Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nakazanie View Post
    BIS may be too strong of a word, but yes, Pawn should give you the best gear according to your personal weights. Remember to reinput yourself everytime you get a couple upgrades.

Both were buffed, but Claw fell a bit behind now
    You said mark of the ancient priestess was buffed where can I find this?

Quote Originally Posted by aysah View Post
    So I remember back at Blizzcon there was some discussion about changing the amount of value each secondary stat was going to give so that people weren't usuing 865 gear over 885 gear simply because the secondaries are better on the 865 piece. I don't see any of this in the 7.1.5 patch notes though.

I ask because I am also wondering if this spreadsheet is going to require a major update after 7.1.5 hits or whether it will basically still be 100% relevant minus a few tweaks (and therefore even if Geodew is unable to make changes for awhile, the results can still be used).
    Geodew updated his spreadsheet for the latest 7.1.5 patch. Here is a temp link:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...srs/edit#gid=0

The old speadsheet will be replaced by this once the patch drops later.

Quote Originally Posted by Oka555 View Post
    You said mark of the ancient priestess was buffed where can I find this?
    In the official PTR notes. It now scales off of our intellect, at 400%, instead of a static amount that would easily fall behind as the raid continues gearing up. The 1k Crit/Haste that Claw will have in 7.1.5 isn't enough to make up for the raw healing that Ancient Priestess brings.

Quote Originally Posted by Slyner View Post
    Following the AMR, I get 33% crit, 9% haste, 8% versa and a mountain of mastery 219%. Using the spreadsheet and the items I had in the bag, I got 26% crit, 20% haste, 7% versa and 215% mastery.

Please correct me if I am wrong, the status priority is crit> versa> haste> mastery, so crit should not be the biggest value in my build? Consider the enormous difficulty of stacking versatilty

In short analysis and in everyone's opinion, is AMR reliable? Or is it more reliable to follow the Geodew worksheet?
    I can't give you a personal answer because I don't know how you input your stats, but assuming you did everything correctly, and you're looking at the right column, even though there's a stat priority "crit>vers>..." as you said, that doesn't mean that you should have 200% crit/1% haste, etc. Once you reach a high enough point, every other stat can provide a better benefit. That's why we call them 'weights'. Apart from that, stats are changing coming the patch and the spreadsheet is changing accordingly, so try redoing the process tomorrow.
    -Spakoinyi/Nakazanie-

Quote Originally Posted by Nakazanie View Post
    I can't give you a personal answer because I don't know how you input your stats, but assuming you did everything correctly, and you're looking at the right column, even though there's a stat priority "crit>vers>..." as you said, that doesn't mean that you should have 200% crit/1% haste, etc. Once you reach a high enough point, every other stat can provide a better benefit. That's why we call them 'weights'. Apart from that, stats are changing coming the patch and the spreadsheet is changing accordingly, so try redoing the process tomorrow.
    Yes, I followed correctly. I put the status values ​​according to my gear without buffs. And I used the right column as the base, and the PAWN string used "MW RAID".

I understand that it should not have 200% crit, but where can I see what percentage is no longer advantage in my gear?

Those weights presented in the right column, can be applied in the AMR?

It is so strange the notes that the AMR does in the build, horrible trinkets. And even if you apply the values ​​in the spreadsheet, the AMR gear is ridiculous

I'm afraid that is a problem you'll have to discuss with the creators
    -Spakoinyi/Nakazanie-

@Slyner It looks like the weights in that spreadsheet are normalized to some degree. You'll want to fix that, here's why:

Trinkets with procs can't be ranked with stat weights. So when you run a 'gearing strategy' on AMR (aka stat weights), we also simulate every single trinket and item with a proc, over various iLevels. We then bundle those results in with the stat weight report and rank all procs directly from simulations. And all stats get ranked from weights.

For that to work, the weights need to be in the right magnitude, when compared to the trinkets. If Crit normally has a weight of 10, a trinket with 500 Int might rank the same as a trinket with a damage proc. But if you drop the weight of Crit to 1, then it will look like it is 1/10th as strong as the trinket with the proc.

To run custom stat weights, here's a picture tutorial. Hang on for about another hour or two and we'll have MW 7.1.5 ready in the simulator.

Also, if you give me the final weights you were using, I can set it up and run some tests for you when the simulator has 7.1.5 stuff. I also need your character name and realm.
    Ask Mr. Robot Human Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Zoopercat View Post
    @Slyner It looks like the weights in that spreadsheet are normalized to some degree. You'll want to fix that, here's why:

Trinkets with procs can't be ranked with stat weights. So when you run a 'gearing strategy' on AMR (aka stat weights), we also simulate every single trinket and item with a proc, over various iLevels. We then bundle those results in with the stat weight report and rank all procs directly from simulations. And all stats get ranked from weights.

For that to work, the weights need to be in the right magnitude, when compared to the trinkets. If Crit normally has a weight of 10, a trinket with 500 Int might rank the same as a trinket with a damage proc. But if you drop the weight of Crit to 1, then it will look like it is 1/10th as strong as the trinket with the proc.

To run custom stat weights. Hang on for about another hour or two and we'll have MW 7.1.5 ready in the simulator.

Also, if you give me the final weights you were using, I can set it up and run some tests for you when the simulator has 7.1.5 stuff. I also need your character name and realm.
    Thanks for the feedback. I'll try the simulation.

I was using AMR's own status weight (AMR - Max Heal) and tried some variations with the results obtained in the spreadsheet with the weights:

2.66 Intellect
    2.53 Spellpower (no longer on gear)
    2.16 Leech
    2.11 Versatility (assuming 4 healers for Raid)
    1.97 Crit
    1.75 Haste (below mana cap***)
    1.82 Avoidance (assuming 4 healers for Raid)
    1.53 Mastery
    0.243 Speed (without Mist Wrap)

I'd appreciate it if you did the tests.
    Name: Slyner
    Realm: US-Nemesis

How does the Drape of Shame effect impact the value of crit in the stat weights? I've been running a ton of crit, just endlessly stacking it assuming that it was probably the best because of the drape, but I feel like maybe I should diversify a bit. Any thoughts?

@Slyner - Sorry I didn't get back to you earlier today - 7.1.5 had me distracted. Are the weights you got from the spreadsheet for 7.1.5? I want to make sure I compare things fairly and have the most up to date info.

I have the Leggings of the Black Flame, I run M+'s, and I strictly use Rising Thunder. Does that change any of the weights in the spreadsheet? Should I be valuing Versatility more now?

Deleted
    ARM and geodew's sheat seem really close to each other now, from the latest sims i have done on my charecter.

I get an error in the sheat when typing FALSE into the sheat. it like jumps down a line without me pressing enter.
    Last edited by mmocdf23fc3447; 2017-01-11 at 03:24 PM.

@Slyner - Sorry I didn't get back to you earlier today - 7.1.5 had me distracted. Are the weights you got from the spreadsheet for 7.1.5? I want to make sure I compare things fairly and have the most up to date info.
    No problem.

Yes, I got the values ​​from the 7.1.5 spreadsheet , but I made some changes to the gear and the values ​​changed, it's updated:
    2.54 Intellect
    2.42 Spellpower (no longer on gear)
    2.16 Leech
    2.11 Versatility (assuming 4 healers for Raid)
    1.97 Crit
    1.73 Haste (below mana cap***)
    1.82 Avoidance (assuming 4 healers for Raid)
    1.51 Mastery
    0.243 Speed (without Mist Wrap)

thanks for your help @Zoopercat

Deleted
    @Zoopercat , In Upgrade Finder doesnt have [Prydaz, Xavaric's Magnum Opus] listed, when I simed mistweaver.

@Slyner Here are some tests for you. Now there's one catch right now with simming healers in our simulator: we don't have an option for putting in an overheal buffer or the ability for teammates to 'snipe' your heals away (but plan to add it). This is looking at max possible healing.

AMR Machine Learning defaults, picking upgrades to 887: 764,628 HPS
    Spreadsheet weights picking upgrades to get to 891: 743,173 HPS

I haven't run weights custom for you yet, since my computer has been chugging away on default weight updates. Can do that overnight tonight or possibly tomorrow if you want still.

- - - Updated - - -
    @rizso1985 We had it in for tanks, since it's a tank thing. But we can add it for other specs too. We'll get that in an update soon.

Deleted
    @Zoopercat its looking as a bis atm. Had it doing 6-8% of the total hps.

Quote Originally Posted by Awsumpossum View Post
    How does the Drape of Shame effect impact the value of crit in the stat weights? I've been running a ton of crit, just endlessly stacking it assuming that it was probably the best because of the drape, but I feel like maybe I should diversify a bit. Any thoughts?
    Still looking for an answer to this. Thanks

@Zoopercat
    Thank you very much. Very interesting results, I think I understood better how the tool works.

The custom weights is the simulation made with Sim type: Gearing Strategy? Made by the program that takes a few hours to complete? I got to do this simulation last night (Tuesday) but it was with build 7.1. I'm going to run again tonight with build 7.1.5

@Slyner correct, it's the 'gearing strategy' sim type. If I haven't linked it yet, here's a picture tutorial, that also lists some best practices (orange text) http://i.imgur.com/r2gpuBW.jpg

It takes a while to run for a few reasons:

1. We look at 1000s of data points (instead of just 2 per stat like SimC).
    2. We look at how stats interact (SimC looks at each stat in isolation. If you want to see interactions in SimC use the reforge plots).
    3. Trinkets, legendaries, set bonuses and any other item with a proc can't be ranked with stat weights. So we sim every single item with a proc when you run a 'gearing strategy.' We then bundle that information in with the stat weight report, so that we can rank ALL procs directly from simulations. Very handy.

That covers most of it - it's a bit slower, but very, very thorough.

Deleted
    @Slyner correct, it's the 'gearing strategy' sim type. If I haven't linked it yet, here's a picture tutorial, that also lists some best practices (orange text)

It takes a while to run for a few reasons:

1. We look at 1000s of data points (instead of just 2 per stat like SimC).
    2. We look at how stats interact (SimC looks at each stat in isolation. If you want to see interactions in SimC use the reforge plots).
    3. Trinkets, legendaries, set bonuses and any other item with a proc can't be ranked with stat weights. So we sim every single item with a proc when you run a 'gearing strategy.' We then bundle that information in with the stat weight report, so that we can rank ALL procs directly from simulations. Very handy.

That covers most of it - it's a bit slower, but very, very thorough.
    Hello, long time reader of the forums here and also a premium user of amr. I ran a max AOE sim with my mistweaver and stat weights are like this:
    ilvl 882 stat goal: 10500 crit, 1000 haste, 1000 mastery, 9100 vers. Nothing special here I think, but amr also recomends using Mark of the Trained Soldier as a neck enchant. Its just plain 600 mastery, and I am already wearing about 5800 Mastery on my gear. Is this just an error / bug, or is there something about this enchant, I did not catch yet?