Deleted

Thumbs up Did Blizzard actually fullfill the wishes of this person, after some tweets?

People recently datamined the Artifact Weapon color for the new expansion, and it was the same as the heirloom item color. They just released their latest build and this happened. Did Blizzard actually listen to this?

This is historical.

15+ Year Old Account
    He is right though.

We already have:
    Grey
    White
    Green
    Blue
    Purple
    Orange
    Light Gold

so what other colour would actually make sense or look good?
    Also I'm sure if you spend enough time combing through twitter each colour has been asked for by someone.
    "Oh, you know what? You could bitch about anything couldn't you?" - Leonard L. Church

Old artifacts like the Twin Blades of Azzinoth were red.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

It's not in response to that thing. "Artifact" quality items were originally listed as red on the original WoW site (before the battle.net integration).

Red being the artifact color was a thing a long time ago. I don't know all the details but i think it was changed to the color heirlooms use, then heirlooms became a thing. Makes sense to go back to red, though. Doubt this guy's twitter spamming had anything to do with it.

7+ Year Old Account
    He's not the only one, I too believed they should be red. It was something that was floating around ever since the idea came to be.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you remember Vanilla, Red was always the color for Artifacts, but they didn't exist yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    I do not have enough hands to apply enough palms to my face.

Couple years late to making that claim
    Quote Originally Posted by Kekekz View Post
    Everyone hated BC, everyone hated Wrath, everyone hated Cata and everyone will hate MoP. MoP will become the new worst expansion and Al'akir or BoT will become the new "last good raid" or something stupid like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelliak View Post
    You're now blocked. Told you I was done with you. You want to pick fights over minute details as if this is the fucking presidential debate on a gaming forum.
    Enjoy.

It's "historical"?

Artifacts existed FOR A LONG TIME AS A CLASSIFICATION and it has always been red....

the problem has been there has only ever been on item ever red in the database i believe and it was a non player one at that.

and the only time a classification was added was for heirlooms, and that turned out to be gold, this also caused confusion in WotLK as Frostmourne was added to the game as a artifact and it was gold

Blizzard has a list or something like this a long time ago i think in vanilla wow maybe it was TBC, but i remember people asking "what are artifacts?"
    Artifact Red
    Legendary Orange
    Epic Purple
    Sup. Blue
    uncommon Green
    common White
    trash Gray

i think it might of been even on the AH at one point

BASICALLY..... blizzard finally found out what they could use their red label for......
    * it was always speculated they would be used for weapons of lore characters, but that never held up, but it did kind of with weapons like frostmourne, and now doomhammer and ashbringer*

and most of the artifacts have ties to good lore in wow, with a handful being totally new, yet still exciting.
    Last edited by Arthas242; 2015-12-03 at 02:49 AM.