Blood Last Tier Talents Ideas...

Personality, I was hoping for more interactive play with the last Tier Talents for Blood.

First Idea:
    Imagine BoS was removed/replaced with an Stronger / Blood Themed Spell:

<Sanguine Dancing Rune Weapon>: Replaces Dancing Rune Weapon
    2 Min Cooldown
    Summons two additional bloodthirsty rune weapons (4 with Mouth of Hell Artifact Trait) for 8 sec that mirrors its master's attacks and bolsters its master's defenses, granting an additional 50% parry chance.

*Each Death Strike preformed by these Rune Blades heal their master for 4% of max health. (8 - 16% max, based on number of Rune Weapons)
    *Blood Shield mastery applies.

Allow <Breath of Sindragosa> to be Frost only, due to the fact frost has great RP generation.
    Bring back WoTLK version <Unholy Blight> for Unholy, the cloud of insects that deal damage each tick.

Second Idea:
    Next I would like to add a bit for flavor to Bonestorm:
    Rune Cost removed: Now lasts 6 sec + 1 sec / 1 Bone Shield charge per sec

It would be neat to extend the duration of Bonestorm by 1 sec, each time removing 1 Bone Shield charge from the caster.

This allows the BoS type talent interactive play, but instead the player manages it with their Bone Shield charges rather then worrying about needed RP for Death Strikes. As it stands now, Bone Shield stacks up to 10 and quite easly capped/over capped and sustained with Artifact Traits and Talents.
    Last edited by Xeoshades; 2015-12-05 at 02:15 PM.

I like the first idea. Except for the fact that it's about as balanced as an elephant on a pogo stick.

5 - 6 minute cooldown perhaps? Would be good for blood to have something to replace ERW given how blizzard seem to think removing bloods single most powerful defensive was an intelligent move.
    "It's those tears of rage making it harder for you to see." - Warstar [March 2016]
    Soloing Discord
    DH

I agree with you about BoS OP. It seems Frost will be the one that gets to utilise this the most with the amount of runic power it is able to generate. Should have a different talent for Blood and Unholy to replace BoS. Some ideas are below, a raid cd for Blood and a Necrotic Plague version of Virulent Plague for Unholy.

Blood: Your Vampiric Blood now also affects all of your allies, increasing their health and healing taken by X% for Y seconds.

Unholy: Your Virulent Plague is replaced by Necrotic Plague. Improved version of Virulent Plague. When your disease erupts, enemies hit are also infected by the plague and a single stack of festering wounds is triggered on the enemies hit by the eruption.

Would also be great if they replaced Remorseless Winter with Anti-Magic Zone, instead of making AMZ a PvP talent. The buffed version sounds like it could be a real nice raid CD. I also feel as if it fits perfectly in that row.

I also really like your idea regarding Bone storm OP. Would be nice if we could make this cd stronger by stacking up on Bone Shield charges. The more charges consumed, the longer it lasts. Although they might have to make Bone storm's defensive capabilities stronger since we're giving up Bone Shield stacks after all.
    Last edited by Nayami; 2015-12-05 at 01:39 PM.

BoneStorm can very easily be kept up with Marrowrend (3 charges per attack) + 1 added charge with Artifact trait (Ratting Bones) + 1 extra charge with the Ossuary Talent. Also using the Exhume Talent would be a free 10sec longer duration (besides of course taking damage consuming what ever charges).

Pretty much the up time of Bonestorm will be quite high and provide great healing (no Blood Shield mastery however) at the trade off of have to maintain Bone Shield charges being consumed by Bonestorm and from hostile damage.

As for Vampiric Blood, I feel so much has been added to this 3 min ability, Vampiric Fangs(More %health and %healing, Umbilicus Eternus (Another shield and %reduce damage) it seems bloated already.

I agree Remorselss Winter needs to go. I would be happy to see "Mark of Blood" to make a return and replace this talent.

Mark of Blood:
    3 Min Cooldown
    Place a Mark of Blood on an enemy. Whenever the marked enemy deals damage to a target, that target is healed for 4% of its maximum health. Lasts for 20 sec.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeoshades View Post
    BoneStorm can very easily be kept up with Marrowrend (3 charges per attack) + 1 added charge with Artifact trait (Ratting Bones) + 1 extra charge with the Ossuary Talent. Also using the Exhume Talent would be a free 10sec longer duration (besides of course taking damage consuming what ever charges).

Pretty much the up time of Bonestorm will be quite high and provide great healing (no Blood Shield mastery however) at the trade off of have to maintain Bone Shield charges being consumed by Bonestorm and from hostile damage.

As for Vampiric Blood, I feel so much has been added to this 3 min ability, Vampiric Fangs(More %health and %healing, Umbilicus Eternus (Another shield and %reduce damage) it seems bloated already.

I agree Remorselss Winter needs to go. I would be happy to see "Mark of Blood" to make a return and replace this talent.

Mark of Blood:
    3 Min Cooldown
    Place a Mark of Blood on an enemy. Whenever the marked enemy deals damage to a target, that target is healed for 4% of its maximum health. Lasts for 20 sec.
    You and I have a very different approaches to tanking, I would never want to have an active mitigation during my self healing moments. Healers already cutting DK self healing alot and by adding further mitigation will basically cut my own legs in terms of healing.

With Legion, Crit being our most dominant stat, healings benefiting from crit, DS heals being %50 more effective with crits, meaning that you must lose hp more than the standard heal numbers to create a room for yourself to heal. With healers being already pounding you with heals/hots etc, It is already painful to get a good amount of Self heal.

Remember we also getting an Artifact trait that rewarding spiking, with Blood Shield expiring, healing and damaging enemy and restoring the HP back.

For your R,Winter, having an AOE stun option is really sweet and adding your suggestion to that tier will clearly make shake some balance. Just check other 2 options, they are CC your idea is big Defensive CD.

--

From what I see, in Legion tank dying in 3 4 gcds, or being 1 shotted will be gone. That is the direction of WoW heading with WoD and personally speaking I am happy with that. Instead of oh shit buttons we have a more stable damage intake/management which really is more rewarding for good desicions IMHO, instead of pressing 1 button when needed to survive. So I do not understand why do you want to bring more CD's to the game.

Don't you think having a minigame with your class is more fun than popping a cd?

From my understanding, Blizzard is adding class complexity by via Talents and making all classes themselves baseline stream easy.

Having "Minigame" created with talents creates this complexity and management, where a few other talents will be your "Click button when it lights up" for less skill cap players.

And lets face it for Tanks, yes tanks... There is not a whole lot that happens for them during boss fights... Minigames keep the tank interactions enjoyable, unless you like Mano fights....Zzz

Lastly about the 34 gcds, or being 1 shotted, All dungeons do this at the start of a expansion. Even mythic at first played needed CC to making the run more smooth and successful. However look what happens now, AOE and those "I need to press this button or I die" gather dust.
    Last edited by Xeoshades; 2015-12-05 at 10:44 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeoshades View Post
    From my understanding, Blizzard is adding class complexity by via Talents and making all classes themselves baseline stream easy.

Having "Minigame" created with talents creates this complexity and management, where a few other talents will be your "Click button when it lights up" for less skill cap players.

And lets face it for Tanks, yes tanks... There is not a whole lot that happens for them during boss fights... Minigames keep the tank interactions enjoyable, unless you like Mano fights....Zzz

Lastly about the 34 gcds, or being 1 shotted, All dungeons do this at the start of a expansion. Even mythic at first played needed CC to making the run more smooth and successful. However look what happens now, AOE and those "I need to press this button or I die" gather dust.
    The only need for complexity/challenge is when your class minigame is not satisfying enough IMHO.

Currently DK's minigame is weak because,

Healers are too strong,
    Absorbs are too strong,
    Mitigation is too strong.

Why bother to time a death strike when you can 7/24 spam it with 6 death runes and build a strong Absorb shield with medium heals when you dip?

If class game is all about delaying 2 secondary runes when you exhausted all Runic power, how satisfying is that?

You do not need minigames from talents, a viable minigame should be built into you by basic, most simple rotation. You should be focusing on shaping that mini-game with talents to the direction you want.

A couple playstyles that come to my mind for legion so far:

-Breath/Blood Strike spam/Exhume

You wont be bothered by marrowrend because of exhume and maximum possible Breath uptime, Ideally for aoe situations where you can Translate your RP damage to AoE instead of Single target.

-Bloodworms or Feeding Frenzy/Blood Strike Spam/Death Strike

With Bloodworm is a bit more automatically built meanwhile FF is more timing required.

-Rapid Decomposition/Defile

List goes on, but in order for all of this to function, blizzard needs to make sure that we will be having our rooms to heal ourselves.