Jade Empire now free on Origin "On the House"

https://www.origin.com/en-us/store/b...pecial-edition

If you're a fan of Bioware RPGs, check this baby out. Jade Empire is a martial-arts themed RPG, set in fantasy China. It came out a little after KOTOR, and it shows, as the engine and gameplay are quite similar to that series. Combat is a bit more actiony, it's real time and you can dodge roll and miss your attacks. It starts off pretty slow and clunky but once you level up and get more moves it works better. You get to choose different styles to focus on, and then there's a school that has you doing transformations.

Dialogue is almost exactly the same gameplay-wise as KOTOR--do quests, check in with your group and chat everyone up to gain affection and advance storylines. It even has a similar alignment system (there are some hilariously "evulz" baby-kicking moments if you go the dark side). There is one school/technique that a "good" guy can't learn, and vice-versa. There are also some romance options for both male and female, including same-sex for both (90% sure on this, it's been awhile).

The thing that makes it a good game is, like many Bioware games, the story and companions. A couple of them are bland, but once you get the henpecked husband dude on your team...ahaha, good memories.

So yeah, this is basically "Kung-fu KOTOR". It's not quite as epic (then again what is?), but it's a fun romp in a different world. To this day I still wish they'd made a sequel (they were thinking about it, but it never got to production). Definitely worth checking out if you like RPGs.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really liked Jade Empire back in the day.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    I do not have enough hands to apply enough palms to my face.

For anyone who hasn't played it, GET IT. I would put it almost in the same league as KOTOR 1 and 2.

I haven't played it in years but hopefully the PC port is good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow. Jade Empire is the only Bioware RPG I haven't played yet. I've been resistant to try it because I am not all that interested in its oriental setting and eastern philosophies. But now that it is free and I do not have any other RPG titles to play until Torment: Tides of Numenera comes out, I might give it a try.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

All I remember from the game is I really enjoyed it.

Thanks for the heads up.

I guess its EA ways of saying sorry for how empty battlefront is, giving us a free slightly revised version of bioware best RPG lol. Ill take it its been a while and i dont have my old xbox anymore.

Not the best Bioware RPG, but it's definitely very good, and I'd say the plot twist actually rivals that of KotOR 1. ^^ I've replayed it this year and the graphics are really dated, gameplay is still pretty solid, though some interfaces are extremely clunky, but it was a console game originally.
    Last edited by Airlick; 2015-12-02 at 09:07 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.