Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Batman - A Telltale Games Series

http://www.blastr.com/2015-12-4/awar...ng-batman-next

Coming in 2016, we get a Batman game from the creators of TWD game series. I for one can't wait.

Last edited by Feredir; 2015-12-04 at 02:58 PM.

Can we not. Enough of this.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wish they'd focus on fewer games and have choices that actually matter in their games.

10+ Year Old Account
    telltale is such a gaming company that if they would release their shitting process in game format i would buy in a heartbeat therefore i would buy and play this game too even though i don't like batman and anything related to it.
    war does not determine who is right, only who is left.

Yeah as much as I enjoy Telltale's games they need to stop piggybacking off every IP under the sun. Can't they create something original or better yet make a sequel to TWAU?

Quote Originally Posted by oexieo View Post
    Yeah as much as I enjoy Telltale's games they need to stop piggybacking off every IP under the sun. Can't they create something original or better yet make a sequel to TWAU?
    Fuck 'em. Let TT do their shitty, cash grabbing, spin-offs. Perhaps we can count on DONTNOD to produce games with a bit more originality.

Still think they are doing way to many IP's at once. Why not make a season 2 for The Wolf Among Us or something? Atleast they are making a new season for The Walking Dead and Games of Thrones, yet they leave their best game with only 1 season.

10+ Year Old Account
    Holy interactive comics Batman! You're going to be a Telltale game!

AWESOME!
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

WHAT.

i don't get the appeal of these, but i can see moms and dads "playing videogames" in their living room.

Also: i have already seen the film/read the book/watched the TV serie - why would i play something story driven where i know the story already?
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Shit, only zombies are missing and we'd have a bingo for the most overused themes and topics in gaming pop-culture in recent times.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    Still think they are doing way to many IP's at once. Why not make a season 2 for The Wolf Among Us or something? Atleast they are making a new season for The Walking Dead and Games of Thrones, yet they leave their best game with only 1 season.
    After the shitfest that is Minecraft Storymode I wonder if they really ought to be grabbing more franchisees. I have the feeling they do the construction scam thing, start 1 new construction site and never finish it, so they can fund 2 other projects which won't ever be finished either.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    i don't get the appeal of these, but i can see moms and dads "playing videogames" in their living room.
    The way to think of it is that they are not videogames you play. They are interactive stories you watch. Put it in that perspective and the appeal is more understandable.

In my opinion, the Telltale Walking Dead games are better, more emotionally involving stories than anything on the TV show (with the exception of episode 1). And I'm a big fan of the TV show.

I'd say the same about some other videogames - the KotoR games have better plots and characters than any Star Wars movie (except maybe Empire Strikes Back). But they are still bona fide games. The "gameplay" in Telltale games is pretty non-existent but the story telling is superb.

However, I'm a dad, so I'm probably just proving your point by endorsing these games.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    WHAT.

Also: i have already seen the film/read the book/watched the TV serie - why would i play something story driven where i know the story already?
    WHAT!? Found the guy who has never actually played the game but still insists on calling it shit.

You know the comic books are still ongoing? The story hasn't ended. I've watched and read all of Game of Thrones and The Walking Dead and all the content from Telltale was original. They make their own stories in the same universe.

Neither a mom or a dad, I play a lot of video games including Telltale games, and never in my living room. Screw your stereotypes.
    Last edited by Waaldo; 2015-12-04 at 05:19 PM.
    These aren't the spoilers you're looking for.

Move along.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Now, Waaldo is prepared to look for this person like Prince Charming testing everyone to see just how bad their psychological disorder is if their foot fits in the glass slipper.

Hmmmm. I guess it's okay but I don't see how it could be exciting. Batman, to me, is about action. He also has a really strict moral code. Not sure how they can make choices interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Batman, to me, is about action. He also has a really strict moral code. Not sure how they can make choices interesting.
    Batman used to be the ultimate detective. I guess later renditions of the character has turned him into an action hero like all of the rest.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I love that this will probably focus on his detective skills and story telling. This was a great choice for their format. I'm not sure why people are raging on this genre as it's one of the more enjoyable trends in gaming right now. TellTale really got this in the mainstream, so they'll be the ones delivering the most experiences. It also means they may not make the best experiences, but that can happen. Other companies are doing wonderful things with this genre too.

If anyone has played any of the new King's Quest, you will see what this genre is really capable of. If they focus on immersion, great animation, and play up the strengths of the IP they use...it's like playing through an interactive movie/cartoon. My wife couldn't stop watching me play King's Quest simply b/c she felt like she was watching a Pixar quality movie even though I was playing. It's both simple enough, yet skillfully rendered enough to feel fluid and engaging.
    BAD WOLF

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    As long as the villain is not the Joker *again*

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Can we not. Enough of this.
    Indeed! This is just getting downright ridiculous.

I've yet to actually see a bad Telltale game. There are things they can do better but their storywriting is still very solid. If anything, Their Walking Dead seasons is better than the actual show.

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian the Moofia Boss View Post
    Indeed! This is just getting downright ridiculous.
    I'm not hating on the genre but the obvious IP milks need to stop. And the high school drama thing was good (not in graphics quality) none of the choices mattered. Not even the last one
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    Wish they'd focus on fewer games and have choices that actually matter in their games.

Yup. Never bought more than TWD by them. Couldn't get over that no matter what I choose the big events still happened the same. The illusion of choice just doesn't do it for me.