Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

Shipyard hotfixes Nov 30

Holy shit, shipyard may actually become playable now

Please note, the following Shipyard changes are still in testing.
    Naval Missions

Rare naval missions should now appear more frequently.
    Increasing the chance of success on a naval mission will now also decrease the chance a ship will be destroyed on failure. If the mission success chance is at or above 90%, no ships will be lost on the mission.
    Naval blockade missions now have a shorter duration of 30 minutes (down from 4 hours), reduced Oil cost to 50 (down from 100), and increased the amount of time before a naval blockade returns to 7 days (up from 5 days).

Ships and Crews

Increased success chance bonus on missions provided by a Human Crew by 50%.
    Increased success chance bonus on missions provided by a Pandaren Crew by 33% and the bonus will now apply to Missions that are 12 hours or longer (was 18 hours or longer).
    Significantly increased the effectiveness and bonuses provided by Naval Equipment items by 100%.

I can't believe this took them 6 months to implement. Especially that no destruction at >90% success pleases me. There's nothing more demoralizing than losing 2 epic ships on a 94% failed mission.

This should be at patch release. I can't even count how many fucking ships I lost despine never sending them to lower than 90% missions. How many Garrison resources wasted to rebuild...
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

I was in the final steps of developing a code that will find the most optimized fleet setup. And these changes will most likely allow to counter every mission with 100% chance, while allowing you to still have a few non-human/undead crews. Does anyone see if the changes are live yet?

Great changes! Especially the rare missions... fuck me those are rare...

Quote Originally Posted by l33t View Post
    This should be at patch release. I can't even count how many fucking ships I lost despine never sending them to lower than 90% missions. How many Garrison resources wasted to rebuild...
    You are supposed to lose ships from time to time.

It does suck when you're ~90% and still lose them though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

WAyyyyy too late on these changes. Shipyards have crushed any care I have for them at 6.2 launch and I can't say these excite me at all. Definitely the low point of an otherwise decent patch.

10+ Year Old Account
    What does "Hotfix" + "Still in testing" mean, exactly?
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Great changes! Especially the rare missions... fuck me those are rare...

You are supposed to lose ships from time to time.

It does suck when you're ~90% and still lose them though.
    Ye the lose ship thing was pretty much a 50/50 roll on a failed mission. I run 11 shipyards and because of this I didn't really cared about crew or counter compositions, I just sent these ships onto anything, knowing that they will blow up eventually. On some days I lost up to 10 ships (across whole account). Rebuilding ship costs much less than cherrypicking counters and since these missions are difficult to 100% them all, I just carried on doing that.

Now I might actually care and buy these ghostly spyglasses for 1k GR to cap out high gold missions (cursed crews). If I know that they won't blow up above 90% success rate, this would be a much better investment.

Maybe I'll actually see the mount mission someday now.

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

I have been missing one heirloom mission, its all I need to get 100% of the Shipyard achievements....maybe now I can finally finish it!

10+ Year Old Account
    5/6 rare here... And NOW they choose to buff them?
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

hey man be happy you still benefit. I can't wait for this to go live.

15+ Year Old Account
    Better late than never I guess. They took their sweet time though...

Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    What does "Hotfix" + "Still in testing" mean, exactly?
    It means that they are testing the changes on live servers, and may or may not further tune these changes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PuppetShowJustice View Post
    My thoughts exactly.

Ive read somewhere you have to clear the lower left corner of the SY naval map consistently since the rare missions only spawn there

that true ?

Finally. Got admiral achievement last month and I still have not seen the mount mission again ( got it first week, sunk both ships )

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PuppetShowJustice View Post
    which mount?

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Life-Binder View Post
    Ive read somewhere you have to clear the lower left corner of the SY naval map consistently since the rare missions only spawn there

that true ?
    Basically this:

Lower left is mount mission, top right is loom missions.

Don't worry about top left or bottom right.
    Nothing noteworthy spawns there.
    Unless you're after gold too.

Wowhead has a spawn map available as well.

http://www.wowhead.com/missions=2.40
    You can look up all the missions there & see where they spawn, and then you can decide what you want to do.

10+ Year Old Account
    94%? I lost 4 ships on 97% and 98% missions.