Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    Of course, but he potential is there, while trade with the US has been the same for a long time. I should have phrased it differently, though.

And there is a lot of bias going on. The US has been doing the same as Putin's russia, and nobody sanctions them. So...
    Europe hates to put sanctions on russia like the pest but putin bound their hands.

Can't help.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    If Russia and Turkey want to go to war, just let them. Turkey is not worth WWIII over something they started.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    If Russia and Turkey want to go to war, just let them. Turkey is not worth WWIII over something they started.
    Poland says hi.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Daerio View Post
    Poland says hi.
    Last russian plane poland shot down?

10+ Year Old Account
    Poland says hi.
    What does Poland have to do with this?

Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    What does Poland have to do with this?
    If you're going to talk about WW3, at least know some background on how the last one played out?

If you're going to talk about WW3, at least know some background on how the last one played out?
    I got what you meant - and consider it in poor taste, btw - but I think people were just looking for recent events in polish history.

What he meant was that poland was accused of attacking german soldiers (which they staged themselves), which gave germany a reason to invade poland, a moment that is considered the outbreak of WW2.

Considering how Erdogan has changed the country, you could argue that the Turkey now is radically different to the point where their goals are in conflict with NATO. Allowing somebody as corrupt as Erdogan to manipulate NATO in this manner is insanity.
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalium View Post
    North Atlantic... I agree Turkey should GTFO... but the US? Seems like a pretty major player in the comings and goings of the North Atlantic.
    Not to mention NATO does a lot more for us, just by us being in it, than it would for us without us being in it (in fact, it would do nothing).

People who say the US should leave NATO are like the people who say the US should leave the UN. The fact that it gets nothing done and doesn't work in our favor all the time is precisely the reason we're in it. We don't want it to get things done. It getting things done would negatively impact our national and international interests. So we stay in it to ensure that it doesn't get anything done, and when it does, it's things that either won't affect us, or we can gain by them. The rest of the world is in it for the exact same reason: to keep it from doing things that are against its interests. Shit, Russia should join NATO for no other reason than to throw its dick around and keep NATO from acting against its interests.

Oh, on topic, conspiracy bullshit aside, Turkey has no business being in NATO, but it's still in a strategically important location that lets us basically shove our dicks in Russia's face....so until that changes, they stay.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Yeah, because that 'invasion' was planned in only 7 days. If Europe boosted it's military budget everytime the US goes on another adventure in the middle east we'd be bankrupt. But as long as US interests are served it doesn't matter.

Russia has never invaded the crimea, nor eastern ukraine. It openly supports the rebels there, just as the US has in countless times, rebels representing a russian population that suffered under ukrainian rule. What Russia is doing is basically the same thing that the turkish regime is doing with the turkmenian (is that right?) tribes in northern Syria. Condem one, but the other is okay? As long as it serves US interests, it is.

While the vote to rejoin the crimea was sketchy, most of Crimeas' inhabitants are russians still. Their number has been declining since 1989, but still, by international law they have the right to decide wether or not they want to remain with the Ukraine or not. Crimea also used to be russian territory until Chrushtchew (I know I mispelled that) simply gave it to the ukraine, much to the dislike of it's population.

And I hope you know your own gouvernment good enough that they will find good reasons to do whatever they want anyway, or just create them. Same as with russia, if the US kept to themselves, many conflicts in the world could be avoided. I'm not saying Putin is doing the right thing - he's just doing the same thing the US has been for almost 50 years - securing it's interests no matter what.

Still better than China, though.

- - - Updated - - -

Of course, but he potential is there, while trade with the US has been the same for a long time. I should have phrased it differently, though.

And there is a lot of bias going on. The US has been doing the same as Putin's russia, and nobody sanctions them. So...
    The US accounts for over half of NATO's standing army and the US doesn't give a shit about the UN and has on more then 1 occasion told them to go fuck themselves

The US hasn't acquired any new land in over 68 years so in that regard the US hasn't been doing the same as putins russia, the US hasn't once in the last 68+ years rolled into Mexico or Canada and said you know what? this is ours now and those troops over there? they aren't US troops we don't know who they are, we don't know who shot down that airliner...you know why? because the US has access to ports that don't freeze in the winter...

Out of all NATO countries aside from the US, I believe the UK is 1 of the only countries that spends 2% of its GDP on defense which is a NATO "requirement", there was a poll a while back asking EU NATO countries if another NATO country was attacked should your country help the country which was attacked and most people said "no"...another question was if your country was attacked, should the US help? most people said "yes"

NATO was created because of russia and Ukraine was a perfect demonstration of why it was created...NATO pretty much sold itself there

Your comment about the US keeping to themselves is pretty funny because when the US has tried to do that in the past a couple little world wars broke out in Europe which killed nearly 100,000,000 people which the US was eventually dragged into...but now NATO and MAD exist and everything has been fine for many decades
    Last edited by tylenol; 2015-12-01 at 01:29 AM.

If all you're going to do these days is literally post the news, the least you could do is get it from reputable sources without clickbait titles ...

10+ Year Old Account
    Still no idea what you're trying to get at.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Have a look at this General's background

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Center...ecurity_Policy

oh here's another.
    http://www.westernjournalism.com/lis...nous-activity/

Basically Sputnik/RT/ Russia State Media got one interview with a fringe US general who has been retired since 1993 who works for a conspiracy theory-promoting think tank. So in other words, another day at the office for RT.

Really anyone could work for those clowns. Their job would be to find THAT ONE GUY who says whatever would be in Russia's interests.
    And I always chuckle whenever conservatives and freedom-lovers of the US retort that "the US military would never attack US citizens or their homeland." Look at this clown, and he was a general.
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    There is a problem, but I know just banning guns will fix the problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    I got what you meant - and consider it in poor taste, btw - but I think people were just looking for recent events in polish history.

What he meant was that poland was accused of attacking german soldiers (which they staged themselves), which gave germany a reason to invade poland, a moment that is considered the outbreak of WW2.
    So far nothing seems to suggest Russia did actually fake it, any claims from Turkey they did?
    ISIS is more important now anyway.