Keyboard Turner
    7+ Year Old Account

Exclamation Wow randomly freezing and crashing or Disconnects

Hi guys I been reading Mmo champion for years for all my wow updates but first time posting and I need help because wow technical forums are not able to help me, hopefully someone here can

Ok so I have a custom PC i made my self about 4 years ago almost. I never had a issue with the game until last major patch (6.2) i believe and since then my game randomly freezes if i click into a different window on my second screen and then game stops responding and lately I been getting disconnected... sometimes as soon as i Log on wow i am disconnected sometimes randomly when i am playing the game. i could be sitting in my garrison and in a raid or dungeon.

I have deleted the wow game completely and reinstalled Everything all over after running the wow repair thing. i have also deleted all my old mods and installed totally different mods and Ui's i have even gone no mods at all thinking it could be from a addon that is out of date. i do not have any other issues with any other games or programs on my system just on wow.. I have a good system and a great vid card thats more then enough for it I thought maybe it was too much and have turned down the settings and all and nothing has helped.

All my drivers from the vid card to the bios are up to date.

below is the info on what I have currently in my system

Processor: AMD 8 core 8350 black edition
    Samgsung 250 gb SSD as my main drive and a 1 Tb for the second drive
    Vid Card: Sapphire Radeon R9 290 4gb Gddr5 dual dvi-d/hdmi/dp tri-x oc version pci express vid card
    16 gb ram
    Windows 10
    For the mother board i can let you know if needed once i am at home since i am currently at work.

Please if anyone here can shed some light and let me know what it going on here i would appreciate it.

From all the things I have read on wow technical forums it seems a lot of people are having this issue and its something on blizzards side... I am just tired of disconnecting or having my game randomly freeze

You are running Windows 10 I see. Did you have the problem before upgrading to 10? When you upgraded to 10 did you just upgrade or did you do a clean install?

Keyboard Turner
    7+ Year Old Account
    I did not have a problem before windows 10 or even after. I have had windows 10 for a while now and it was a upgrade from windows 8.1 this problem started like 2 maybe 3 months ago after the patch that was done. I had a diff vid card before but my currently vid card has been in my system since march 2015 and i never had a issue or anything installing new card into system. I have even rolled back drivers and done all of that also thinking maybe it was just a bad driver update

Not sure if you actually have a problem, I also get some random dc's when alt tabbing to my desktop and so do some of my guildies since the last patch, could be related to win 10 but still did not happen in win 10 earlier, reminds me of the flightpath dc issue that took blizz years to fix.

Keyboard Turner
    7+ Year Old Account
    Yeah from what i have discovered from all the research i have done it seems to be a issue that is on blizzards side it just sucks to have to close my game over and over and start it again.. I am the tank for my guild so as a tank when I get disconnected it sucks badly.... sometimes I am able to come back in on time and keep tanking but if not i come back to all them dead bodies of guildies... as much as i enjoy that and laugh it gets old after a little while lol