Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Do I understand it correctly:
    For Drape of Shame, I just add the value for the bonus healing to the other values of int/crit/versa and compare it to the total value of the stats on my current cloak?

Quote Originally Posted by Xenofreak View Post
    The problem with this is that crit and verse aren't equal in output. To actually maintain the "optimum" balance of the two for sheer theoretical output you have to take into account how much one point of crit and verse are worth. At 9276 crit rating I get an increase of 26.5%, coming out to .00285% (rounded down) of crit per point. Versatility on the other hand is 5107 giving me 12.77%, coming out to .0025% of verse per point. Which makes sense. Would be kind of silly if versatility gave equal output per point while also giving a defensive bonus.

This inequity between the two and the finite nature of secondary stats creates a moving balance between the two, that I'm afraid I'm too long out of college to remember how to do the regression necessary to find a proper equation for it myself. But even simple experimenting makes it clear that verse=crit is not actually the ideal for maximized output.

And that's before the drape of shame throws a wrench into things even further.
    Of course I've already taken that into account. I was simplifying matters to illustrate diminishing returns and diminishing returns alone. Your points are already accounted for in the spreadsheet; obviously it's also much more complicated than that for Haste, as well. The optimal vers is about 7-8% behind your crit, but it depends on how much of each you have, and this also means you need a LOT of vers to reach that threshold, since base crit is 5% whereas base vers is 0% and vers also costs more. However, it is attainable with Legion gear to have your weights invert to crit>vers if you have too much vers and not enough crit, even without Drape of Shame. Most people, though, will not be able to attain enough Versatility to have that happen, except in e.g. full crafted gear with vers trinkets or something.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Huolan View Post
    Do I understand it correctly:
    For Drape of Shame, I just add the value for the bonus healing to the other values of int/crit/versa and compare it to the total value of the stats on my current cloak?
    Yes. You can also change the box on the Main tab to TRUE and your crit weight will adjust accordingly.
    Legion Mistweaver Stat Weights SPREADSHEET --- Stat weights DISCUSSION THREAD
    Follow @GeodewMW for off-topic funsies and notifications for important MW theorycrafting posts!
    IF WE MISS YOUR QUESTION, please ask again! You're not being annoying, I promise

Not sure if I this is ok or not. But I kinda had brain melt and went wrong way in AP, this is it currently: https://gyazo .com/257e210b476a331a09961e029f1fcca5
    Is it worth spending AP to redo and go for blessings of yulon instead? Or is the difference so small may as well just carry on?

Deleted
    Just fill of the tree. Reseting traits is waste of ap tbh.

Hey Geodew I just wanted to mention that I think they changed the badge of dominance? I have an 850 version right now that gives passive versatility and it's no longer an on-use item. It's an intel proc for 20 sec. 850 version that I have is 932 Vers + 3329 intel proc for 20 secs but idk the proc rate.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Planbee View Post
    Hey Geodew I just wanted to mention that I think they changed the badge of dominance? I have an 850 version right now that gives passive versatility and it's no longer an on-use item. It's an intel proc for 20 sec. 850 version that I have is 932 Vers + 3329 intel proc for 20 secs but idk the proc rate.
    If i remember right, there are 2 different version of this trinket, with nearly the same name. It's the first part of the name that is different.

Quote Originally Posted by Korokoro View Post
    If i remember right, there are 2 different version of this trinket, with nearly the same name. It's the first part of the name that is different.
    Ah yea I forgot about this. It would be nice to know the value of both trinkets. The current spreadsheet only shows for the on use trinket.

7+ Year Old Account
    I have read this post. http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20752246021

Resto:
    Spirit link
    Ascendance
    Guidance
    HTT > Revival
    Chain Heal: 60k mana for 1,2M+
    500k healing wave for 20k mana
    Strong spot/tank spam healing for high M+
    Mana regen skills

Mistweaver:
    Essence font for 1m for 90k mana
    Ridiculously weak revival
    Envm: 66k mana for ~1M, not single-target spammable. Takes forever to cast.
    Weak spam tank heals (maximum ST hps). Slow response out of CDs. (terrible for high M+)
    Absolutely terrible mana efficiency.

The difference between resto and MW is ABYSMAL. Sometimes i wonder how Blizz can't see such things. WTF do they have in mind.
    Last edited by cqwrteur; 2016-11-23 at 04:47 AM.

This week, I got an 870 Flask of the Solemn Night from mythic 9 court. Between that trinket, which comes with 1,486 int, and the haste proc of 357 per stack, and a plain 865 Vial of Nightmare Fog, and a plain 865 Heightened Senses, which two trinkets would make for the best combo?

It all depends on the content you're doing, the spreadsheet should answer your trinket questions. For raids, Haste is not that good.

The reason I didn't just look at the spreadsheet and leave it at that was because the only Flask of the Solemn Night he calculated was an 840 and an 850 w/ a socket. Mine is 870 with no socket. Not sure what the exact value of my Flask would be.

I'd still use Vial and Senses for raiding, swapping Senses with Flask for Mythics.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurathaine View Post
    The reason I didn't just look at the spreadsheet and leave it at that was because the only Flask of the Solemn Night he calculated was an 840 and an 850 w/ a socket. Mine is 870 with no socket. Not sure what the exact value of my Flask would be.
    You can make a copy and change the numbers, following the instructions at the top (in-game tooltips w/ no gear equipped).
    Follow @GeodewMW for off-topic funsies and notifications for important MW theorycrafting posts!
    IF WE MISS YOUR QUESTION, please ask again! You're not being annoying, I promise

7+ Year Old Account
    Is Essence Font really underpowered now? From my math, it sounds like it.
    https://1drv.ms/x/s!AgsVm_GZIWH7iqk-VvQh-DsaY6sSPA

Quote Originally Posted by cqwrteur View Post
    Is Essence Font really underpowered now? From my math, it sounds like it.
    https://1drv.ms/x/s!AgsVm_GZIWH7iqk-VvQh-DsaY6sSPA
    Please keep this thread for stat weight discussion or discussion related to other parts of my spreadsheet. AFAIK I should receive a notification if you @-mention me in the main thread (give it a shot?), or you can PM me questons on MMOC or via Monk Discord.

See the EF tab on my spreadsheet, if you wish. There's a comparison table to the right. EF bolts can re-target the same players, so I doubt you did your math correctly unless you ran a simulation, like I did.

Temporary Spreadsheet link for Patch 7.1.5 (main sheet will be updated when patch actually drops)
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...srs/edit#gid=0

I guess we should send a notice to WarcraftDevs with your stat showing that again Mastery is our worst stat.. because Ion clearly said they would fix that for every class in 7.1.5

Guess I'll try.. worth a shot.
    Last edited by Spotnick; 2016-12-07 at 10:38 PM.
    Karuzo | Drainlife, US-Arthas
    Mistweaver Monk - armory - twitter - raider.io - twitch

Is it possible to add in the pandaran racial that gives a double bonus to food buffs as an option? I'm fairly certain that blood elf is still the preferable race for mistweavers due to arcane torrent and arcane acuity but for those of use that play pandas the extra 375 to a secondary could affect things. Thanks!
    Last edited by maltese; 2016-12-07 at 10:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by maltese View Post
    Is it possible to add in the pandaran racial that gives a double bonus to food buffs as an option? I'm fairly certain that blood elf is still the preferable race for mistweavers due to arcane torrent and arcane acuity but for those of use that play pandas the extra 375 to a secondary could affect things. Thanks!
    Other racials besides BElf are in the pipe, but I haven't had time with the M+ and AP grinds and wanting to spend SOME time on things that aren't WoW related (plus sleep and work). It's definitely something I'll get around to, but with how many unique trinkets Blizzard is putting out, it might be a while.

The reason it's low priority is because racials only change stat weights by about 0.02 at most (typically -0.02 to your race's stat, which would be whatever food you're eating, for pandaren, probably vers or crit depending on your gear and if you have Drape of Shame).

Deleted
    I just "resim"ed myself with the Spreadsheet and i have a Question. Since when is Haste so close to crit and versa ?

Pawn String ( Pawn: v1: "MW Raid": CritRating=2.21911844511078, MasteryRating=1.26163377952762, HasteRating=2.13842226395721, Intellect=2.74589488714372, Versatility=2.3408480292689,Leech=2.18804673068352,Avoidance=1.81900864029139,Speed=0.2425 )