Issues trying to get Windows 8 -> 10

I have a old-ish laptop (ASUS G55VW) which came with Windows 8 which I am trying to get Windows 10 on but the button that is meant to appear on the taskbar to get the upgrade isn't there. I've Googled the issue and done a number of supposed fixes; reformatting the computer, using a cmd file to force it to appear, etc. and have had no luck so far.

The only thing I haven't been able to do is installing all available updates to my current Windows 8. All the "critical" updates installed no problem but there are still 44 or so optional updates which whenever I try to install I am met with a "Failure configuring windows updates. reverting changes. do not turn off computer" which sticks around for an hour or so before reverting back and not installing those updates. I've tried installing on about 10 separate occasions to no avail.

Does anyone have an idea of how to fix this?

Try installing the updates in pairs few at a time. After all updates are installed you should get the app for windows 10.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can download the updater at MS's website without waiting for the update. Or simply download the ISO and run the executable inside windows 8.

I have the same Issue.

Use the media creation tool. Should let you do the windows 10 upgrade and will download the correct version then update.

https://mega.nz/#!SgI3XYLS!QN3ejHChN...AZ3l22JtyAc0k0

Herald of the Titans Pterodactylus's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Artorius View Post
    You can download the updater at MS's website without waiting for the update. Or simply download the ISO and run the executable inside windows 8.
    This is what I did for my old computer that came with win 7. Worked fine, but I have a memory leak that I can't quite nail down...yet.
    “You know, it really doesn’t matter what the media write as long as you’ve got a young, and beautiful, piece of ass." - President Donald Trump

Deleted
    Stupid question probably, are you running 8 or 8.1?

Download the most recent ISO (Build 1511), install 10 without a key, enter key under system, receive digital entitlement.

Profit?

I literally did this last night on a system i'm building for streaming only.