Deleted

How to DPS with a Combat and Sub Rogue ?!

Hi everyone,

I'm starting HFC HM next week but with the DPS I do I can't even imagine enter the raid. I'm playing Rogue Combat/Sub with a full PVP set, 401ilvl PvE (431ilvl PVP) with some PvE pieces.

So, I've read a lot of guide : Icy-Veins, Noxxic, etc.. but everyone of them says different things, like for the stats priority. I've come with the fact that Haste is the best stat for Combat and MS for Sub. Here is what I'm doing in each spec :

Combat

Opening : Ambush - SnD - RS - SS to 5cb - Eviscerate - Marked for Death - Eviscerate
    Then I burst immediatly : Adrenaline Rush - Spam Eviscerate at 5cb while maintaining SnD and RS debuff
    After that my red buff is up so I use KS.

With that I can't go higher than 30k dps, after that comes the annoying part where I'm almost slacking because waiting for my energie to be refilled. In this part my DPS goes down to around 20k.

Sub

Opening : Garrot - Ambush - Ambush - SnD - BS to 5cb - Rupture - Marked for Death - Eviscerate
    After what I wait for my energie then use Shadow Reflection and Shadow Dance to spam Ambush and Eviscerate while maintaining SnD and Rupture.

The DPS is quit the same as Combat.

Of course I use Combat on boss with adds and Sub when no adds. Does the problems comes from my cycle or from my stuff ?

Hope that you can help me, thank you in advance.
    Last edited by mmoc318ce8c0b0; 2015-11-27 at 09:08 AM.

Deleted
    Hi Jinseih,

first you should read some guides like *.mmo-champion.com/threads/1857621-Rogue-PvE-Subtlety-Guide-for-6-2 or *.mmo-champion.com/threads/1867423-Rogue-PvE-Combat-Guide-for-6-2.

Both of your opening sequences are not optimal. For example in combat you don't use killing spree and so on

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    I concur with the post above.

Deleted
    Oh thank you for linking it to me. Someone told me there was a guide here but I couldn't find it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinseih View Post
    Oh thank you for linking it to me. Someone told me there was a guide here but I couldn't find it.
    Edit: Our guides used to be stickied but after a recent clean up, some have been lost due to a perceived lack of interest. I think it was more a case of "they didn't need adding to but were a good reference". Perhaps more posts like yours will encourage the mods to resticky them or put them in the "index and guides" thread - which doesn't have any current guides or current tier tips.
    Last edited by Riverr; 2015-11-30 at 12:16 AM.

Deleted
    That's exactly it, as I saw that they weren't linked in the "Index & Guides" thread I thought they're was no guide lol.

7+ Year Old Account
    What's your actual ilvl? Because if you're doing 30k dps at 401 ilvl you may be the best rogue that's ever rogued.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dasani View Post
    You are in the demon hunter forum, otherwise known as the 7.0 hype train. Why did you board the hype train if you don't wish to participate in hype train activities?

Combat and Sub are used for completely different fights and situations.

Sub you want to use Anticipation instead of MfD, and without any tier bonuses you're going to be missing a fair chunk of DPS potential. Until you get T18 4pc you need to manage your Shadow Dance + Vanish cooldowns to maximise Find Weakness uptime (search for a weakaura if you need it, and if you don't use WeakAuras, then get it), after that you use them slightly differently.

Combat you want to try to push as much DPS out of your CDs on the opener (especially if you have ring) as you can, without - this is important - compromising your CDs being up for add waves. Combat is very strong on most of the fights with constant adds (Hellfire Assault / Xhul'horac / Iskar mainly) if you can learn when the CDs come up and you can use an MfD macro (Rylix has one in his spreadsheet).

Combat is all about fights where damage on the adds is a high priority (welcome to HFC) whilst Sub is for any fight where there's either limited or no priority adds, or your raid has sufficient AE to blow the adds up without any extra help necessary.