Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    I got the ring on my dk alt as well as my main , i just decided i wasnt gunna grind any more on any of the rest of my alts as i am to lazy , 2 characters with the legendary ring is enough . I didnt think the catch up thing made me want to do it all over again .

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kektonic View Post
    Ring upgrades are now on the Tanaan vendor for 1250 valor.

Everyone can stop crying about how Blizzard hates their 11th alt now.

http://www.wowhead.com/news=250679/c...r-valor-points
    When the last 33 pieces to collect in hc get tanaan weekly quest, profesdions, increased drop in raid. THEN ill agree.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Warhoof View Post
    When the last 33 pieces to collect in hc get tanaan weekly quest, profesdions, increased drop in raid. THEN ill agree.
    2nd+ rings do get increased drops in raids. Its actually pretty quick the second time around, as much as I'd like to make it shorter with a weekly quest or missions or whatever there really isn't a need besides laziness.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilderness View Post
    2nd+ rings do get increased drops in raids. Its actually pretty quick the second time around, as much as I'd like to make it shorter with a weekly quest or missions or whatever there really isn't a need besides laziness.
    I hope they make it a guaranteed drop for alts. Cleared H HFC on an alt last week and only netted 5 tomes

Quote Originally Posted by sleepingforest View Post
    I hope they make it a guaranteed drop for alts. Cleared H HFC on an alt last week and only netted 5 tomes
    Unless they added it alongside the addition of Fel for Valor, there is no catch-up for the Tome phase of the ring. Your alts will have the same droprate your main had.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dixincide View Post
    Wow is a game, there should be no "work" involved in games.
    Perhaps, but rewards are meaningless without effort. And the more "effort" put in makes rewards that much more valued. Beating Rags in MC back in Classic WoW when it was current content is probably more rewarding than say going to MC at lv 100 and soloing Rags.
    ---
    Don't be a victim of IFOWISNAWL!
    Call 800-Calm-The-F-Down, Operators are standing by. Now taking calls on all your Legion worries.

Quote Originally Posted by Vedni View Post
    I'd say it takes closer to 7-8 weeks to get your ring, doing your shipyard missions, garrison misisons, and the weekly every week.

Highmaul week 1
    Highmaul week 2
    BRF Week 2
    BRF Week 3
    BRF Week 4
    HFC Week 4
    HFC Week 5
    HFC Week 6
    HFC Week 7 - can realistically be done here with okay rng - averaging slightly over 8/13 tomes a week

Maybe an extra week in HFC, maybe another in BrF, you're looking at 7-9 weeks, i'd say the average is between 7 and 8.

I see both sides of the argument though. My biggest quarrel is the huge obstacle it puts in the way of main swapping.
    On my latest alt to do the ring I started the Highmaul part on a Tuesday, finished it 6 days later on Monday, was able to do an LFR BRF clear and the Tanaan Weekly before the reset. So I went from 0 Abrogator Stones to completing Highmaul and ~280 Elemental Runes in 1 week. End of week 2 I was just shy of 900 runes, finished it on Tuesday of week 3. Since then I have gotten 21 Tomes in 3 Weeks, full clear every week. I have had slightly below average luck in HFC and it's still not going to take me longer than 7 weeks from start to finish.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by freddy090909 View Post
    Unless they added it alongside the addition of Fel for Valor, there is no catch-up for the Tome phase of the ring. Your alts will have the same droprate your main had.
    You're wrong. That is coming from a player with 7 alts, all having their legendary rings. Tome gathering was 2-3 weeks for alts instead of 5-6 with main (Also got the wife's main a ring, on a different bnet account, so that's 2 mains against 7 alts).