Quote Originally Posted by Supliftz View Post
    We do have those mechanics? You press RSK on cd, and your average renewing mist spread goes from 2-3, to 4-6.
    You know what I mean. A direct "damage -> healing" passive or ability. Using a damage ability and getting passive healing off of it. Eminence/Atonement.

I don't really consider Rising Thunder to really be "dps to heal", it's more "dps to reset thunder tea CD", the fact that we have to use a damage ability is just coincidence. Especially considering that it's just RSK and to a lesser extent BOK, yeah...I don't really consider Mistweaver to be "dps to heal" anymore.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xandel View Post
    can anyone explain to me why they are giving monk such a hard time with mana ?
    To free up GCDs and make Fistweaving an actual option. Big mana inefficient spells cost the same amount of GCDs as small mana efficient spells, making them more GCD efficient and allowing you to do nothing (~sOoThInG mIsT~) or punch dudes in the meantime.
    Also puts a little more weight on individual healing decisions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    You know what I mean. A direct "damage -> healing" passive or ability. Using a damage ability and getting passive healing off of it. Eminence/Atonement.

I don't really consider Rising Thunder to really be "dps to heal", it's more "dps to reset thunder tea CD", the fact that we have to use a damage ability is just coincidence. Especially considering that it's just RSK and to a lesser extent BOK, yeah...I don't really consider Mistweaver to be "dps to heal" anymore.
    Why does that matter though. our direct damage to healing ability did less healing than what rising thunder does now.

You can actually justify being a "fistweaver" now because you actually do healing.

Why does that matter though. our direct damage to healing ability did less healing than what rising thunder does now.

You can actually justify being a "fistweaver" now because you actually do healing.
    My point is that it's not really "DPS to heal" anymore. Fistweaving before was doing almost full-time damage spells and getting passive healing out of it. "Fistweaving" now is just...throwing out a RSK every 10 seconds, in between all of your normal healing spells that you'd still be using otherwise.

The same way that WoD Disc is not "DPS to heal" just because you're throwing out a Solace every 10 seconds. Majority of your spells are still normal healing spells, you're just throwing in a single damage spell every 10 seconds. (and that damage spell does almost no damage!)

Same thing here; you're still majorly using normal healing spells, just throwing in a single RSK every 10 seconds. I don't really consider it "DPS to heal" unless a majority of spell usage is DPS spells, like what you could do in WoD when you got the 4pc T18. In heroic runs I wouldn't really cast any heals at all, just pure DPS and free REMs from the 4pc. That's what I consider "DPS to heal".
    Last edited by anon5123; 2016-07-16 at 07:29 PM.

My point is that it's not really "DPS to heal" anymore. Fistweaving before was doing almost full-time damage spells and getting passive healing out of it. "Fistweaving" now is just...throwing out a RSK every 10 seconds, in between all of your normal healing spells that you'd still be using otherwise.
    I see what you are saying but truly, you are still "dps'ing to heal." Its just not a blanket smart heal where you just dps like crazy and smart heals go out to the group. This is more "dps to improve hps".

Secondly, a question for those who are higher ilvl and doing more raid testing. Im still doing 5 mans. What do you end up using the majority of your TFT on? I am guessing mostly ReM and Evm depending on the tank/raid healing situation. Do you use it on UT Vivify to save mana on longer fights?

Deleted
    You are using abilities that also deal damage to heal. The heal is not in any way related to the amount of damage you actually deal though. In that sense it's not "dealing damage to heal" but rather "pressing buttons that also happen to deal damage to heal".

It's not "DPS to heal", though. RSK does not provide any healing, by itself.

Resetting CD on TFT =/= "healing".

Using a single damage ability every 10 seconds in between healing =/= "DPS".

But enough of this pointless subjective term argument-

I tried running M Everbloom, and found that I was constantly struggling to keep people up. I was having to spam Enveloping Mist quite a bit. I suppose it's because I'm on a 680 iLvl monk, compared to the 710 that I'm used to, but in general I feel like single target healing is somewhat low as a Monk.

I did a whole bunch of Gold Healer in the proving grounds, and single target healing was always where I struggled. The champion mobs that hit the tank for like 20% of his health were the biggest challenge.
    Last edited by anon5123; 2016-07-16 at 09:55 PM.

It's not "DPS to heal", though. RSK does not provide any healing, by itself.

Resetting CD on TFT =/= "healing".

Using a single damage ability every 10 seconds in between healing =/= "DPS".

But enough of this pointless subjective term argument-

I tried running M Everbloom, and found that I was constantly struggling to keep people up. I was having to spam Enveloping Mist quite a bit. I suppose it's because I'm on a 680 iLvl monk, compared to the 710 that I'm used to, but in general I feel like single target healing is somewhat low as a Monk.

I did a whole bunch of Gold Healer in the proving grounds, and single target healing was always where I struggled. The champion mobs that hit the tank for like 20% of his health were the biggest challenge.
    You're correct. You're not DIRECTLY effecting your healing. The amount of dmg you do has nothing to do with the amount of healing you do.

edit: no logs since it was just lfr

i think im doing the FW gameplay wrong

i tried sotc+rt on first and second boss of nighthold, and lifecycle+manatea on second and third, and boy...
    with sotc+rt i was second healer on first boss but dead last on second one
    switched to lifecycle+manatea and i suddenly outperformed (by far) all the other healers (on 2nd and 3rd boss)

i think i was trying to dps too much, idk

does any of you has any "rotation" of healing (asking for SoTC+RT only) ? by that i mean do you have a priority ? like RSK on CD but only dps for mana (if sotc) when no damage AT ALL ? if that's the case i don't think it's even possible to find a ~8s of no damage during a boss, since you basically need 4 gcd to make the mana gained worth

feelsbad
    Last edited by Tiphess; 2016-07-17 at 01:23 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiphess View Post
    edit: no logs since it was just lfr

i think im doing the FW gameplay wrong

i tried sotc+rt on first and second boss of nighthold, and lifecycle+manatea on second and third, and boy...
    with sotc+rt i was second healer on first boss but dead last on second one
    switched to lifecycle+manatea and i suddenly outperformed (by far) all the other healers (on 2nd and 3rd boss)

i think i was trying to dps too much, idk

does any of you has any "rotation" of healing (asking for SoTC+RT only) ? by that i mean do you have a priority ? like RSK on CD but only dps for mana (if sotc) when no damage AT ALL ? if that's the case i don't think it's even possible to find a ~8s of no damage during a boss, since you basically need 4 gcd to make the mana gained worth

feelsbad
    RSK into double ReM as much as possible-->Cast Vivify if you have uplifting trance-->Tiger Palm during low damage--> Blackout kick at 3 stacks

You don't have to Tiger palm till 3 stacks in one go, you can always stop, Vivify, EnvM or w/e then resume.

ok but let's say raid is taking damage, rsk is down, no UT proc, what's next? burn my mana on non-UT vivify ? feels weird to me

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/20742354476#12
    --We are planning to revise Sheilun's Gift, as we agree it is rather bland.
    Has this been implemented? The blue post is dated for Feb 18th but looking at the build history of Sheilun's Gift I didn't see anything different with it besides slight numbers tuning.

Deleted
    Didnt they jsut add the clouds?

TBH the clounds kind of makes the spell worse, clouds not spawning out of combat means its takes 2 min into a fight before its actually at its full power.

10+ Year Old Account

The same way that WoD Disc is not "DPS to heal" just because you're throwing out a Solace every 10 seconds. Majority of your spells are still normal healing spells, you're just throwing in a single damage spell every 10 seconds. (and that damage spell does almost no damage!)

Same thing here; you're still majorly using normal healing spells, just throwing in a single RSK every 10 seconds. I don't really consider it "DPS to heal" unless a majority of spell usage is DPS spells, like what you could do in WoD when you got the 4pc T18. In heroic runs I wouldn't really cast any heals at all, just pure DPS and free REMs from the 4pc. That's what I consider "DPS to heal".
    Yes but in your heroic runs you probably did very shit healing, because wod fistweaving is intended to do shit healing.

The healing is much higher now, and the dps is still about the same. This is only a buff to "fistweavers"

Deleted
    ok but let's say raid is taking damage, rsk is down, no UT proc, what's next? burn my mana on non-UT vivify ? feels weird to me
    What about EF? It is worth casting if everyone is taking damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Benigne View Post
    What about EF? It is worth casting if everyone is taking damage.
    yea i tried that but tbh it feels so bad to use it, i don't see a difference in both my hps(doesnt go up at all when i use it, sometimes it even goes down) and the health bar not moving when using it, feelsbad

10+ Year Old Account
    yea i tried that but tbh it feels so bad to use it, i don't see a difference in both my hps(doesnt go up at all when i use it, sometimes it even goes down) and the health bar not moving when using it, feelsbad
    Make sure you're in range. EF is only 25 yards.

Also try to use EF before TFT comes up so you can get double mastery procs from ReM's. Cast Vivify with UT, Chi Burst as many people as you can. Chi-Ji/Revival high raid damage.

If you don't have UT, ReM, TFT or CB you can either Env someone dipping low and Soothing them for the duration of Env while praying for UT proc and ReM CD, which is what I'd probably do or you can EF a clump of people or Vivify without UT but that's almost always a bad option. So EF if you have the mana and positioning or Env + Soothing someone dropping low and wait for UT or ReM.

Even Effuse with Soothing channeling until UT/ReM is a good option if you're conserving mana. Soothing healing is nothing to sneeze at and Gusts crits are decent spot healing.

10+ Year Old Account
    press ef?

you make it sound like ef is a bad spell to press. EF is arguably better than x2 UT vivify.

EF is actually crazy.

it's 8% mana to do 2628% sp healing

now add mists of wisdom (+3% healing) and EF trait (+15% EF healing)

now it's 8% mana to do 3113%~ sp healing, or 389% sp for 1% mana

spell is actually nuts, just has a positional/damage requirement

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    spell is actually nuts, just has a positional/damage requirement
    Positional requirement could always be solved by addons. XD

Is the 250k ring worth buying?

- - - Updated - - -

you make it sound like ef is a bad spell to press. EF is arguably better than x2 UT vivify.
    Vivify is shit.