Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Kymei View Post
    My 980's ACX cooler is very good, the car runs cool always under 60c and the fan while it is loud, does not whine, there is no annoying coil screetching noise like my 670s cooler.
    The coil whine is not the fan anyway. Coil whine is not really related to cooling at all. It is the electromagnetic coil that is on your GPU heating up. As it heats up, the wire stretches out and vibrates creating the high-pitched noise known as coil whine. It is literally a coil whining, nothing to do with the cooler.

7+ Year Old Account
    Just wanted to give you all a little update, I got home from my trip, popped the new strix card into my tower, and lo: not a peep can be heard. This fan is in aother league compared to the turbo's fan. I'll throw in another update when I have a chance to test it in game.

You bought the wrong card up front.

You want the ASUS Strix 970 GTX, which it looks like you just picked up. Run the setting that are recommended through GeForce Experience. I run two of them in SLI at 144Hz and get about 130-160 FPS on average.

Quote Originally Posted by Ifritx View Post
    Hey there all, I always hate to start new threads like this but I'm getting frustrated here. I just purchased an ASUS TURBO-GTX970-OC-4GD5 on amazon and I have to say so far I'm very disappointed. The fan is obnoxiously loud (honestly I suspect the fan is faulty, it's by far the loudest one in my computer and much more noticeable than my old gpu's fan), wow is not running as well as I had hoped it would (running recommended settings of high and unable to hold a steady frame rate, I was hoping to be running something steady on ultra), and I find applications crashing now the computer 'hanging'. I've tried installing the drivers from both the disc it came with and NVIDIA's website, and neither seemed to help (the applications aren't crashing anymore so I guess it helped a little). Anybody think they might be able to help? Also, what kind of settings should I be able to run WoW on with my setup? Below are my system specs:

• CPU: Intel Core i7-4790k CPU @ 4.00GHz
    • Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO Z97 ATX DDR3 2600 LGA 1150
    • RAM: 2 x CORSAIR XMS3 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10600) Desktop Memory Model CMX8GX3M2A1333C9
    • Graphics Card: ASUS Graphics Cards TURBO-GTX970-OC-4GD5
    • Power Supply: Corsair HX750i High Performance Power Supply ATX12V/EPS12V 750 CP-9020072-NA
    • Operating System: Windows 10 64 bit education edition
    • Resolution: 1920x1080
    • WoW Settings: Recommended (High, windowed fullscreen, AA: none, shadows: high, view distance: high, etc...)

I'm thinking maybe my RAM is outdated? Maybe I got a faulty gpu? Maybe I'm expecting too much from a gtx970? Oh, and I'm running a samsung SSD as my hard drive if that makes any difference.

Any help anyone can offer would be greatly appreciated. If I can provide any more info please let me know.
    I run everything on ultra Except shadow at high, with a 6950 and a 2500k @ 4.6GHz on a H80 corsair with *GB of corsair vengeance at 1600MHz......running 45-70fps. Something is definitely wrong.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gordon View Post
    Should have gone with a Gigabyte Gaming G1, the fan on that card is really quiet. But as someone mentioned maybe it is indeed faulty.

I'm running a setup with an 2500K (without overclocking) and ultra settings are no problem. Even AA to max except for the advanced AA settings. Those are killing my framerate, too.
    So I'm guessing something's wrong. You should definitely be able to run everything on ultra. Try doing a clean driver installation (uninstallling the older drivers) and always use the most recent drivers directly supplied by nVidia. Also, try updating everything else (motherboard/chipset drivers etc.).

If that doesn't help it could be a hardware issue. Faulty GPU fan, so maybe faulty GPU? One possibility.
    For the 2500k defense it still holds up in benchmark all 2500k benchmark pretty much the same number the newest i5 put out at same clock speed (4 GHz and above they all excel pretty much equally nowaday) It is the sad truth that CPU are stagnant now....

I built a system for a m8 2 months ago same cpu 16gb ram and 2x 970 g1 gaming they are cool and quiet. Performence in wow sux even with all settings maxed AA and everyting at 1440p wow dosent even bring cpu usage above 50% its so poorly optimized. My system is alot better and i got so pissed the other day kazzak 40+ people and i dropped tp 20 fps f-ing bullshit i can run bf4 fallout 4 battlefront at 4k with 60fps+ but not warcraft fucking bullshit. But 970 g1 gaming or strix are both quite and they overclock real good

Quote Originally Posted by Wildpantz View Post
    I built a system for a m8 2 months ago same cpu 16gb ram and 2x 970 g1 gaming they are cool and quiet. Performence in wow sux even with all settings maxed AA and everyting at 1440p wow dosent even bring cpu usage above 50% its so poorly optimized. My system is alot better and i got so pissed the other day kazzak 40+ people and i dropped tp 20 fps f-ing bullshit i can run bf4 fallout 4 battlefront at 4k with 60fps+ but not warcraft fucking bullshit. But 970 g1 gaming or strix are both quite and they overclock real good
    MMO's are CPU game. FPS is GPU generaly. My system is 25-40 FPS in kazzak or w/e with 50+ addons.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

If your system is unstable and is crashing then you might have a faulty card.

I have 2x GTX 970 in my computer and I cant even hear them.
    But I have the Asus GTX 970 Strix. I havent heard them even once, they have very good temps. Love em!