Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Daerio View Post
    Or just a rich kid who realizes he is, in fact, above the law.

Not that he somehow got lucky, but that he obviously paid his way out of it. I'm sure his parents have more money.

You're the one clinging to the delusion that he's going to face justice, he's the one living in the reality where he isn't going to.
    Sounds to me like the judge bought the Affluenza defense. Seems to me like he got lucky as fuck. I just refuse to believe that this kid is such an intensely malicious scumbag that he abuses his legal immunity to essentially get away with murder.

He's probably just some little idiot who can't resist a bit of peer pressure, so he has alcohol even though he's forbidden it.

Don't know about you, but when I was 16 I was fully aware of what I was doing and considered myself responsible for my actions. I don't know why he got away with a juvenile sentence anyway. Do other 16 year olds get away with juvenile sentences?

Quote Originally Posted by Hjalmtyr View Post
    Don't know about you, but when I was 16 I was fully aware of what I was doing and considered myself responsible for my actions. I don't know why he got away with a juvenile sentence anyway. Do other 16 year olds get away with juvenile sentences?
    When I was arrested at 17 for a non-violent/non-drug crime, nobody was talking about charging me as a juvenile - I went straight to adult court. Then again, my parents aren't rich, so I'm pretty sure that's where the problem is.

10 year olds and younger are charged all the time in adult court with murder. This kid should've been an easy sell.
    Last edited by Daerio; 2015-12-05 at 12:34 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    Another victim of affluenza.
    Wasn't it the very same guy that got off lightly because affluenza?