Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    What kind of immortality are we talking about here? The "unable to age" kind or the "unable to be killed" kind?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammerfest View Post
    What kind of immortality are we talking about here? The "unable to age" kind or the "unable to be killed" kind?
    unable to age.DCEU(movie version).

AFAIK Asgardians do age. It's the Olympians that don't.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    AFAIK Asgardians do age. It's the Olympians that don't.
    Wonder Woman is not really an Olympian until she became the Goddess of War and Thor is not just an Asgardian.considering Angela who is older than Thor,she didn't age a day.she looks like in mid twenties.Asgardian aging depends on the writer in the comics.sometimes immortal sometimes not.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GokuSSG View Post
    Wonder Woman is not really an Olympian until she became the Goddess of War and Thor is not just an Asgardian.considering Angela who is older than Thor,she didn't age a day.she looks like in mid twenties.Asgardian aging depends on the writer in the comics.sometimes immortal sometimes not.
    Wonder Woman will be immortal in DCEU.that is how it is.Thor is not immortal in MCU.it sucks for MCU fans but that is how it is.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonBallfan View Post
    Wonder Woman will be immortal in DCEU.that is how it is.Thor is not immortal in MCU.it sucks for MCU fans but that is how it is.
    well,at least DCEU is making some accurate decision making Wonder Woman immortal.

Deleted
    I doubt that Wonder Woman was ever immortal in old comics unless she stays on the Paradise Island.there were some comics in which she is looking old.in New 52 is difficult to tell.she was a Goddess of War but I don't know if she is now.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Really?

The best of the best Marvel comics came from the late 70s to the late 80s.

The later stuff was hit or miss. Typically miss...The VP said it outright, only controversy sells these days, more so than any good writing apparently.

The Iron Man versus Thor fight as it should have been:
    Spoiler: 

One Iron Man greets Thor
    Two Iron Man warns Thor
    Three Thor get emotional
    Four No, really emotional
    Five Iron Man tries to apologize
    Six But Thor had to express himself
    Seven So Thor apologizes instead
    Eight But he does have issues with people trespassing on Asgard
    Nine Compromise...Not much of one when it's "Mess with Asgard and I'll show you what a God of Thunder can do to your entire country."
    This was after the Civil War and after Cap's assassination, so we all knew that this was going to be a happy reunion.
    Oh god, this made me wet, may i know wich number these comics are?

Deleted
    so is there a problem because Wonder Woman is immortal????

so is there a problem because Wonder Woman is immortal????
    I personally don't have any real problem with Wonder Woman being immortal.to be honest,I don't know why this is actually surprise.people who don't know comics know Greek Gods because they are very popular around the world.there are some big movies in which they are immortal and they were on the big screen.if Wonder Woman is the daughter of Zeus,a God,and Hyppolyta,an immortal,then of course she will be immortal.it would be stupid beyond belief for other audience to see Wonder Woman,half Goddess,to be mortal(aging).Norse Gods on the other hand are not known around the world much so MCU decide to make them different.they turned them into aliens,unfortunately.
    Last edited by DemonHunter18; 2016-02-24 at 02:17 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonHunter18 View Post
    I personally don't have any real problem with Wonder Woman being immortal.to be honest,I don't know why this is actually surprise.people who don't know comics know Greek Gods because they are very popular around the world.there are some big movies in which they are immortal and they were on the big screen.if Wonder Woman is the daughter of Zeus,a God,and Hyppolyta,an immortal,then of course she will be immortal.it would be stupid beyond belief for other audience to see Wonder Woman,half Goddess,to be mortal(aging).Norse Gods on the other hand are not known around the world much so MCU decide to make them different.they turned them into aliens,unfortunately.
    I agree.Wonder Woman being immortal is awesome but it is not really a big surprise.

10+ Year Old Account
    In the comics I read featuring Wonder Woman years ago, she was immortal and aged very little... in contrast to Superman, who aged normally except that even as a frail old man, he could still toss cars around.

Deleted
    In the comics I read featuring Wonder Woman years ago, she was immortal and aged very little... in contrast to Superman, who aged normally except that even as a frail old man, he could still toss cars around.
    yeah,she was very long lived.now,she is immortal as far as I know.I mean,New 52 Wonder Woman is a Goddess.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wonder Woman is such an inconsistent, fickle mess in the comics. Her powers have never been consistent and neither has her origin. Now she's a goddess again, huh? Not exactly a new idea.

Deleted
    Wonder Woman is such an inconsistent, fickle mess in the comics. Her powers have never been consistent and neither has her origin. Now she's a goddess again, huh? Not exactly a new idea.
    yeah,I know.it's the same thing about Thor.I imagine you know about his downfall...

yeah,in New 52 Wonder Woman became a Goddess.I don't know if she is now.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Really?

The best of the best Marvel comics came from the late 70s to the late 80s.

The later stuff was hit or miss. Typically miss...The VP said it outright, only controversy sells these days, more so than any good writing apparently.

The Iron Man versus Thor fight as it should have been:
    Spoiler: 

One Iron Man greets Thor
    Two Iron Man warns Thor
    Three Thor get emotional
    Four No, really emotional
    Five Iron Man tries to apologize
    Six But Thor had to express himself
    Seven So Thor apologizes instead
    Eight But he does have issues with people trespassing on Asgard
    Nine Compromise...Not much of one when it's "Mess with Asgard and I'll show you what a God of Thunder can do to your entire country."
    This was after the Civil War and after Cap's assassination, so we all knew that this was going to be a happy reunion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Leyre View Post
    Oh god, this made me wet, may i know wich number these comics are?

The author (Straczynski) wanted to put the God back in the "God of Thunder."
    This particular edition has the issue where you see Thor use an ability derived from his mother, the Elder Goddess Gaea.
    Earth busting Thor

10+ Year Old Account
    yeah,in New 52 Wonder Woman became a Goddess.I don't know if she is now.
    As with a lot of things, John Byrne did it first.

10+ Year Old Account
    yeah,she was very long lived.now,she is immortal as far as I know.I mean,New 52 Wonder Woman is a Goddess.
    if she cannot be killed then why bother reflecting bullets with special bracers?
    Hi

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    if she cannot be killed then why bother reflecting bullets with special bracers?
    she can be killed.we are talking about ageless not invincible and Wonder Woman was always weak to bullets.

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    because she is only immortal as in never dying of old age,lol.