Page 1 of 2
LastLast

How hard is Mythic BRF these days?

Just curious. Want to go in there with 720-730ilvl folk and try to get some mounts. Can we just, like zerg through mechanics?

10+ Year Old Account
    You'll have better chances waiting until early-mid fanservice. At this stage nobody is really doing BRF at all (unless your running with a premade group) I'm in a similar boat, I want the mythic lock tier and my boxes are shafting me week after week
    Wrath baby and proud of it

Deleted
    dunno about other bosses, bh is a joke though. you can kill him in 2 minutes easily now.

Quote Originally Posted by Insane Buttocks View Post
    Just curious. Want to go in there with 720-730ilvl folk and try to get some mounts. Can we just, like zerg through mechanics?
    You can zerg everything with that ilvl in BRF, with full raid the bosses will just melt. Probably have to care about some tactics if you have 15-16 people though.

Edit: Hanz and franz might get totally fucked up though, with several things happening at the same time due to insane dps. First time we did it with that high ilvl we almost wiped due to getting so many things at once.
    Last edited by Mellomania; 2015-11-28 at 09:59 PM.

Did a few bosses with my guild (also 720-730 people) this week. Had some hard time on Maidens, have to do mechanics there. Thogar also had a few wipes cause people were getting hit by the trains. The others were pretty much zerg.

Deleted
    With 20 mythic geared people like what we had when we did all the bosses instead of just blackhand the biggest issue was hans and franz because you do so much damage that he doesnt transition properly and it bugs out.

Yeah. It's a pretty big faceroll now. Bring as many high burst classes and watch the bosses drop in a min or two. As others have said the only bosses that will give you any trouble (and by trouble I mean you might have to do 1 or 2 mechanics) are Maidens/Thogar/Hanz. Everything else--including BH--is lol easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Mellomania View Post
    Edit: Hanz and franz might get totally fucked up though, with several things happening at the same time due to insane dps. First time we did it with that high ilvl we almost wiped due to getting so many things at once.
    The ring can screw you up if their health drops 20% at a time because I think it skips turning off one ability but does activate the next one.

So don't ring on the pull.

exactly as hard as it was before hfc. Its your gear that makes the difference. People had roughly 700 ilvl back when brf was current content. @720+ you're able to zerg down blackhand without much of an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by aGit View Post
    exactly as hard as it was before hfc. Its your gear that makes the difference. People had roughly 700 ilvl back when brf was current content. @720+ you're able to zerg down blackhand without much of an issue.
    Except it's also been nerfed by 20%.

My guild clears blackhand every week. No issues, mainly ignore mechanics and just burn the boss. Average ilvl of 730.

10+ Year Old Account
    not hard at all with all the new gear + upgrades
    ...Le Poète est semblable au prince des nuées
    Qui hante la tempête e se rit de l'archer;
    Exilé sul le sol au milieu des huées,
    Ses ailes de géant l'empêchent de marcher.

Charles Baudelaire

It got nerfed when HFC came out, you can completely crush it with ilvl700. At 720-730 you would kill blackhand in under 2 minutes, skipping all mechanics.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Deleted
    I went into a Blackhand mythic and didn't do any mistake after someone whispered me a couple of pointers after I haven't seen the fight at all before. Well, I did adjust a talent when someone pointed out I shouldn't be splitting damage to the vehicle NPC. Though I guess being a mythic raid, it won't be generally easy on all fights if the raid knows nothing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by djriff View Post
    My guild clears blackhand every week. No issues, mainly ignore mechanics and just burn the boss. Average ilvl of 730.

I suppose some you know the fights though. I suspect it's challenging for a raid that knows nothing about them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tobindax View Post
    I suppose some you know the fights though. I suspect it's challenging for a raid that knows nothing about them.
    A raid with 730+ ilvl won't need to know a lot in the way of mechanics on BH at least. Run around in a circle once in P1, soak a little fire in P2, don't kill the tank with accidental cleave in P2, and drag him to any edge in P3 and try not to hit multiple people with marks.

If no one has ever done mythic BH before then I'd expect to take some wipes to learn the little bits of mechanics you still do need, but I don't think it would be considered that challenging. The more under 730 your raid is, the more challenging it would become since you'd have to deal with more mechanics.

As it was never designed for the ring, it is laughably easy.

For BH, just save bloodlust and all cooldowns, including ring, for the second phase.

I agree with Hersheys. Push p2 fast on bh and its a joke.

10+ Year Old Account
    Does Mythic BH still drop the mount?
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    The main function of Mythic mode for most players is to act as a reminder that, compared to that 1%, they suck.

We did Blackhand a few months ago in ilvl 712 with a few rings in the raid and it was somewhat challenging still. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXQ8L0h5xTo

Did it again a week ago at ilvl 730 and blew through everything killing most bosses in 1-2 minutes. We'd all done the fights before though.

The only bosses you'll need to pay attention to mechanics on are Maidens and to some extent Blast Furnace. You'll still need to split into two groups for Gruul as well and just take 3ish slices each group. Maidens you'll still need to pay attention to bombs and have the tank and a warlock or someone in the corner to contain cyclones. Blast Furnace you still absolutely must have a priest of any kind to MC the security guard and take the shield off of the fire elemental, obviously bombs still need to be run as well. Everything else can be zerged and mechanics pretty much ignored. We found on Blackhand it was easiest to save all cds (and I mean all) for phase 2 and brute force it. Really easy though and you should be done with a full clear in a couple of hours. Have fun!