Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    No FFVI, again ?
    If the FFVII remake is successful then it stands to reason that they might give other main titles similar treatment.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    The game wasn't even in development when they announced it at e3. What you have shown here is a whopping 4-5 months of development. Did you expect it to look polished and amazing?

Hell the fact they even have gameplay to show yet is amazing considering Square. I assume it's running on UR4 much like it helped speed up the development of KH3.

Also not sure how PS4 has been out for 2 years now and people still call it "next gen".
    I meant it looks a lot like a PS3 game. Which, mind you, is a huge improvement over ''early PS''.

Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    I meant it looks a lot like a PS3 game. Which, mind you, is a huge improvement over ''early PS''.
    Again what do you not understand about it has only been in development for a handful of months. What they showed is bare bones and lacking lighting and particle effects that will be added later?

Do you think this game is coming out soon? If so I'm afraid I got some bad news...

10+ Year Old Account
    They are going with KH combat. Smart move I think. The biggest complaint I hear about FF7 is that it hasn't aged well it terms of gameplay, so they had to do something with it. Plus, KH2 has great combat.

Quote Originally Posted by Issalice View Post
    I don't like the changes to the battle system I really miss the older games (pre 12). I enjoy turn based, I wish they would have left the game that way, it was originally why change it? I can't stand the new battle systems. Fingers crossed for a 8 or 9 remake, not going to happen but that would be amazing. If they would leave it turn based. I enjoy the strategy of it, taking your time to plan a few attacks ahead.
    triple a turn based games just dont really happen much anymore. mainstream audiences dont want turn based combat they want action combat really the only big franchise that can get away with it is pokemon

- - - Updated - - -

plus you can buy ff7 on like every platform right now. id much rather have it like this where its more of a re imagining than a remake
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty sure I'm not confusing the game that captivated the hearts of millions of emo teenagers in 1997 and completely shit on everything FF was about atmosphere wise.
    Each Final Fantasy has a different atmosphere up until 12 and such. And what is your issue with emo stuff? People have issues, this isn't some big thing.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Deleted
    No, X continued the emo teenager shtick, in fact the only game to be a break from it and be what a FF game should be post VII was IX.

Once upon a time kiddo, FF wasn't about emo teenagers figuring out the meaning of life. It was about a shroom high romp through a crazy fantasy world.
    Are you sure about it?

FFIV - Cecil: Bohooo I am emo and I doubt my kingdom.
    FFVI - Terra: Bohoo I am emo and I doubt my life and my purpose.
    FFVII - Cloud - Actually Emo past returning black materia to Sephiroth.
    FFVIII - Squall - Grumpy Emo through out all the ride.
    FFT - Ramza - Bohoo I am emo and I doubt my family or this whole conflict. Delita! Come and fuck me in the ass.
    FF9 - Zidane - Emo a bit after truth reveal coming from Garland in Pandemonium
    FFX - Tidus - Similiar as Zidane. Those two guys were cheerful as fuck.
    FFXIII - Lightning - Not sure if female squall or Basic Bitch.

So no... for the longest of time FF was about emo teenagers figuring out the meaning of life.

Quote Originally Posted by Dzudzadzo View Post
    So no... for the longest of time FF was about emo teenagers figuring out the meaning of life.
    False. You speak in literals, yet it was always covered up by off the wall humor, colorful art and hilarious looking enemies.

Before FFVII FF did not take itself serious. FFVII did, that is the major problem I had with it. I have no interest in you expecting me to take that shit show story serious.

FFI-VI and IX are pretty far from the emo super srs bullshit the series became with VII on(outside of IX).

FFVII had plenty of lighthearted moments - and plenty of dark moments too. So did...pretty much every other main title in the series. Though it's pretty hard to take people's criticism seriously when they use terms such as 'emo' and 'super srs bullshit'. You didn't like the game - that's fine. It doesn't mean it was terrible or that it's success was unwarranted.

FF7 took itself too seriously?

I must have been imaging then when I dressed Cloud up as a pretty lady to sneak into a perverts mansion. Doing lunges with Wrestlers. A dog dressing up as a guard. Costa del Sol. Palmer getting hit by a truck. etc etc

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    FFVII had plenty of lighthearted moments - and plenty of dark moments too. So did...pretty much every other main title in the series. Though it's pretty hard to take people's criticism seriously when they use terms such as 'emo' and 'super srs bullshit'. You didn't like the game - that's fine. It doesn't mean it was terrible or that it's success was unwarranted.
    It's hard to take someones opinion seriously when they can't tell the difference between a game taking itself serious and a game not doing such.

If you're going to take yourself seriously, you better have a good adult story otherwise you get shit on like FFVII does for everyone who didn't play it when they where in the 13-16 age group.

If FFVII did not take itself serious, much like IX and VI did not even with having dark stories it could have very well saved the game for most of the people who call it the turning point in the series, where it all went downhill.

Shit don't even come at me with the success card, the FFXIII series was a success selling an ass load of copies. That doesn't make the story in it good.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    FF7 took itself too seriously?
    There is no "too" it took itself serious. Period. Pointing out comedy bits doesn't change the fact. LOTR has comedy bits is it not taking itself serious?

I really don't understand how people don't understand this saying. Do I need to write an essay on it?

Anyways, it was fun FFVII defense force. I see no worthwhile discussions coming from this so I will just exit the convo since apparently your game has to be the most amazing game ever don't let anyone tell you otherwise!

Oh joy, look, another "FFVII is good!" "No it's not!" argument where everyone says the same things again. How new and interesting.

Ehem - let's keep discussion around the new gameplay footage and not turn this thread into another "FFVII is awesome/shit!" discussion thread. Thanks.

Ehhhh.....

I don't like the art style. I haven't really liked the art style of Final Fantasies since 10. When the graphics were blocky, there was enough room for my imagination to fill in the holes with something I liked better, like what I thought Cloud would look like.

When the graphics get so good, where what you see is what you get, he looks like some emo wimp.

I actually like what I see.

The combat is different, which is good. If you want the original game with HD graphics you can mod the PC version for that already. I like the new action combat because now it actually looks like what I always imagined it was supposed to be like in my head when I was younger and playing the game for the first time.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

I'm pretty damn happy to see this.

As long as they make it deeper than the KH system - which I feel like they will, because the original FFVII had a pretty huge amount of your power coming from summon materia and other shenanigans while going through the main story - I kinda like the layout. Let's be real here, the turn-based class FF system is extremely washed up and Square Enix had to innovate it some way and this looks like the most popular method.

The only thing I'm really disappointed by is how realistic Barret looks. I wanted FFVII to keep more of its stylized art, with body features being exaggerated as homage to the original game. It looks a bit...JRPGish I guess, which isn't a bad thing necessarily but FFVII had a considerably different look to it.

Looks alright though Cloud needs to hit the gym, his arms will break otherwise. While I don't know if I'll play it, I hope it's successful to improve the chances of remaking some of the others.

15+ Year Old Account
    Seeing Aerith(Aeris) die in HD is gonna suck sooooo hard....Can't wait to see Tifa/Yuffie though

SE just came out with this(the ps4 theme plays Aerith's theme) Theme limited time only till December 12th

Last edited by Slirith; 2015-12-05 at 09:44 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think the combat will bother me, Cloud having stick arms though...that is creepy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    I must have been imaging then when I dressed Cloud up as a pretty lady to sneak into a perverts mansion. Doing lunges with Wrestlers. A dog dressing up as a guard. Costa del Sol. Palmer getting hit by a truck. etc etc
    I will be severely disappointed if any of those events get cut from the remake.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

10+ Year Old Account
    My issue with 7 was the first couple hours were painful to playthrough which is why I never got further than that. It is the only FF game I've not finished after starting.

Deleted
    I'm usually first to throw FF7 remake ideas under the bus but my god I thought that trailer was perfect (IMO) except for shinra soldiers not being able to hit a target 5 meters away.

On the topic of Kingdom Hearts gameplay: I'm still not convinced it is. Could it not be the case that it is still turn based combat? You select a menu option and then they run off and do a flashy attack? Doesn't seem set in stone at this stage that you actually control the character and move them.

Although having said that I would guess they would be using the exact same engine/game as FF15 with a FF7 reskin. Would make A LOT of sense to make it easier/faster to develop.