious people offering CM boosts for real money.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Janus996 View Post
    Why is it such a big problem. Personally i think you are an idiot if you spend that kind of money on a boost. Whats the point if it? Satisfaction, dont think so. Gear, will be replaced within a year.

But i can understand rhe sellers, if you have the skills always go for the most money.
    The reason people buy boosts in HFC, SoO and challenge modes are mounts, achievements and transmog gear. Things that last and are usually only available for a limited period.

People dont buy boosts for gear.

Edit:
    At least not for real money

IMO it's the same thing as the game token but handled by guilds instead of blizzard

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonixCD View Post
    IMO it's the same thing as the game token but handled by guilds instead of blizzard
    That simple fact makes it against the ToS.

Just because blizzard can do it, doesnt mean you can or should.

Blizzard also sells new expansion. That doesnt mean guilds should

its a nice healthy economy as far as Im concerned

Nope it ain't breaking the rules as long as it is all done ingame I.E no real money transaction etc.

I reported this guy month and a half ago. I provided screen shots, names, dates... no fucks given, he still does his thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Rezaldy View Post
    Every time I log in I see the trade chat filled with raid boost advertisements. Seems like guilds are like some sort of companies almost. Isn't this just a game? Shouldn't Blizzard just ban this whole "boosting" thing?
    Let me guess. You're mad because you can't afford them?

It's not exactly the guilds' fault that ppl are more willing to farm gold and then pay someone in order to boost them. If you wanna blame someone it should be the hundreds of players that prefer to get boosted instead of doing stuff properly.

Quote Originally Posted by Isheria View Post
    It's not exactly the guilds' fault that ppl are more willing to farm gold and then pay someone in order to boost them. If you wanna blame someone it should be the hundreds of players that prefer to get boosted instead of doing stuff properly.
    When garrisons have given me a Scrooge McDuck-esque vault of gold why should I bother finding 4 other people to suffer through CMs for when I could drop a measly portion of said gold and be done in 2 hours?

You are free to do whatever you want, if you wanna get boosted feel free to do so but i personally don't see any point playing a game where the only thing you do is farm currency and get boosted by others

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Isheria View Post
    You are free to do whatever you want, if you wanna get boosted feel free to do so but i personally don't see any point playing a game where the only thing you do is farm currency and get boosted by others
    That's not what boosts are used for. It's either to:
    -Gain access to higher content without punishment (ex: paying for a heroic Archi kill for achievement)
    -Reap rewards from a part of the game you don't like
    I think it's fine to pay for a boost if the boosted content in question is something you wouldn't be able to achieve/wouldn't want to run otherwise.
    Last edited by Lord Pebbleton; 2015-11-27 at 05:24 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't like the idea, but it helps sponsor our guild repairs. We're currently on Mythic Archimonde and the repair bill there reaches about 1.2k gold per night. That's like 25k gold per night on repairs for the guild.

So we are boosting Heroic Archimonde for up to 10 people once per week and they joyfully pay anywhere between 40 to 100k gold per boost. And there is no shortage of customers, we'd boost more per shot, but we found that after 8 guys it starts to become difficult.

Win-win for us really, even if it's all a bit rotten, but honestly at this point Heroic Archimonde is not the big deal he was when HFC opened, so who gives a damn really.

I think part of the problem that in between token and garrisons people have shitton of gold so something like 50k gold is a spare change by today's standards.
    Last edited by Gaidax; 2015-11-27 at 08:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rezaldy View Post
    Every time I log in I see the trade chat filled with raid boost advertisements. Seems like guilds are like some sort of companies almost. Isn't this just a game? Shouldn't Blizzard just ban this whole "boosting" thing?
    Welcome to vanilla. You are 11 years late.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

I don't personally like the idea of boosting, it's like playing with cheats on a singleplayer game but I also realise that boosting won't go anywhere - if anything, it will only grow.

If you are good at something, never do it for free.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram View Post
    The gold shows only ingame. As soon as they post skype or websites it's also rl money (options) and the money will just get traded after you have paid and are out of risk - doesn't make it better because blizzard doesn't care anymore if they need more than automatically detectors.
    Ok but if someone is using a 3rd party communication device like skype to arrange real money payments for carries in game how exactly are blizzard to know if all involved do not talk about it? Simply put unless you say Blizzard must have full access to your skype, bank accounts etc etc there is literally nothing they can do to prove foul play.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lmao, yeah, ban people for being good and using their talent to make a little gold within the game.
    Ryzen 9 5900X/Trident Z Neo 32GB 3600 CL16/AORUS 1080 Ti Xtreme/Crosshair VIII Hero Wi-Fi/Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240/Optane 900p 3D XPoint/EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2/Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL/Steelcase Leap/BenQ XL2411Z/Philips Fidelio X2HR/Noppoo Choc Mini (RIP Reckful)/Razer Viper Ultimate/QcK Heavy

Real money boosting is actually very active with several websites dedicated to selling those boosts. Some of the mythic boosts arent even made up of known guilds but people from those guilds that will pilot or drag you along for their alt account clears. Of course there is also many guilds that advertise gold runs but give you options for real money after you get on skype. These things have been going on in game's for 20 years and isnt going to stop anytime soon.
    I also dont see any way at all for game makers to stop real money boosting unless people are stupid enough to chat details in game.