Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

What is hunter going to do in PvP without Spirit Bond?

I can't find it anywhere in the spell lists. Would suck for it to be removed, it's pretty much the thing that makes hunter duel viable in my opinion. =/ Is there some form of compensation? Am I doomsdaying for no reason?

Clarification: I meant duels specifically, as Spirit Bond isn't very useful in Arena/RBG.
    Last edited by mmoc7f25e17046; 2015-12-05 at 10:49 PM. Reason: Clarification

You are doomsdaying for no reason. Spirit Bond is OP is hell, that passive healing is just absurd - be happy you had it for the time you did. PvP is certainly not designed around Duels, either.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Orionid View Post
    You are doomsdaying for no reason. Spirit Bond is OP is hell, that passive healing is just absurd - be happy you had it for the time you did. PvP is certainly not designed around Duels, either.
    Because hunter is so strong right now in Arena/RBG PvP? :-)

Anyway we have to see what happens with LEGION - from what I saw they cut a lot of mobility/self-heal and I think if they do that for all DPS it is a step into the right direction! DPS aren't meant to self sustain them for a long time.

Deleted
    Probably, just kinda confusing how we are supposed to kite without traps, for which BM still didnt get any compensation etc. I guess time will show, but with some of the extra mobility melees get I don't understand wihy they don't cut frozen ammo and give another tool back. Slows on auto attacks are frustrating to play against and super boring to use, not to mention OP as hell with rogue's burst of speed gone, too.

Deleted
    As far as we know now Hunters will get >Exhileration<.
    Heals the hunter for 50% in MM and the other two get 30% and a 100% pet heal.

We will need to see how everything plays out in the end, it's pretty much impossible to make a conclusion from incomplete theoretics.

Quote Originally Posted by Chitika View Post
    As far as we know now Hunters will get >Exhileration<.
    Heals the hunter for 50% in MM and the other two get 30% and a 100% pet heal.

We will need to see how everything plays out in the end, it's pretty much impossible to make a conclusion from incomplete theoretics.
    You also have an Artifact talent that heals you for 30% whenever you use Aspect of the Turtle(new name for Deterrence).

Quote Originally Posted by Vanuqa View Post
    Because hunter is so strong right now in Arena/RBG PvP? :-)
    Learn2Play Jungle

Spirit Bond is OP is hell

Most arena hunters use Iron Hawk over Spirit Bond....at least in 2s and 3s with a healer.
    And all hunters are getting exhilaration baseline. Not a great replacement, its something.

Deleted
    Learn2Play Jungle
    Found the Challenger :-)

Check the facts (Class/Spec representation) on arenamate.net and you will see what I am talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Vholu View Post
    I can't find it anywhere in the spell lists. Would suck for it to be removed, it's pretty much the thing that makes hunter duel viable in my opinion. =/ Is there some form of compensation? Am I doomsdaying for no reason?
    yes you are. you don't know how the class or how any class will play.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by threadz View Post
    yes you are. you don't know how the class or how any class will play.
    This. Everybody going dogshit in these forums and the beta has not even started yet Chill out people and let us see what they will come up with. As long as they nerf every DPS self sustainability (and they are) then it is a good change for PvP.

Deleted
    Most people take Iron Hawk anyway, at least in arenas. In RBGs, it seems that the only thing we do well, defending, will be harder, cause no traps for BM/MM, no pet for MM, no range for Surv, which means less cc, MM and SV not viable for defending. I wonder if we'll actually get something interesting to do in RBGs...

Deleted
    Yeah I calmed down again. I get very "emotional" with my dwarf

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vholu View Post
    Yeah I calmed down again. I get very "emotional" with my dwarf
    Just drink a good cold Frosty - Brewfest 2004 - 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

My worry with the loss of Spirit Bond is a pure quality of life and soloing aspect. Doing random dailies, farming, soloing content...Spirit Bond was a great thing to have. For raiding and PvP it was never really used so I'm confused why people say it was OP? It's not like hunter's spirit bond was that great compared with Feral/Moonkin healing, rogue heal ticks, second wind for warriors, DK heals...list goes on for basically every class that I can think of.

Quote Originally Posted by icehacka View Post
    My worry with the loss of Spirit Bond is a pure quality of life and soloing aspect. Doing random dailies, farming, soloing content...Spirit Bond was a great thing to have. For raiding and PvP it was never really used so I'm confused why people say it was OP? It's not like hunter's spirit bond was that great compared with Feral/Moonkin healing, rogue heal ticks, second wind for warriors, DK heals...list goes on for basically every class that I can think of.
    Agree with this guy, not having a passive or active self heal sucks. Its nice being able to play double dps in 2s at least or not be totally reliant on a healer or random bgs - its not really important for "serious" pvp but its a nice to have.

Its not like spirit bond healed for that much anyways.

Don't worry, you'll still be the only class in the game that doesn't have a single mechanical weakness, I'm sure you'll be fine somehow.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    Don't worry, you'll still be the only class in the game that doesn't have a single mechanical weakness, I'm sure you'll be fine somehow.
    Found another challenger! Oh my so many people arguing about pvp balance without facts it is hilarious!

QQ the huntard rekt me QQ not fair 1vs1 QQ

Quote Originally Posted by Zaenux View Post
    Hunters are going to be just fine.
    That is what they said before the Beta for WoD. Then they broke Hunters, gutted the spells that were going to be in there and made Barrage a single target option "to provide depth to play". They admitted that they stuffed up and went this route as a band aid fix for a whole expansion. Hunters have been terrible for the whole expansion, MoP was suppose to be where they fixed hunters and their scaling issues. Then it was WoD now it's Legion. Probably going to fuck us over again. Hunters will not be fine. Just hope we do not go to the bad old days pre MoP where Hunters couldn't even get into Arenas because they were so terrible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro