Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Legendary Ring Proposal

I'm proposing that Legendary Rings are now upgrade-able by valor for 3 item levels per 250 valor, and have the Archimonde Kill for Crystalized Fel still in place. Progression is so far over that it won't matter. The reasoning for not having legendary rings upgrade-able is they wanted people to stay interested in the game and a reason to log in and kill Archimonde. This is actually the opposite of what is happening. People are discouraged to play (especially alts) because people are so far behind on ring upgrades that they are handicapped.

TLDR: Change Legendary Ring to be upgraded by valor (3 item levels per 250 valor).

Discuss

"i didn't raid every week and now i'm behind on gear"

isn't this the same for everyone?

it's an rpg i dunno why people keep wanting to skip to the end then say there's nothing to do.

It has nothing to do about not raiding for a week, it has to do with alts. Everyone's main is fully upgraded at this point if you did Archimonde every week. This is specifically for alt catch up. It's also dumb for people that are forced into main swapping for their guild and then just have to suck for 20 weeks because your ring is behind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Except you won't suck for 20 weeks. You don't need a fully upgraded ring to be competitive - and in most raiding guilds (not counting the super hardcore ones) it doesn't really matter what ilvl your ring is.

And besides if you are being "forced" into main changing there should be some understanding that your ring will obviously be lower than others. We've had a few people swap in my guild (Holy to Ret Paladin, Brew Monk to Mage and a couple of others) and someone had even been running with a 715 ring until they could get the final tomes. It worked out fine.
    I don't understand why people make a massive deal out of it.. If you have time to upgrade every ring on every char you own, all the more power to ya, if you don't.. Too bad.
    I have my main with a 780 healing ring and a 735 dps ring. And then my druid on a 750 dps ring but no second ring.. At this point I only prioritize my healing ring until it's 795 and from there we will see how much I can be bothered to do.

Now whilst I agree that the current system is flawed changing it to upgrade through Valor is not a better idea.
    Last edited by DanThePaladin; 2015-12-02 at 09:00 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    In an elevator, in the bottomless pit......that only goes down...
    Quote Originally Posted by Incendioo View Post
    I'm proposing that Legendary Rings are now upgrade-able by valor for 3 item levels per 250 valor, and have the Archimonde Kill for Crystalized Fel still in place. Progression is so far over that it won't matter. The reasoning for not having legendary rings upgrade-able is they wanted people to stay interested in the game and a reason to log in and kill Archimonde. This is actually the opposite of what is happening. People are discouraged to play (especially alts) because people are so far behind on ring upgrades that they are handicapped.

TLDR: Change Legendary Ring to be upgraded by valor (3 item levels per 250 valor).

Discuss
    I'm not sure i am understanding you here. Do you want each stage of the ring to be upgradeable or just the last stage? If you want each stage...wouldn't that be a little pointless to farm valor for each ring stage just to keep upgrading it? Especially when the idea is to progress the quests and get the finished product...wouldn't your way just encourage people to stay at their current level longer if they could get a few extra levels out of it without completing it?

I may be in the minority, but i have 2 characters that have the legendary rings with an alt nearly finished with a 3rd. I also have a DK collecting the runes in BRF, so not too far off either. I don't see any need to upgrade the rings through valor at least not until you get the final stage of it, but even then it's a bit of overkill with the Archie upgrades available.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    All ducks can now drop items.

15+ Year Old Account
    Run dungeons over and over or raid over and over, the outcome is still the same. Your bored to fin death of doing the same shit over and over.

God this would be a great change, it would just serve as a catchup mechanic.

My main's ring just hit 795 this week, but it feels horrible not being able to play my other specs nearly as effectively (even my other DPS spec), simply because its ring is 60 ilvls lower. Not to mention all of my alts that are insanely behind in terms of upgrades.

I don't exactly feel handicapped because my alt doesn't have the near max ring my main has. You just received another 10 ilvls on every single piece get over it content is easy.

7+ Year Old Account
    My dps ring is at 41% dmg increase already :< bleh

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Danzel View Post
    Except you won't suck for 20 weeks. You don't need a fully upgraded ring to be competitive - and in most raiding guilds (not counting the super hardcore ones) it doesn't really matter what ilvl your ring is.

And besides if you are being quote on quote "forced" into main changing there should be some understanding that your ring will obviously be lower than others. We've had a few people swap in my guild (Holy to Ret Paladin, Brew Monk to Mage and a couple of others) and someone had even been running with a 715 ring until they could get the final tomes. It worked out fine.
    I don't understand why people make a massive deal out of it.. If you have time to upgrade every ring on every char you own, all the more power to ya, if you don't.. Too bad.
    I have my main with a 780 healing ring and a 735 dps ring. And then my druid on a 750 dps ring but no second ring.. At this point I only prioritize my healing ring until it's 795 and from there we will see how much I can be bothered to do.

Now whilst I agree that the current system is flawed changing it to upgrade through Valor is not a better idea.
    I agree with all of your points. Another thing to consider is that 99% of players aren't raiding at the level where a slightly upgraded ring matters.

Also, you would say quote unquote, not quote on quote. And since you put quotation marks around the word anyway, saying quote unquote is redundant.

I'm ok with this idea. Perhaps not now but after the new years. Sure progression is over, but the closer to pre-release it is the less significant any upgrades would be. Also after the new years means any un-upgraded gear you have would surely be upgraded (serving the purpose of the mechanic) and you can throw your 5k valor onto a ring for a 60 ilvl increase. I guess this idea is quite beneficial to those who have OCD and wants 795 rings on ALL their toons before 7.0.
    Not driving your car to keep the miles off is like not fucking your girlfriend to keep her fresh for the next guy

i half expected to come in here and see a machinima of Khadgar proposing to the player.

Deleted
    Perhaps. The legendaries and achievements that require no skill, only grind are the two worst features of wow. I would be very happy if they were both removed from the game completely.

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Don't understand why it's not an upgrade for both specs. I didn't focus on the ring at the start of Hellfire, got it a week or so ago, and would like to upgrade both DPS and Tank, in case I am asked to Tank, having previously been one of the Tanks for my Guild. Seems dumb that I will be spending around another 38 Weeks to upgrade both DPS and Tank rings. It even sounds ridiculous saying it now, it's almost 9/10 months!?

On Topic: Not sure I agree with upgrading with Valor tbh, just make it so all Rings are upgraded with a Crystalized Fel as to not punish those who play OS in Raids. Only way I can think of it being relatively okay is a limited amount of Valor Upgrades a week, e.g. 1500 Valor per Upgrade or a Weekly Quest for an Extra Crystalized Fel.
    Last edited by Dristereau; 2015-12-02 at 04:33 AM.
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

The ring upgrades are pretty minimal, I'm one away from having mine maxed (damn auchindoun glitch). Having any base form of the ring should be fine. The entire point of the weekly drop was to keep people running it, and clearly that's working, no need to make it easier to do, especially when people who got it as early as possible are only now completely upgraded.

Honestly, you should just be happy you can actually have a legendary item on your alts.

Yes, the catch up sucks, but that's the reward for playing the game weekly.

Quote Originally Posted by Bjorsen View Post
    The ring upgrades are pretty minimal.
    The difference between a maxed ring and a 735 ring is huge, especially for burst-heavy specs. Going from 735 -> 795 increases the percentage on the item from 25% to 43.7%. A maxed ring is worth 32.16% more burst damage every 2 minutes (for comparison: the base ring is worth a 56.25% increase, a maxed ring is worth a 106.5% increase). That's not even including the raw stats that you gain, which is about 200 to a primary and 250 split between two secondaries. That's valued at about 4000-5000 dps (depending on stat weights), on its own.

Yes, if you're looking it on a week-by-week basis, it's not too huge. 3 ilvls won't make or break you. But, you're not competing with people who are only one week ahead of you if you have a fresh ring. You're competing with people with legendary rings 60 ilvls higher than yours, which gives them a massive advantage. Adding a catchup, especially for getting other rings up to the same ilvl as your main one (possibly limit valor upgrades to the number of crystallized fel you've earned on that character - essentially halving the upgrade process), would be a big boon to the whole system.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Incendioo View Post
    Legendary ring proposal
    Am I the only one who checked this thread expecting to read some lovely emotional engagement/wedding plans involving a legendary ring theme?

Deleted
    If I were to make a change to it, I would choose one more rewarding for offspecs.

It would be along these lines:

Crystallized Fel can now drop more than once per week. Every time you kill Archimonde you are rewarded with a Crystallized Fel, stacks up to 20. A legendary ring can only be upgraded by Crystallized Fel once per week up to a total of 795.

This way you could keep your OS ring up-to-date by using a second Crystallized Fel on it. Its not a change that I necessarily need as I rarely play my OS. But it would be a nice QoL change.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thewallofsleep View Post
    Also, you would say quote unquote, not quote on quote. And since you put quotation marks around the word anyway, saying quote unquote is redundant.
    Yeah, posting whilst half asleep is probably not the best idea I've ever had xD