Page 62 of 107 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Babylonius View Post
    Long distance cleave is such a small percentage of fights that it will be almost unnoticeable.
    ???
    Range cleave was the number one thing that made WW a superior melee during Highmaul and BRF.
    And we could utilize it on about 60% of bosses.

On topic, I am highly displeased with the tab-targeting nature of SCK, it makes 0 sense for WW monk to ever tab-target. I have never needed to change target in raid scenario before. I am not a affli warlock, feral druid or arms warrior, I don't dot, I don't debuff. It feels completly out of place for monks to be tab-targeting the whole room before being able to do any AoE dmg.

Makes you wonder why they dont keep the live version of SeF with the current change they're offering(hit the button and they're smart AI jumping to random targets, hit it again and they focus your target/mouseover)

Am I the only one who thinks that this iteration of "SEF + TEB" is very clunky? I just can't understand how fusing a throughput DPS cooldown and an AoE ability in a single button can be seen as a good idea. I can already see a lot of awkward situations happening, when you have to pop SEF to burst DPS in "execute" phases and later you won't have it available to AoE adds (or the other way around).

I like SEF as it is on live, an ability that gives WW a unique niche (melee spatial cleaving).

Players in beta, please speak up for us in the official feedback forums!

Quote Originally Posted by Takeso89 View Post
    Am I the only one who thinks that this iteration of "SEF + TEB" is very clunky? I just can't understand how fusing a throughput DPS cooldown and an AoE ability in a single button can be seen as a good idea. I can already see a lot of awkward situations happening, when you have to pop SEF to burst DPS in "execute" phases and later you won't have it available to AoE adds (or the other way around).

I like SEF as it is on live, an ability that gives WW a unique niche (melee spatial cleaving).

This iteration of SEF is an attempt to balance the spec, as having an ability like live SEF has always prevented us from being competitive single target dps.
    I think their idea is to have Serenity being the single target talent (as speccing it takes away SEF) and SEF for AoE.
    Don't forget we will also be having ToD as a "CD" in Legion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe Cyclone Strikes is some sort of replacement for Strike of the Skylord or something. Can I dream do boldly?
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

Quote Originally Posted by Viridiancity View Post
    Maybe Cyclone Strikes is some sort of replacement for Strike of the Skylord or something. Can I dream do boldly?
    I think it's the passive, stacking buff for SCK.

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Takeso89 View Post

First, you think it seems like it may be clunky. No one has played it yet so no one can say what it IS quite yet. Saying his something IS when you haven't actually experienced it is how misinformation gets spread.

Second, knowing when to use a DPS cooldown to maximum effect is a huge part of having them. If they're going to be up anytime you need them then it adds no depth or thought.

Lastly, the niche of melee spatial cleave is most frequently not functionally different than AOE or stacked cleave. You will also be able to send your spirits to another target farther away, just like live, we just don't know the range yet.
    Last edited by Babylonius; 2016-04-15 at 02:39 AM.
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch

I just hope they don't balance how annoying it is for us to tab target to aoe with having SEF in mind. It should not be cumbersome to get good AoE out without SEF up.

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucrece View Post
    I just hope they don't balance how annoying it is for us to tab target to aoe with having SEF in mind. It should not be cumbersome to get good AoE out without SEF up.
    From my time, and the few other people as well, tab targeting was nowhere near as cumbersome as it could have been, and didn't feel super necessary most of the time. Once numbers are tuned more we'll see exactly how necessary it is.

Lots of the difficulty is mitigated by the fact that during fights, the more adds that spawn, the shorter they typically live, so you won't have time to tab a dozen times. There may be a dozen targets but only time to tab once or twice depending on group comp and gear.
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch

Quote Originally Posted by Prokasa View Post
    Makes you wonder why they dont keep the live version of SeF with the current change they're offering(hit the button and they're smart AI jumping to random targets, hit it again and they focus your target/mouseover)
    Hard to balance us against other dps.

Every change I read about I do so with a glaring sadness at the spec overall. Long time martial arts lover and the idea of the monk class fantasy and being able to enjoy that ideology in the game would have been awesome. However, the class has always fallen flat, from being awesome and new to the state it is now, example: long ramp up times compared to others (heaven forbid the class finishes its ramp up as the ring has already exploded and all other classes got full usage) to the klunkiness of SEF, to just how little damage it does overall compared to other classes. Such an awesome class that could be so much more.
    Just seems like Blizzard refuses to erase SEF because whoever made it is adamant it will work, or to tune the class for the same benefits of overall damage as other specs. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying I want to be top of the charts, but just being comparable to the others would be a great start.
    I've played a Hunter main since Wrath and I've always wanted to make the switch because I like the class, but since I am not a full time tank type player and the guild I am in likes to push mythic and clear top tier things (we are not world top 100 contenders, but we get shit done), I simply can never play the spec due to so many restrictions in comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by praisekippi View Post
    Hard to balance us against other dps.
    I know they've always said this, but it has always seemed to me that they could just incrementally increase our single target output while incrementally reducing the percentage value of each clone until they are within reason. I don't know why they don't do that...

7+ Year Old Account
    Overall, I like the direction WW seems to be going in Legion. Especially the new SEF. I don't quite like the idea of tab targeting for SCK, but let's how it'll work in practice. I wish they'd also add FoF and WDP to Cyclone Strikes. But maybe they're afraid our AoE burst could get too high then?
    "We pave the sunlit path toward justice together, brick by brick. This is my brick." - Tim Cook, CEO of Apple

Armory: Monk, Druid, Death Knight, Shaman
    WoWProgress: Monk, Druid, Death Knight, Shaman

Quote Originally Posted by Shoeboots View Post
    I know they've always said this, but it has always seemed to me that they could just incrementally increase our single target output while incrementally reducing the percentage value of each clone until they are within reason. I don't know why they don't do that...
    Idk man something to do with scaling into the trash can and how this change will make us less likly to scale into the can

I think the problem with doing this is that it is "one dial" that adjusts both single target and cleave damage at the same time. So Blizz would always be trying to walk the razor's edge of effective spread cleave and good enough single target dps. Better to decouple the mechanics so each can be adjusted separately.

I was wondering, since people hate Chi Orbit because it's passive:

What if we gave them the Aurelion Sol treatment from League of Legends? That is, they orbit passively, but you can press the skill again to empower those chi orbs to do something extra, while consuming extra resources, be it chi or energy while the empowerment of the chi orbs is active. You press it again to return it to its unempowered form.

I think if they could get rid of the tab targeting for SCK I could accept the latest iteration of SEF. But I left my last class to get away from tab targeting so I don't see myself sticking around with Monk if they keep it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well anything is better than feral Aoe I guess.

Just gotta wait for the next build to actually test the new sef and hope they dont feel like telling us btw next build there will be another sef overhaul

I think if they could get rid of the tab targeting for SCK I could accept the latest iteration of SEF. But I left my last class to get away from tab targeting so I don't see myself sticking around with Monk if they keep it.
    Again, the pack of mobs need to be quite big for the tab targeting to be an issue.

3 to 5 is a automatic, since devs said SEF clones will automatically seek new target.

In a typical dungeon/raid scenario where adds come in wave of 4->6 at a time, u really won't tab target t all.