Why do I suck at Holy?

I'm a tank primarily, got prot down and covered, but Holy hell does my healing suck.

I do well enough keeping people alive in dungeons, my ilvl is ~640, and I can't for the life of me beat stage 5 of the proving grounds. That's Bronze, not even Silver.

I've never healed before in my life, so I guess there's a sort of rotation I'm just not seeing?

Is there a short and sweet guide to help me get into this?

What's keeping you from finishing proving grounds? Are you running out of mana? Are you not able to deal with burst damage?

Standard advice is to:
    1) Don't be afraid to use Wings. It's an absurd healing cooldown, that boosts your power tremendously.
    2) Use your beacon(s). Remember that you get 40% mana back when casting Flash of Light on your beacon target.
    3) Don't be afraid to nuke your mana. If people REALLY need healing, pop wings and spam flash of light.
    4) Make sure you're using holy shock as often as possible. It's instant healing you can do while moving, and the proc boosts your casted healing spells.
    5) If you have holy prism, cast in on an enemy to get a big group-wide heal to your party.
    6) If an enemy is casting dangerous spells, use Rebuke to interrupt them or stun them with Hammer of Justice.

Post any follow up questions that you have, and I'll try to help.

Thanks! I didn't know about that awesome Flash of Light+Beacon thing, I was actually hesitant to use it out of fear of going oom too quickly. That'll definitely make getting bronze easier. And I have been using Hammer of Justice on the hive-singers, but figured Rebuke would just get wasted either by missing the quick cast time or someone in the party getting to it before me. I guess I'll try to work that in, too.