Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Unanilnomen View Post
    Something i found that might be worth noting in regards to the "Start" talent in the Demon Hunter artifact tree and other specs artifact trees and weapons.

For instance, for Felo'Melorn :http://legion.wowhead.com/item=128820/felomelorn

The weapon itself has the equip effect that matches the "Start" talent's tooltip.

Same goes for Aluneth: http://legion.wowhead.com/item=127857/aluneth
    Ebonchill: http://legion.wowhead.com/item=128862/ebonchill
    Light's Wrath: http://legion.wowhead.com/item=128868/lights-wrath
    Sheilun: http://legion.wowhead.com/item=12893...f-of-the-mists
    Scepter of Sargeras: http://legion.wowhead.com/item=12894...er-of-sargeras
    Deadwind Harvester: http://legion.wowhead.com/item=12894...wind-harvester

Havoc's doesn't match, however. Currently on the (obviously, Alpha, so not final) Havoc tree, we have Fury of the Illidari. on Verus itself however it's actually: "Demon's Bite has a chance to empower your next 0 Chaos Strikes, causing them to be guaranteed critical strikes and deal 0% of the damage dealt additionally over the next 6 sec."

Source: http://legion.wowhead.com/item=127829/verus

Color me intrigued either way. We'll see what it comes to in the final iteration, but i just mostly wanted to share my observation.
    Um ... Wow. That's much more awesome.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by pharix View Post
    does anybody know how many times Eye Beam hits?
    Hits nine times base. Not sure with talent.

10+ Year Old Account
    They all seem great, I'd probably go the path of going to the right. But unfortunately, there will always be a path that has the highest potential DPS and everyone will default towards that probably. Sad reality, hopefully that doesn't happen thought, we'll see.

was hoping for something like, "summon the flames of azzinoth", even though it's not really a demon hunter thing, more of a warglaive of azzinoth thing. Still it would be neat to see something similar to that.

or maybe we throw the glaives into the ground and they create a pool of fel fire that deals aoe damage to whoever stands in it. That would be neat I'd like to see stuff like that. More about our use of demonic/chaotic powers or our metamorphosis. Hopefully we'll see things like that later on.

Bloodsail Admiral Unkhrahuun the Atoned's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orloth View Post
    Um ... Wow. That's much more awesome.

- - - Updated - - -

Agreed. Though i wonder how it would play out with the Talent that basically turns Demon's Bite into an auto attack (if it were to make it live, obviously).

We'll see how it all pans out and which one of those two actually becomes the Start talent on the artifact.

Quote Originally Posted by Unanilnomen View Post
    Agreed. Though i wonder how it would play out with the Talent that basically turns Demon's Bite into an auto attack (if it were to make it live, obviously).

We'll see how it all pans out and which one of those two actually becomes the Start talent on the artifact.
    Hopefully it'll have a rppm chance roughly equal or greater then expected Demon's Bites per minute, and proc all the same affects. Hopefully.

turning an attack into auto-attack just seems odd to me O.o

All it does is make your spammy fury generator passive. You generate fury with auto attacks rather than spamming an attack.

It's terrible. Why would someone want to press less buttons on a spec that already looks like it won't have that many rotational buttons to press?

Hopefully that talent is replaced.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord of Outland View Post
    It's terrible. Why would someone want to press less buttons on a spec that already looks like it won't have that many rotational buttons to press?

Slootbag levelled to 100 and used that talent for a bit; it procs alot. I can see using it to save GCDs that you can then use on other abilities.
    Last edited by Hitmonchan; 2015-12-01 at 04:38 PM.

If the procs are good, i'm sure that I'll use it.

If you want to spend more time looking around and using your unrivaled mobility to put yourself to use all over the battlefield, it's a nice choice. Not for everyone, but it's cool that they're trying it out.
    Sodarien/Vemras

Wyrmrest Accord

For those of us who don't like having every GCD filled, it's a godsend.

No, I don't think it should be the best talent on the tier, but just having it there is pretty dang good.

10+ Year Old Account

Taking this talent feels like they'd be taking things down to a current Arms Warrior level, which would NOT be fun (IMO)... IF it were to go live like this. There's still, what, 14 other talents we haven't seen yet? Who knows what other potential rotational abilities could be added between now and then.

And has been stated by a couple people, not everyone is into the super spammy playstyle. I could see playstyles revolving around this talent coupled with Fel Mastery: http://legion.wowhead.com/spell=192939/fel-mastery to play that super agile fighter they've imagined the DH to be.

Fel Rush deals the same amount of damage as Demon's Bite (currently, not known if it'll remain that way, obviously) but as Fire damage, while Demon's Bite is physical. Fel Mastery would increase that to, what, 375% weapon damage as fire? I'm thinking that for funsies, and if mechanics in a fight would allow it, I could see:

Fel Rush > Vengeful Retreat > Fel Rush as an opener for some decent Fury (and just enough for an Eye Beam)

Then after that, if encounter mechanics provide you won't kill yourself doing it: every 25 seconds you could Vengeful Retreat into Fel Rush for some guaranteed Fury and still get some extra fury from Demon Blades, along with the extra shadow damage it procs (which, might i add, we still don't know exactly how much shadow damage it'll be or how it'll scale and how much Fury it'll generate when it procs, don't have time to watch Slootbag's stream, so if someone finds that out, AWESOME).

With enough haste i could imagine it could be a viable way to go IF one so chooses and prefers that playstyle. You can also still achieve this playstyle by taking Fel Mastery WITHOUT taking Demon Blades and instead take the "Prepared" talent that gives you 96 Fury over 6 seconds. That certainly wouldn't be a bad opener and would give you PLENTY of Fury to work through your rotation once you get back into melee while not removing any buttons to your heart's content.

But again, we'll see how all these incomplete pictures turn out down the road with further alpha/beta builds and when we see more talents and further iterations on the Artifact tree. As I posted earlier in this thread, there's a chance our initial "Start" talent affects Demon's Bite instead of the AoE we currently see on the Artifact calculator. We don't really know yet obviously, but hoping a talent get's removed because *you* don't like it, isn't a good reason to see it go. Obviously there's a couple of chill dudes here who aren't a fan of the spammy playstyle that comes with mashing Demon's Bite until you get enough Fury. Maybe these dudes, would be totally into the playstyles i mentioned above, lord knows, I just might be now that i've put more than an iota of thought into it.

Another thing to consider: Our Mastery looks to be one that has a chance to increase Fury gains (if it doesn't end up being +Chaos Damage and Run speed). I'm thinking: Go with high haste and decent Mastery: Metric Fucktons of passive Fury generation with Demon Blades. You probably COULD still achieve lot's of button mashing going that route, but as i've stated a few times here: we don't have an even remotely complete picture yet.

VERY excited to see what further alpha/Beta builds bring.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin-Sane View Post
    All it does is make your spammy fury generator passive. You generate fury with auto attacks rather than spamming an attack.
    As a warrior I can tell you that this ain't all that great.... Much smoother playing with a generator.

Quote Originally Posted by Quirin View Post
    They all seem great, I'd probably go the path of going to the right. But unfortunately, there will always be a path that has the highest potential DPS and everyone will default towards that probably. Sad reality, hopefully that doesn't happen thought, we'll see.
    I wouldn't say everyone, I chose utlity over dps anyday of the week.

10+ Year Old Account
    Interesting, Verus on the front page still shows the Demon Bite proc bonus, but the updated Artifact Talent calculator still shows Fury of the Illidari. Might have to poke a Dev sooner or later and see if it's intended to have both or if the Trait on Verus is just an outdated talent they're scrapping or something.

EDIT: Looks like the Survival weapon doesn't match up to it's Start trait either, color me intrigued.

EDIT2: Looks like there's actually several that don't match up, so maybe there's something else going on or it's just a symptom of Alpha shenanigans.
    Last edited by Unkhrahuun the Atoned; 2015-12-02 at 11:10 PM.

I think the equip is going to be different from the actual starting talent.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the equip is going to be different from the actual starting talent.
    I'd totally be down with that too, but there's some equip effects that match the Start traits and some that don't. We'll see I guess, already tweeted the devs about i.t

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, I think you're right there sir Lord of Outland. Looking over the newly datamined Artifact weapons, each weapon has a unique effect (or at least the ones that have one) that is different from the Start talent in the artifact tree.

Daddy like.

Though some of them still have matching Start talents and weapon passives. Gonna put that down as an "Alpha is Alpha".

NEW UPDATE:

Feast on the Souls reduces all CDs by 10 seconds.

That is a BEAST, considered how many times we saw it spawn in the gameplay videos we have seen. And that is WITHOUT the other artifact trait that gives us a chance that will probably be around 40% chance to get a soul fragment with the stuns from Chaos Nova. While in the world, those Metas are going to pop out so often it's gonna be almost crazy!

It's exactly what i hoped... Let's pray it stays!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Demon View Post
    NEW UPDATE:

Feast on the Souls reduces all CDs by 10 seconds.

That is a BEAST, considered how many times we saw it spawn in the gameplay videos we have seen. And that is WITHOUT the other artifact trait that gives us a chance that will probably be around 40% chance to get a soul fragment with the stuns from Chaos Nova. While in the world, those Metas are going to pop out so often it's gonna be almost crazy!

It's exactly what i hoped... Let's pray it stays!
    Oi, as someone who primarily plans on doing CM's in Legion, those frequent Meta's could come in handy! That coupled with the talent that resets all your cooldowns when popping Meta = Much sexy times in Metamorphosis.