Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Druid Artifact Weapon Trees - What do you think?

MMO-Champion has released the Artifact Weapon Calculator: http://beta.wowdb.com/artifact-calculator#tAAAAAAAAA

What do you think about the Druid talents?

Steaming pile of crap for Resto.

Old Efflorescence is back which is kind of cool but also a bit weird.

Having the old talent tree system back is kind of cool but also a bit weird. They moved away from that for a reason, why add it again? What's fun about having a +2/3/4% buff to something that you will eventually have as passive anyway?

Living Seed massive crit scaling really sucks. We already get huge crit scaling for our direct heals thanks to Living Seed and this talent will increase it even more. I'm afraid in combination with our new mastery that promotes stacking HoTs on a single target instead of spreading them over the raid (seriously, who had this absolutely ridiculous shitty idea for the Druid mastery? Get fired already!) the MASSIVE seeds this will nudge us even more into a single target / tank healing role. With the drawback that our seed only procs when the target is actually attacked, so it's not even every focus target we will be able to heal well but only the ones actively tanking stuff. This is conceptually stupid on so many levels.

Passive cast time reduction on Healing Touch? So this one will basically be our direct heal from now on and Regrowth will just be used for its HoT to trigger more mastery?

Tranquil Mind looks interesting.
    Dreamwalker seems to be more single target healing focus yet again. Seriously, Blizzard, stop that shit!

tl;dr: Druid healing will really suck in Legion. We will be pushed towards single target heals, we might even become primary tank healers with only mediocre raid healing support thanks to all the changes they are doing to us. I hate it.

Ironbark becoming 40% damage reduction cd with only 1 min cd well that's interesting.

15+ Year Old Account
    I like the look of the resto druid stuff, and remember, while it might "look" like the old style trees, you actually get everything on there, it is just paths to decide what you unlock in what order.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaVolti View Post
    Having the old talent tree system back is kind of cool but also a bit weird. They moved away from that for a reason, why add it again? What's fun about having a +2/3/4% buff to something that you will eventually have as passive anyway?
    I think this was meant to be a bit more like the old talent trees where you go through passive bonuses to get some good stuff. People wanted that back, but that's because people forgot how fucking boring that was.
    Rose-tinted glasses HOOOOOOH!

----

I'm not sure yet about the resto one.
    There are some good things.
    The +2/3/4 seconds on HoTs is nice (although a bit sour because they reduced the duration of Lifebloom, probably because of this trait).
    WG gets some boons so that it's a bit more effective with all the chain heal and CoH spammers around you. :>

A LOT of the traits seem to cater towards direct heals though.
    Swiftmend buffs
    Rejuvination buffs
    Living Seed buffs
    Healing Touch buffs

I wonder if they do this for us to be more all-round, because I kinda sorta like each healer having it's own niche. I don't want to be a paladin.
    On the other hand with the dreamwalker trait in mind, they might just want us to drop the rejuv blanketing for a bit more direct heals without losing out on too much HPS.

My major concern is that some of these traits seem semi-mandatory to have ASAP; but we might not see them until towards the end of Legion.
    Take the mobile tranq trait. We REALLY need it to keep up with other healers which get this for free (Uplift = instant; HTT = Fire and forget; Hymn has been made non-channeled as well). So unless our Tranq is quite a lot better than theirs, this seems like a classic and pointless "we need to differentiate the classes m'kay?"-move from blizz again.

Quote Originally Posted by Isheria View Post
    Ironbark becoming 40% damage reduction cd with only 1 min cd well that's interesting.
    Or Barkskin for Guardian Druids, 10 seconds cooldown and 12 (and you can increase this even further with traits) duration.

all 3 look cool (feral a bit underwhelming at the moment ;P)

Quote Originally Posted by MegaVolti View Post
    Because this system has a different purpose. Talents were always about customisation(or meant to be, anyway), while Artifacts are about character progression.

Most gear is little more than a fancy +throughput/health bonus, this is no different.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nythiz View Post
    The +2/3/4 seconds on HoTs is nice (although a bit sour because they reduced the duration of Lifebloom, probably because of this trait).
    Gief to Moonkin nao. Stupid 8s Sunfire...

Deleted
    Most minor and major traits look decent enough, I like the hot increase minor trait. There seems to be alot of healing touch decrease talents now aswell. We get one trait from weapon and then there is the talent. probably something we might use for challenge mode, where we probably focus more healing on tank than in raids.

Only talent that stood out for me:

Power of the Archdruid (Rank 1) - Wild Growth has a 0% chance to cause your next Rejuvenation or Regrowth to also apply to all allies within 8 yards of the target.

Seems rly strong if you go for soul of the forest build imo. With 2 charges of swiftmend, you could go swiftmend - wg - swiftmend reju/regrowth and if really heavy dmg you could extend it all with floruish. You would have to be stacked ofc, but would put emphasis on coordinated party and raid play with huge payoff.

Deleted
    Don't really get how the Rage of the Sleeper works but it sounds cool.

Hard to really form an opinion when we know they're incomplete and not necessarily accurate, but I still see nothing that addresses the lack of aoe for bears. Other than that, looks interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearshield View Post
    Hard to really form an opinion when we know they're incomplete and not necessarily accurate, but I still see nothing that addresses the lack of aoe for bears. Other than that, looks interesting.
    Well there are some changes. I think Trash alone is oke.. not the best but usually is enough. But a bit more AOE would really be comfortable.

Some AOE things are here:
    We can skill Brambles
    Trash now applies Lacerate which has some buffs and features (is this new?)
    We can combine Trash (and dot) with Galactic Guardian and Ion Canon
    Also Luna Beam
    Also I'm not sure if its a bug, but it shows that Sunfall is a base Talent
    Also same as above, but it looks like Hurricane now is a base Talent too and works like death and decay
    http://beta.wowdb.com/spells/42231-hurricane vs http://beta.wowdb.com/spells/106996-astral-storm

http://beta.wowdb.com/talent-calculator#Cv
    Last edited by Inukashi; 2015-11-27 at 10:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raikari View Post
    Well there are some changes. I think Trash alone is oke.. not the best but usually is enough. But a bit more AOE would really be comfortable.

Some AOE things are here:
    We can skill Brambles
    Trash now applies Lacerate which has some buffs and features (is this new?)
    We can combine Trash (and dot) with Galactic Guardian and Ion Canon
    Also Luna Beam
    Also I'm not sure if its a bug, but it shows that Sunfall is a base Talent
    Also same as above, but it looks like Hurricane now is a base Talent too and works like death and decay
    http://beta.wowdb.com/spells/42231-hurricane vs http://beta.wowdb.com/spells/106996-astral-storm

http://beta.wowdb.com/talent-calculator#Cv
    Brambles requires the mobs to already be hitting you to do anything
    Thrash is on a cd, yes the Lacerate part is new but is it to all targets or your primary?
    Galactic Guardian is single target
    Lunar Beam is on a 1 min cd
    Sunfall is single target
    Hurricane does not work in bear form

I think trash lacerate is to all targets
    Why should Galactic Guardian be Single Target? I mean Yeah. It hits one target, but if everyone is bleeding and gets a hit?

Sunfall is Aoe. Not Sunfire, I mean Sunfall, the Nature part of Starfall
    The Hurricane I saw in the beta database doesnt require casterform anymore.

Sunfall no longer exists. Thrash Lacerate replaces the old bleed debuff.

Hurricane you got the wrong version of, though i have no idea which one is the actual spell. AFAIK, it's going to be Resto only, though, for the sole purpose of giving them some AoE tool.

I got Sunfall and hurricane from the mmo champion talent preview for legion

I'm just saying it looks like they are coming back/changing but it can be a bug in the preview, too.

My hope dies last.. but tbh I like the slow playstyle of guardian. I have played ever other tank too and I like bear the most, even if he doesn't have fast and much aoe.

Deleted
    This Power of the Archdruid thing better not be RNG. Imagine a stack fight like Gorefiend and the difference between getting a free 19 Rejuvs (+ Flourish) and not getting a free 19 Rejuvs.

Quote Originally Posted by Lobosan View Post
    I think it's missing one, for starters. Unless Feral and Guardian have the exact same wep, which would be weird since they are completely different specs now.
    It is missing one-Feral is MIA atm.

Slow playstyle is 1 thing but just not being able to pull aoe threat if thrash is on cd is not fun. Warriors will have devastate thunder clap and other possible talents, pallies have aoe hammer of righteous, consecration, avenger shield bouncing, DK have blood boil death and decay probably more, monk has keg smash breath of fire probably still has keg throw aka dizzying haze. We have a 6 second cd thrash and a 1 min cd talent :/

Quote Originally Posted by Raikari View Post
    I got Sunfall and hurricane from the mmo champion talent preview for legion

I'm just saying it looks like they are coming back/changing but it can be a bug in the preview, too.

My hope dies last.. but tbh I like the slow playstyle of guardian. I have played ever other tank too and I like bear the most, even if he doesn't have fast and much aoe.
    Definitely a mistake in the preview. Sunfall would be Balance only anyway, and with the Legion changes there's no longer a point to it existing. Hurricane isn't going to be the 100y range version, though there's too many different ones and its hard to tell which one it is, but it's also been said that it is a Resto spell.

Keep in mind that these previews are just based on datamined alpha clients. They are bound to have inaccuracies and errors in them.