Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Miranda View Post
    mind flay and drain life need updated animations.
    There's a couple posts on the WoW Forums talking about that. Unfortunately a lot of Priests like Dreamskull for example are going "No don't waste resources. I want my class to be viable. Screw animations", or White-Knighting for Blizzard, trying to excuse all the neglect. I guess they are so scared for nerfs / buffs that they are unaware that one can very easily ask for both. But then again if these resources were used for WoD, I'd be happy wasting some to see our class brought up to code.

Mages for example are getting their THIRD upgrade to Fire Spell Casting. Mages are also very much viable.

Shadow Magic and it's associated animations / effects seem to be the last real hold outs of Vanilla era spell effects.

Heck Mana Burn took away Mind Blast's Animation for some weird reason. Why do we still have no animation for that after 5+ years?

If you guys want to see Shadow Priests become more than Affliction's poor cousin in the visual department, I'd advise you go check out the thread here and weigh in. I for one would love to see some of the OPs stuff become a reality for our class.

us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/20044675324
    Last edited by ShadowPriestX; 2015-12-11 at 09:01 AM.

Dreamskull is a straight-up narcissist. He thinks he's some kind of shadowpriest messiah who "does so much" for the community. Half his posts get downvoted to oblivion because he's so damn unpopular, but of course this just feeds his delusions.

I am very firmly in the camp that we desperately need a very big, sweeping graphics update, but I'd also say that we need the spec to work even more. The underlying mechanics need so much more thought and polish it's insane, pun intended.

That's the one thing I'll agree with Dreamskull on: the mechanics should take priority over the graphics. But we do need both.

Basically, we need more work than any other spec, and I'd be very surprised to see that happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Annesh View Post
    Dreamskull is a straight-up narcissist. He thinks he's some kind of shadowpriest messiah who "does so much" for the community. Half his posts get downvoted to oblivion because he's so damn unpopular, but of course this just feeds his delusions.

I am very firmly in the camp that we desperately need a very big, sweeping graphics update, but I'd also say that we need the spec to work even more. The underlying mechanics need so much more thought and polish it's insane, pun intended.

That's the one thing I'll agree with Dreamskull on: the mechanics should take priority over the graphics. But we do need both.

Basically, we need more work than any other spec, and I'd be very surprised to see that happen.
    Thanks for not actually offering any suggestions on how to 'fix' the spec and instead just complaining about it. Great feedback!

Closing this thread as we already have a Legion Shadow Priest topic here.