Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirroth View Post
    I agree entirely. Not just compared to the Destro artifact, but the other class artifacts I looked at. The major traits all seem dependent on killing adds or dotting multiple targets. Now, it's true that their function and power level is more opaque than most, and maybe the initial trait will be spitting enough Tormented Souls that we're not short on things to get the killing blow on, but it still has me worried.

Only it's not just power level. The Afflic traits are critically short on style. Where's the Rain of Infernals and Doomfire? Maybe I'm selling them short because we already knew about Reap Soul. It's just, the one thing that honestly got me to sit up and say "oh yeah, need to get that" is the Healthstone improving trait.

Well, I guess I have to hope this is still an early draft, and wait to see what the actual Beta has to show.
    When it comes to the Aff Artifact talents and so many of them revolving around dieing enemies, one specifically stacking to 5... I presume it will be part of the gameplay to routinely reap these souls to keep the 5 stack up. Speaking of maintenance buffs in regards to Lifetap/Mana Tap, how many globals will be spent on these escaping souls? Do we actually have to cast dots and stuff on them to reap them? Click them? Drain life them?

Sounds like a lot of focusing on stuff that's not the encounter. I hope its streamlined a lot better than how I'm envisioning it.

I think the Affliction staff has a really cool fantasy behind it. You're basically going full grim reaper, sweet scythe included. It's not as bombastic as Destruction, but then... I think that's kinda the point.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulzar View Post
    When it comes to the Aff Artifact talents and so many of them revolving around dieing enemies, one specifically stacking to 5... I presume it will be part of the gameplay to routinely reap these souls to keep the 5 stack up. Speaking of maintenance buffs in regards to Lifetap/Mana Tap, how many globals will be spent on these escaping souls? Do we actually have to cast dots and stuff on them to reap them? Click them? Drain life them?
    Having now at least skimmed over all the artifacts, I'm really hoping/expecting the Afflic ones are an early draft. They're just plain boring. None of the minor traits do anything new or interesting, they're purely "do X% more damage" or "get X% more healing" effects. There's no new procs or visual effects or anything. Two of the major traits trigger off of kills, which I'm not sold on as an interesting mechanic either. It might fly if it counts anything we contribute to killing and not just targets we get the killing blow on, because otherwise we're going to need a lot of those Tormented Souls spawning and it'll be a target swapping hell.

So I'm really hoping this was a quick and dirty version so they could do the Blizzcon preview and not anything close to the final setup.
    Last edited by Kirroth; 2015-11-27 at 09:14 PM.

I'm here to reap souls and chew bubblegum.

And I'm all out of bubblegum.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Destro gets Drain Life again so Ember Tap is gone for good and that goddamn stupid gate spell is still in.

Seriously, do we still have to be balanced around a long set up, reticle-placed, tiny teleport with an enormous cooldown? Does it even serve a purpose anymore now that virtually all melee can teleport to a target? But there it is, necessitating that the entire class tool set be balanced around something that only can be used in arena.

The stubbornness of that bad idea is still infuriating three expansions later.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jackvii View Post
    Destro gets Drain Life again so Ember Tap is gone for good and that goddamn stupid gate spell is still in.

Seriously, do we still have to be balanced around a long set up, reticle-placed, tiny teleport with an enormous cooldown? Does it even serve a purpose anymore now that virtually all melee can teleport to a target? But there it is, necessitating that the entire class tool set be balanced around something that only can be used in arena.

The stubbornness of that bad idea is still infuriating three expansions later.
    I'm hoping Destro gets some on-the-move healing back during Beta. Especially with Rogues having a heal on a low CD, while Healthstone is still a piece of crap. There is also still no really reliable kiting spell in Destro, or instant nukes like we had in Cataclysm. And Demonic Gateway should just die a quick death. Biggest issue I see that we are again extremly low mobility and need a healer to do jack shit in PvP, while the melee just roflcopter around you when you play solo.

Right now as it stands, it looks like I'll play Destro or Demo for some Dungeons, but mostly focus on my Demon Hunter and Mage for PvP. Maybe toss in some Hunter somewhere to try out MM/SV. Maybe some Rogue as well.

Raids are kinda dead to me outside of cosmetics.

Affliction is looking a lot of fun with those new talents, I can only guess how destro will work with those portals. Considering it was a lot of portals that destroyed draenor wielding that power is making me *drool*

Deleted
    Souls of the Damn is really good make afflition to get loads of shards.

Quote Originally Posted by Xaragoth View Post
    I'm hoping Destro gets some on-the-move healing back during Beta. Especially with Rogues having a heal on a low CD, while Healthstone is still a piece of crap. There is also still no really reliable kiting spell in Destro, or instant nukes like we had in Cataclysm. And Demonic Gateway should just die a quick death. Biggest issue I see that we are again extremly low mobility and need a healer to do jack shit in PvP, while the melee just roflcopter around you when you play solo.

Right now as it stands, it looks like I'll play Destro or Demo for some Dungeons, but mostly focus on my Demon Hunter and Mage for PvP. Maybe toss in some Hunter somewhere to try out MM/SV. Maybe some Rogue as well.

Raids are kinda dead to me outside of cosmetics.
    pray that those time stuff portals are some kinda of mini DC and we can port around, also we dont need mobility spells we just need cc to kite the fuck out of those DH who has 10000000000000000000000 close gaps

It would be a misstep from blizzard to give the main filler of a spec to other specs tbh, I doubt they will do it, I mean Shadowbolt for demo, incinerate for destro, drain life for affli, no way they're giving affliction's filler to destro.

Let's just hope it's one of those incomplete place holders that blizzard said will be fixed once the updated talents/ artifact traits are released.

Per both the ability datamine and destro's artifact, all three specs have drain life once more. Affliction has a passive that significantly increases its damage, though, so it's not really completely mirrored.

Aside, I think it's kinda funny that everyone was angry that destro lost drain life in WoD but now we're getting angry that they have it again. :V
    Last edited by bio347; 2015-11-28 at 01:14 AM.

I wouldn't mind an artifact trait that replaced demonic gateway with fel flame.

Tearing Time and Space: You can now open up portals to other worlds and tear the entire planet of Azeroth apart

*crosses fingers*

wonder if the portal talent will be like an RNG placed port that allows us to move somewhere else in the local area? think the mage tower constructs...

Then again, its the initial destro talent so I would almost think its DPS based...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FraterN View Post
    Tearing Time and Space: You can now open up portals to other worlds and tear the entire planet of Azeroth apart

*crosses fingers*
    i would imagine that the portal needs to be clicked and then you get some sort of effect like +10% crit, mastery or haste or it could summon additional demons from the nether, there are a lot of possibilities.

Hey, my portal opened up right on top of that patch of fire. That's okay because I've got another one on the other side of the room.

PLEASE GOD NO. Rune of Power is the last spell we should be borrowing, let alone some kind of random version.

I'm envisioning more like the Mage tier bonus, where a portal opens and a guardian pops out

Deleted
    Something that would be really funny would be if is a phased zone you can port into and kill a mob for a buff, like a mini version of kilrogg's vision.
    This would never happen though, and would not be good for anything outside raiding

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Nah it is functional and it probably indeed spawns internals, but they will probably be pretty weaksauce, like 3 Internals and each does proximity AoE equal to current Rain of Fire and they die off the moment RoF ends.

That would make RoF pretty nice AoE, but it won't be Cataclysm there.
    Pretty realistic sentiment, but we all know it's going to be somewhat balanced. Unless that would trigger some major RoF cooldowns, I don't see it as something special. However, it's going to be a LOT OF FUN.

"Your spells can punch holes in walls of time and space, opening beneficial portals"
    We are officially the strongest in the universe.