Page 1 of 10
... LastLast

(US) No Federal Laws Against Terrorist Groups Purchasing Firearms

http://www.npr.org/sections/itsallpo...om-buying-guns

Even al-Qaida gloats about what's possible under U.S. gun laws. In June 2011, a senior al-Qaida operative, Adam Gadahn, released a video message rallying people to take advantage of opportunities those laws provide.

"America is absolutely awash with easily obtainable firearms," Gadahn says, explaining that "you can go down to a gun show at the local convention center" and buy a gun without a background check.

Then a faint smile crosses Gadahn's face. "So what are you waiting for?" he asks.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...m-buying-guns/

"Membership in a terrorist organization does not prohibit a person from possessing firearms or explosives under current federal law," the Government Accountability Office concluded in 2010. The law prohibits felons, fugitives, drug addicts and domestic abusers from purchasing a firearm in the United States. But people on the FBI's consolidated terrorist watchlist — typically placed there when there is "reasonable suspicion" that they are a known or suspected terrorist — can freely purchase handguns or assault-style rifles.
    You want reasonable gun control solutions? Here's one. It's just the majority party is blocking it.

LOL @ that title! That's not a loaded thread title or anything...

Democrat Party Fighting to make sure terrorism suspects are able to qualify for government assistance.

Writing these fucking bullshit headlines is really hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    LOL @ that title! That's not a loaded thread title or anything...
    Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.) and Rep. Peter T. King (R-N.Y.) introduced a bill to do that earlier this year. The "Denying Firearms and Explosives to Dangerous Terrorists Act of 2015" would prevent several hundred gun purchases by suspected terrorists each year, and it includes provisions to let people challenge a denial if they believe they were placed on the watchlist in error.

But these bills have rarely made it out of committee, in part due to vehement opposition from the National Rifle Association and its allies in Congress. The NRA objected to earlier versions of the bill, saying they were "aimed primarily at law-abiding American gun owners," that "prohibiting the possession of firearms doesn’t stop criminals from illegally acquiring them," and that the bills were "sponsored by gun control extremists."
    What do you call their actions?

Welcome to the USA. I seriously heard people at my job saying the solution is more guns in the hands of more people everywhere. The kool-aid runs deep in the R. Very very deep. I think if you cut them kool-aid squirts out instead of blood. They are that dumb.

Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2015-12-03 at 09:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SirPiken View Post
    Democrat Party Fighting to make sure terrorism suspects are able to qualify for government assistance.

Reading is hard. Read the articles, that's absolutely what they are doing.

10+ Year Old Account
    So the guys in Cali can still get the guns yes?

Quote Originally Posted by SirPiken View Post

and cue the deflection without actually addressing what the OP is saying. never change gen-OT, never change.

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    So the guys in Cali can still get the guns yes?
    THey are dead so...I see an issue with delivery and payment.

But my freedom to kill indiscriminately! Thomas Jefferson said I could! I'm super cereal you guys!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Detritivores View Post
    But my freedom to kill indiscriminately! Thomas Jefferson said I could! I'm super cereal you guys!
    Bro, if Tommy Jeff said you could, you fuckin do what ever you fuckin want

FUCK YEAAAAHHHH

This thread probably isn't intended to have any actual debate but, I'm a sucker so I will attempt to argue a position I don't really care much about.

Key word: SUSPECT

The title makes it sound just crazy stuff is going on! Terrorists being given rocket launchers and the like! It's madness, I say!

Or maybe, due to various pre-existing laws, and a big heap of "we don't want them to know we are watching them" thrown on top, we can see why this is as it is. I would like to assume, perhaps wrongly, that anyone on a terrorist watch list is, in fact, BEING WATCHED FOR TERRORISM. I would also like to assume, perhaps wrongly, that it is not a crime to join a group, of any kind, due to free speech and that whole first amendment deal.

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Bro, if Tommy Jeff said you could, you fuckin do what ever you fuckin want

FUCK YEAAAAHHHH
    Tommy Jeff's my main man! My dawg! My ace in the hole! TJeff don't give no arms to no pussy Democrats or pissed off Mooslmis!

BRAPBRAP! (celebratory gunfire. It killed a child next county over but don't worry. TJ got my back.)

Because according to leftist groups all republicans are terrorists, I'll side with the nra here

As the law stands now, you can have get a firearm if you are not a felon etc. even if you are on a "terrorist watch list" you can buy a fire arm because you have done "nothing wrong".
    It is the NRA's standpoint(from what I have read ) that if you are a law abiding citizen with no prohibitions you should be able to buy a gun as well as practice,enjoy all those rights you have.

A government watch list to deny a person a right is ...well, rather an issue.... you are being denied a right because you believe in ...whatever, but have not broken(proof) or intend to break laws(proof of crime or intent to commit crime).

The Government chooses who is on the list and what constitutes a "threat" or "reason" to be on that list.
    Sounds historically familiar...and I do not believe it ended well or went well for the people under those Governments.
    Last edited by enragedgorilla; 2015-12-03 at 09:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    This thread probably isn't intended to have any actual debate but, I'm a sucker so I will attempt to argue a position I don't really care much about.

Key word: SUSPECT

The title makes it sound just crazy stuff is going on! Terrorists being given rocket launchers and the like! It's madness, I say!

Or maybe, due to various pre-existing laws, and a big heap of "we don't want them to know we are watching them" thrown on top, we can see why this is as it is. I would like to assume, perhaps wrongly, that anyone on a terrorist watch list is, in fact, BEING WATCHED FOR TERRORISM. I would also like to assume, perhaps wrongly, that it is not a crime to join a group, of any kind, due to free speech and that whole first amendment deal.
    Really?
    From the FBI's page.
    The Terrorist Screening Database (TSBD) is the U.S. Government’s consolidated database
    containing the identity information of known or suspected terrorists.
    https://www.fbi.gov/about-us/nsb/tsc...sked-questions
    So what is the issue with the word "suspect"?

Meh, I have seen these arguments before. They are grade A BS. 2000 suspected terrorists successfully purchased guns in the last 10 years . . . I am sure they did. I am also sure that any terrorist who wants to obtain a firearm to kill people is already planning to break one law - why on earth would he care if he broke a law prohibiting the purchase of firearms? Or do you think you could make firearm purchase illegal in a way that would meaningfully limit gun violence?

It is a non-issue, killers will kill people.

Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    Because according to leftist groups all republicans are terrorists, I'll side with the nra here
    So the FBI, CIA and Homeland Security are "leftist groups"?

That's not federal law bro. It's state by state. Before posting click bait headlines you should know the law. What's legal in one state is not necessarily legal in other states.

Quote Originally Posted by Matchles View Post
    What do you call their actions?
    So a bi-partisan group introduced the bill?