Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Monk Artifact Weapon Trees - What do you think?

MMO-Champion has released the Artifact Weapon Calculator: http://beta.wowdb.com/artifact-calculator#qAAAAAAAA

What do you think about the Monk talents?

Mistweaver:

Holy sh*t, I love the new weapon talents!

Blessings of Yu'lon finally makes Revival a good (or better) OH-SHIT button. I think it's a good addition especially for very high raid damage. Right now it sounds like a better Tranquility and we know how awesome Tranquility is.

The Mists of Sheilun sounds great as well. HoTs are becoming our new main force of healing and a talent devoted to make our HoTs stronger is awesome. And I love the AoE healing addition to the talent.

Shaohao's Mists of Wisdom is another very nice talent. Another AoE-HoT with 2 ticks triggered by using our main heals sounds good. It even sounds better when we think of The Mists of Sheilun.

Celestial Breath sounds quite nice, too. Another passive triggered AoE (HoT?) heal.

Dancing Mists is AMAZING. Hopefully it's a smart heal but even if it's not it's amazing. Renewing Mist is maybe our strongest heal (when you think about it's additional effects) and to have a proc that applies it to more than one target at once is great.

Mists of Life is AMAZING as well. Life Cocoon with it's reduced CD and additional effects will be an amazing OH-SHIT single target button in Legion.

I really love Mistweaver's talent tree. For the first time I think Blizzard really spent time in developing the Monk class. All of those talents sound great and harmonize very well and right now it looks like we're becoming a better HoT-healer than Druids. I love it.

What do you think? Share your opinions with me / us - thanks!
    Last edited by Nyel; 2015-11-27 at 09:56 AM.

Deleted
    Loving the Yu'lon revival and many of the windwalker perks.

Deleted
    Windwalker looks good.

At this early stage Blizzard seems to be on the ball with all the class changes, I've read through most new abilities/weapon trees and every spec is getting a mini-overhaul.

Deleted
    [QUOTE=Nyel;37534517]MMO-Champion has released the Artifact Weapon Calculator: http://beta.wowdb.com/artifact-calculator#qAAAAAAAA

What do you think about the Monk talents?

Mistweaver:

Holy sh*t, I love the new weapon talents!

Blessings of Yu'lon finally makes Revival a good (or better) OH-SHIT button. I think it's a good addition especially for very high raid damage. Right now it sounds like a better Tranquility and we know how awesome Tranquility is.

Though gotta remember how the Tranquillity trait is as well. It's an amazing CD if not stronger than revival depending on how much % the HoT will tick.

Traits look really nice and great, a bit disappointed with the "movement" traits (for MW and Brm).
    Btw, does anyone know if we can level those traits several times? The notes say Rank 1 or Rank 3 but never both, do these traits scale? Eg. on Arcane Mage's Blink on top of the main site it says rank 5 "reduces cd of Blink by 12 sec" while in calc there is rank 3 "reduces cd of Blink by 8 sec" (beside the point that 12 sec reduction of cd on Blink would leave it severely OP with 3 sec cd).

Edit: Nvm the questions, the calc is up and most minor traits have 3 ranks which upgrade their power.
    Last edited by Pucek; 2015-11-27 at 10:33 AM.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Thunder Focus Tea can now be combined with a bit of milk and a few drops of vanilla extract to produce a lovely hot beverage for all seasons.

Fists of the Heavens' traits are very interesting to say the least.

Tornado Kick : this trait makes Serenity worth keeping as a talent as it removes the problem of Serenity being counter-productive to our new mastery.

Fists of the Wind : this makes Fists of Fury cost no chi, which is pretty remarkable. I don't think this will stay, honestly.

Good Karma : ToK healing you when you take damage while it's up? That makes an already great defensive even better.

Healing Winds : 25% heal when you Transcendence: Transfer over X amount of time, bit strange. Definitely useful in PvP, in PvE I could see us placing Transcendence beside the boss only to Transfer when we need to be healed. Not quite fond of the idea but we'll see how it plays out.

Transfer the Power : This seems interesting, no solid numbers for how much it buffs or how many times it stacks but in theory it could play out well.

Swift as the Wind : Chance to grant passive movement speed and extra lightning damage on our attacks. I like it.

Here come the fun ones.

Death Art : Touch of Death being reset when it kills something is absolutely crazy. This has the potential to put out extreme numbers in AoE fights.

Gale Burst : As if Touch of Death wasn't already strong having it's health requirement removed and being reset when it kills something, X% of all damage dealt while the debuff is on the target is added to Touch of Death's damage.... while numbers aren't set in stone this is still an extremely strong trait.

Quote Originally Posted by Chenohai View Post
    Here come the fun ones.

Death Art : Touch of Death being reset when it kills something is absolutely crazy. This has the potential to put out extreme numbers in AoE fights.

Gale Burst : As if Touch of Death wasn't already strong having it's health requirement removed and being reset when it kills something, X% of all damage dealt while the debuff is on the target is added to Touch of Death's damage.... while numbers aren't set in stone this is still an extremely strong trait.
    I think you're forgetting that Touch of Death has 8 sec timer now, so it shouldn't get too crazy, killing an add every 8 sec. Though those traits definitely make ToD more awesome.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Thunder Focus Tea can now be combined with a bit of milk and a few drops of vanilla extract to produce a lovely hot beverage for all seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Pucek View Post
    I think you're forgetting that Touch of Death has 8 sec timer now, so it shouldn't get too crazy, killing an add every 8 sec. Though those traits definitely make ToD more awesome.
    Yeah but I'm sure over time we will adjust to the 8 second timer and be able to pull it off fairly frequently and with the reset we could immediately apply it to something else, with health numbers (probably) around ~700k in Legion, that's 700k every 8 seconds. Pretty crazy.
    Last edited by Chenohai; 2015-11-27 at 11:51 AM.

What IS tornado kick, though?

Quote Originally Posted by Oranguto View Post
    What IS tornado kick, though?
    I'm imagining it's some variation of Hurricane Strike lol

There's nothing really interesting about MW traits as they don't add/change anything about the gameplay, just improve existing cooldowns and put out some extra random healing. WW on the other hand, i was afraid that the new mastery might hurt our ability to set up burst, but instead Transfer the Power, Gale Burst and Swift as Wind all work together to make it so much better. Although with Tornado Kick new mastery now makes even less sense to me, what abilities can we repeat, sck?

Deleted
    It's about NOT repeating abilities, it basically turns windwalker into a 2 button class, cause you can just spam bok like before without having to worry about TP/RSK/TEB.
    That ability alone takes the last bit of skill and excitement from the new mastery because it legit does not matter at all which button you press in which order, since you cant repeat any ability anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Yojbackwards View Post
    It's about NOT repeating abilities, it basically turns windwalker into a 2 button class, cause you can just spam bok like before without having to worry about TP/RSK/TEB.
    That ability alone takes the last bit of skill and excitement from the new mastery because it legit does not matter at all which button you press in which order, since you cant repeat any ability anyways.
    That was exactly my point.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm assuming the second 13% dodge has to be not final. 26% dodge from your artifact alone would be pretty ludicrous for WW PVP.

The basic WW trait is kinda lame. We'll have to see what the proc rate and actual damage look like but I'm not entirely impressed, compared to say, the Affliction warlock starter trait.

Would've liked to see something like Dashing Strike from Diablo III.

Good Karma seems weird. Super mixed feelings about the current design of Touch of Karma, where it will now fill the roles of a huge DPS button, as well as one of our stronger defensive cooldowns and now our personal healing cooldown.

We'll have to see the effects of Tornado Kick, and if it actually triggers Combo Strikes as a seperate ability to BoK. If this is the case, we're in luck. Otherwise when we reach higher energy regen levels we'll probably end up using RJW or SCK as a backup 1-chi dump to avoid breaking combo streaks. RJW in general feels like it might be a solid single target choice until you unlock Tornado Kick, since it tends to deal more damage than BOK and will count as a seperate chi burner. We're pretty much going to *HAVE* to have a second 1-chi burner ability if we're going to get Fists of Fury reduced to 0 chi through artifact perks, or combo strikes will just be impossible to keep going.

It really does seem like they're trying super hard to force in this wind/lightning theme to Windwalker, who previously didn't really have it-- and it seems weird to me that in the process they didn't actually do anything to make Crackling Jade Lightning any better, or Flying Serpent Kick. Considering the raw mobility monks look like they're going to have, it'd be hard to justify this but I'd like some sort of side-perk (possibly replacing the second 13% dodge) that makes Crackling Jade Lightning, say, build up a static charge on your target that is unleashed the next time you strike it in melee, and can be channeled while moving. Or something.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

Quote Originally Posted by Viridiancity View Post
    I'm assuming the second 13% dodge has to be not final. 26% dodge from your artifact alone would be pretty ludicrous for WW PVP.
    i agree, plus its a flat out boring talent for both pve and pvp

I wish one of them would become a dmg reduction talent 7-10-13, like other classes have, and the other one a talent that either allows you to transendence while cced (the icon is trans afterall) or makes it give you a sprint or something

either way, 13% dodge seems super weird for a dps class to have

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm quite happy of the Torpedo Kick trait. If it works with our mastery the way it seems, it's going to fix the problem I personally had with the mastery of not being able to dump our chi consecutively. It also seems like it'll make every second BoK ranged.

Also, another charge to Roll. We can basically have (in PvP) a maximum of 5 rolls if we also take the talent. Seems pretty insane lol.. Then again, Survival hunters get a trait which resets their Harpoon ability (charge on 15 sec CD) every time they Disengage and they can talent Disengage to have 2 charges... soo... yeah...

Quote Originally Posted by Chenohai View Post
    Fists of the Wind : this makes Fists of Fury cost no chi, which is pretty remarkable. I don't think this will stay, honestly.
    FoF is 3 chi right? So it won't be free, but will cost 1.
    I don't really see the ToD one as that crazy in raids - it's very hard to guarantee a kill when 15 other people are beating on the same mobs - especially now that it's not instant.
    Last edited by LoKSET; 2015-11-27 at 02:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Viridiancity View Post
    Given that it is literally just a copy of the other one, i'd say that is pretty much guaranteed.

PvP is gonna be so messed up this expansion
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by LoKSET View Post
    FoF is 3 chi right? So it won't be free, but will cost 1.
    I don't really see the ToD one as that crazy in raids - it's very hard to guarantee a kill when 15 other people are beating on the same mobs - especially now that it's not instant.
    A couple of the talents are a little buggy and aren't displaying values correctly, but one can assume that with 3 ranks in the talent tier, each rank would remove 1 chi cost, thus making it at 3/3 cost 0 chi.