Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    Hm, seems like they renamed the weapons to Odyns Fury, which obviously makes sense because a lot of the talents are based on Odyn and all that. Think it's at all possible we get new models? Obviously blizz knows about the weapons being crap, people are speaking about it everywhere, and now they're renamed (this COULD mean absolutely nothing). Dragon like weapons don't match Odyn and his background. Anyone else notice this?

Quote Originally Posted by -Calith- View Post
    I disagree, I like the original with the bulky top and the ring.

TheMightyMadmartigin asked me to make that version because he wanted to see what it looked like. After I made it he asked me to post it, I didn't. He posted my original link so I took it down because it doesn't represent my opinion. I love the huge, intricate, unrealistic stuff in WoW, the artstyle is a big part of what makes the game great.
    Calith, my apologies for posting the image you sent me. I didn't realize you not posting the image was a reflection of your opinion on the original item. I waited a day before doing posting but I thought that others would like to see what it looked like. I was just impressed by how putting a more 'proper' point on the original gave it more of a 'sword' feel to me. With the base image you used, there is plenty of intricacies there without the lack of sword 'point'.

Granted the sword isn't crafted by a warrior, at least not the hero we will play, but you would think a master of arms would recognize the deficiencies of a sword without a point. I think ultimately, its all about preference. I and others prefer a somewhat more true to function sword, versus the base you used. Maybe thats a stretch, given all of the absurdly unrealistic weapons in the wow universe.

As far as the 'bull ring' is concerned. With your redone image, I thought having the point and edge version with the ring was ok. I don't think that point and edge detracts at all. The base model, would still be intricate, huge, and unrealistic but I think having that would point and edge would appease some of the masses. Maybe not. I can say this with certainty though, if the art developers were to put that slight change to the first and second models seen in the video. I'd have no issues using either of those two throughout the expansion. I'd never use the DK reject version, the Cup-o-Flowing Magma Key version, nor the Oversized Lightning adorned tuning fork. Just my opinion though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    Hm, seems like they renamed the weapons to Odyns Fury, which obviously makes sense because a lot of the talents are based on Odyn and all that. Think it's at all possible we get new models? Obviously blizz knows about the weapons being crap, people are speaking about it everywhere, and now they're renamed (this COULD mean absolutely nothing). Dragon like weapons don't match Odyn and his background. Anyone else notice this?
    i think it's only new name for one of our swords and changing from one artifact to two, but where is the second sword? :-) because frost DK got Icebringer and Frostreaper.
    anyway fury swords should be: "epicus" , "maximus" and arms: "the grandfather"

Quote Originally Posted by -Calith- View Post
    I disagree, I like the original with the bulky top and the ring.

TheMightyMadmartigin asked me to make that version because he wanted to see what it looked like. After I made it he asked me to post it, I didn't. He posted my original link so I took it down because it doesn't represent my opinion. I love the huge, intricate, unrealistic stuff in WoW, the artstyle is a big part of what makes the game great.
    Agree to disagree.

Im still dumbfounded they didnt give us it, really one of the only things about legion that upsets me so far because I always main a warrior

In my imagination i always found a sword fitting for arms and Broxigar's Axe would be for fury. And because of the vines and stuff, 1 would grow in your offhand as well

If there is 1 weapon the burning legion still fears it's Broxigar's axe
    Fate whispers to the warrior, "You cannot withstand the storm".
    And the warrior whispers back, "I am the storm."
    Noctus <Darkblade>

Video showing the Fury Artifact questline.

Obvious SPOILER WARNING is obvious.

15+ Year Old Account
    The one problem I have with Broxx's axe is that it was just a weapon made by cenarius, with little effort. It was perfectly balanced and very resistant et all, BUT it was just so that the orc wouldn't be left bare handed in combat. Hell, from what the book said, Cenarius could pretty much mass produce the thing.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMightyMadmartigin View Post
    Well, I think that you've missed my point Neth. My point of contention isn't around transmog 'in general'. I like the capabilities, and I'm glad it's there. What I don't like is the stigma we should stop bringing up our concerns about what our artifacts look like because we can just transmog. If we as a community collectively feel that there is a deficiency in our artifacts when compared to others. Shouldn't that be voiced? Is it appropriate that the entirety of the population is fed the well you can transmog it if you don't like it? I'm not a designer, granted, but I would think if a large population went into an legion immediately wanting to transmog an artifact I would think of that as a missed opportunity.

You've stated your intention is to immediately transmog the destro 'stuff of legend' artifact. But its some what ironic that you say that you want it to be something meaningful, and the more folks have that model it becomes less meaningful. I'd venture to say, that the items that weapons are transmogged into, are much more common. I see a whole lot of Gorehowls, Ashkandis, and Sulfuras running around. People want their item to mean something, but they also want it to look amazing. If the community largely feels that stacking Stormkar next to Ashbringer leaves them feeling meh. Transmog shouldn't be the answer. Its a bandaid. My two cents.
    Alright two things

1) You are purposefully dancing around my point and also putting words in my mouth (I did not say I would immediately transmog the staff, nor did I state I want something meaningful, that is a lie)
    2) Your response(s) are pompous and belittling. You are not talking to me like a fellow player, or even an fellow human; you are talking down to someone you think is below you. I assure you, I am not.

Two of the Warlock weapons are items that have nearly no lore behind them, and they are just as legendary (because Blizzard has explicitly labeled them this) as the staff. None of this matters though, because again, they change skins, can transmog them into whatever you want and they are still the same thing, lore or otherwise.

Whether it's brox's axe or a sword from some other lore, none of this matters, the stats and abilities would still be the same, and that same item can and will be transmogged. Would your argument hold any merit if it was an axe....but not Brox's? What if it was Gorehowl? It doesn't matter, none of the artifacts really matter.
    If you are progressing through content just to obtain gear, you are doing it wrong. You, in fact, are doing it exactly backwards.
    You are the leader of the Black Harvest, go harvest some squirrels and crack some more nuts. Sir.

Quote Originally Posted by Nethlord View Post
    Alright two things

1) You are purposefully dancing around my point and also putting words in my mouth (I did not say I would immediately transmog the staff, nor did I state I want something meaningful, that is a lie)
    2) Your response(s) are pompous and belittling. You are not talking to me like a fellow player, or even an fellow human; you are talking down to someone you think is below you. I assure you, I am not.

Two of the Warlock weapons are items that have nearly no lore behind them, and they are just as legendary (because Blizzard has explicitly labeled them this) as the staff. None of this matters though, because again, they change skins, can transmog them into whatever you want and they are still the same thing, lore or otherwise.

Whether it's brox's axe or a sword from some other lore, none of this matters, the stats and abilities would still be the same, and that same item can and will be transmogged. Would your argument hold any merit if it was an axe....but not Brox's? What if it was Gorehowl? It doesn't matter, none of the artifacts really matter.

Well, it seems I've unintentionally offended you, for that I'm sorry. My response wasn't at all condescending and I don't really get how you see it as pompous, but everyone is entitled to express themselves. That said, it seems you've again missed my point. Incoming wall of text.

I'm not purposefully dancing around anything. I understand that you feel as though 'none of this matters', 'It doesn't matter, none of the artifacts really matter'. I'd argue that there is a large enough contingent of players that feel as though their opinion of the appearance of these items does in fact matter. Perhaps I'm wrong, but evidence shows otherwise. You stated my original comment didn't speak to the deficiencies in the 'transmog' system. But I'm of the opinion for the purpose of these artifacts that we shouldn't have to go in feeling that a transmog is necessary because their don't look well by comparison to others. Now, this is purely opinion. I get that, but it seems like its one shared by at least a few out there.

Honestly Neth, I don't at all look down at anyone. I don't feel you, or anyone else is below me and I'm truthfully surprised that you took that away from my response to your initial comment. I didn't criticize you, make any derogatory comments about you or even your comment. What I did though is speculate that you missed the point that I was attempting to convey. Which coincidently seems to have occurred yet again. Perhaps I myself had read more into what you originally typed :

Quote Originally Posted by Nethlord View Post
    I can tell you right now, I play a warlock, and I play destro, and the staff we are getting is something out of Legend...and i'll transmog it to look like something I like, no matter what that legend is. All you want is the feeling that the item you have...is to be something meaningful. It won't be because, literally thousands of people will have it.
    So, yeah I guess I added the word immediately there, and maybe misinterpreted your intentions. I however didn't fabricate you comment about you stating that folks want it to be meaningful, but it wouldn't. Its right there, quoted from your earlier comment.

TLR Version. My point is this, saying transmog is a solution to poorly (opinion) designed, items that by blizz's own admission should look and feel beyond epic, is a cop out. Sure, if you don't like something having that as a means to slap a skin on there that satisfies you is great. I get that. But these are supposed to be as beautifully designed as anything we've seen, or at least thats my interpretation. Sure, in the grand scheme of what's going on in the world, do tiny pixels on a screen matter? No, but for the purpose of these posts, and the shared concerns of some that the given designs aren't as good by comparison, then yeah it matters.

y'all got it all wrong. We should get the axe of cenarius, but only to pull a Brox - then thunder punch Sargeras in the throat and get Gorshalach or at least Gorribal.

Then all the other puny classes can cower before my Mortal Strike. Execute will literally be like a Death Star blowing up Alderaan.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

Quote Originally Posted by willtron View Post
    y'all got it all wrong. We should get the axe of cenarius, but only to pull a Brox - then thunder punch Sargeras in the throat and get Gorshalach or at least Gorribal.

Then all the other puny classes can cower before my Mortal Strike. Execute will literally be like a Death Star blowing up Alderaan.
    If only, right!

Quote Originally Posted by willtron View Post

I can see the artifact equip effect now... "On use: Decimate everything around you, instantly ending all life within 100 yards. Cheater"

Deleted
    It is most probably far-far-faaaaaaar too late in the dev cycle right now to change the artifacts. Voicework, whole areas, mini-boss like encounters, the model/alternate designs and thematic abilities themselves.. considering how the Ashbringer intro experience looks largely finished already, you'd expect they have sunk a fair bit of dosh into the un-implemented warrior ones already.

Judging by how they are dredging deep and reaching far with Legion however (Loregasm after a certain class order intro vid), Brox's axe will certainly not be forgotten I wager. It'll show up sometime in the future.. when needed again.

Arms with a sword makes sense. It's fury that should have gotten axes.

Either way, I hope you guys realize from Wod that or amount of bitching will change anything here.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15