Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    Could it go off the GCD? Sure, but that has much more severe balancing issues than a free Rampage replacing an Execute. It also continues to clutter up the rotation, now you're hitting the same amount of buttons as before, but you're using one of them in tandem with the others.

I'm just not convinced it's necessary. Execute is meant to become the Rage dump sub 20%, and Rampage just doesn't need to be there anymore if it weren't for Odyn's Champion. Likewise, tying two attack-procs to Execute is over doing it in my opinion.
    I suggested off the GCD so you can continue to Execute, but in all honesty if Rampage does substantial damage then it just replacing Execute every now and then doesn't seem like a bad idea. Would be a small gap in which your rage bar could catch up as Rampage costs 10 rage with Carnage but I assume Reckless Abandon is going to taken mostly.

Quote Originally Posted by chooi View Post
    This post is pure gold, especially the bold part.
    Well, heck yeah it is — it's my suggestion!

- - - Updated - - -

Arch, etc., here's a complete thought about how changing the spec accomplishes Blizzard's goals without awkward or convoluted gameplay.

1. Bloodthirst, Raging Blow and Wild Strike have greatly increased crit chance (damage reduced accordingly). WoD rules for usage apply, Bloodsurge back in.
    2. The effect is that Fury's core abilities crit constantly. Each crit from these abilities triggers Enrage.
    3. Enrage now does one thing: increase attack speed (only) additively for a short amount of time. It stacks. Resources come faster and faster.
    4. Mastery now does one thing: increase the duration of Enrage.*
    5. Rampage is now an at-will cooldown. It prevents new Enrages but multiplicatively increases the effects of Haste on special attacks (only) each second. Rampage ends when rage falls below a certain threshold. GCD is limited to 0.75 seconds, and any additional drop produces a pseudo-multistrike dealing damage proportional to the time benefit that would've occurred (with associated higher cost). A new animation is fired, so a long Rampage run will make a character look like Taz.

Thus:

1. Work up a lather with Enrages.
    2. Cash in fast-incoming resources with Rampage until Enrage ends and/or high special attack Haste exhausts rage.

This wrecks half the talent tree but that's doing Blizzard a favor.

The cycle could be 20-30 seconds. I'll try to sim it soon, but this seems straightforward and accurate to the theme.

* If need be, to prevent loopholes from Step 4, Rampage increases all Physical damage. Force entrance into Rampage eventually (thematically, warrior loses control and goes berserk) if necessary, too.
    Last edited by Celarent; 2015-12-22 at 07:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Celarent View Post
    Well, heck yeah it is — it's my suggestion!
    Not quite, though your posts have provided some measure of inspiration. I even thought about your above suggestion with making special attacks trigger Enrage rather than autos, but I don't think that would be quite as effective.

I like the ideas you come up with, and it provides a lot of food for thought. The only criticism that I'd have is that they tend to be large in scope, which in my opinion is over reaching. That isn't meant to dismiss your ideas in the slightest, the more ideas there are, the better chance of finding something that will stick; but in my experience small targeted changes are more easily accepted than sweeping overhauls.

Your outline above is a good example. There are a few faults, though I won't nitpick them here, but it necessitates changing nearly every ability in the toolkit by varying degrees. It's not a bad concept by any means, but it's basically an overhaul, which I believe is a bit beyond the scope of feedback.

- - - Updated - - -

In other news, Alpha officially went down yesterday for the rest of the year, so there shouldn't be anything new to talk about for awhile. Still, there is a silver lining as the Fury thread is the #1 viewed and responded to thread on the Feedback forums, so don't let the lack of a blue post discourage, it's definitely visible.

Keep up the good work providing feedback and highlighting the important issues.

Haha, no arguments here on the scope, Arch. I'm not trying to be practical: just having fun. It's all good!

Deleted
    the Fury thread is the #1 viewed and responded to thread on the Feedback forums, so don't let the lack of a blue post discourage, it's definitely visible.

Dejavu?
    DejaWoD?

So...what's the point of execute now?

Assuming we take carnage, in order for it to compete with rampages damage you'd have to be using it during our enrage window...but then it competes with our rage generation.

Spending 40 rage on it outside the window is hard to justify since it'll do less than rampage.

Seems like too big an oversight to be on accident; Am I missing something? Unless (for some revealed reason) we're generating a ton of rage sub 20%, why would you ever want to spend an enraged global on execute? You can generate rage then dump it into a carnage that will probably do more dmg.

Execute needs to always do damage as if enraged, gain double value from mastery like HS, or that 40 rage cost lowered a bit.

Edit: Missed the stacking damage bonus it gets from artifacts, but that's only 5% a stack. Considering how fast the last 20% goes (though it may go slower with less classes having execute), is that enough? You'd still have to dedicate globals that either cut your rage gen down or use it over rampage outside of enrage, but then it competes with a mastery bumped up attack that only does 70% less weapon dmg over-all.
    Last edited by regularspecial; 2015-12-23 at 11:45 AM.

Deleted

In other news, Alpha officially went down yesterday for the rest of the year, so there shouldn't be anything new to talk about for awhile. Still, there is a silver lining as the Fury thread is the #1 viewed and responded to thread on the Feedback forums, so don't let the lack of a blue post discourage, it's definitely visible.

Could you link the Thread?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ArcadeBit View Post
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/20043424942

Quote Originally Posted by ArcadeBit View Post
    It's the OP.