Page 87 of 107 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    After experiencing the WW on the PTR for myself, it's not as bad as I thought. It has no X factor though, except Touch of Karma, which is pretty meek.

Quote Originally Posted by Babylonius View Post
    The FoF change was made between MoP and WoD.
    I WoD prepatch maybe? I mained WW in MoP and don't remember this at all, dropped in in WoD after trying it on the WoD beta and seeing how FoF heavy they made the spec, really liking the legion ptr WW much more, but really hate how much clunkier they made FoF with the additional requirements. WW's are already underplayed enough as it is, pop probably dropped in WoD compared to mop, seems like a weird change to make.

FoF is likely still a bug, but hard to say 100%.

RJW will likely still be good for PvP since the options are noticeably harder to use. However it doesn't make much sense for it to be best for single target pve since its definitively an AOE spell.
    I'm just a fan of aoe damage aura/character centered abilities personally especially when you have to actually try to keep it up unlike chi orbit or whatever (which even if I dislike I think I'll still end up using if it's competitive, wasn't a fan of serenity, and dragon kick's animation really bugs me, really don't like any of these 100 talents).

Quote Originally Posted by Basilmoyh View Post
    After experiencing the WW on the PTR for myself, it's not as bad as I thought. It has no X factor though, except Touch of Karma, which is pretty meek.
    Do monks need an x factor? I've always felt that monks in video games should be simple dudes who punch shit, if anything wow monks have too much non punching shit stuff.
    Last edited by Emophia; 2016-06-28 at 02:47 PM.

WoW monks are mystical fighters, not pugilists. Otherwise you wouldn't be using brews as fighting intoxicated is definitely counterproductive. You also wouldn't be doing spinning kicks and you'd be grappling with your opponents more.

They're aboout mystical chi energy, celestial, brews, and martial arts. Not just martial arts.

how is the mastery interacting with the bonus dmg you get on SCK from tab targetting ?

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Emophia View Post
    I WoD prepatch maybe? I mained WW in MoP and don't remember this at all, dropped in in WoD after trying it on the WoD beta and seeing how FoF heavy they made the spec, really liking the legion ptr WW much more, but really hate how much clunkier they made FoF with the additional requirements. WW's are already underplayed enough as it is, pop probably dropped in WoD compared to mop, seems like a weird change to make
    FoF was changed between MoP and WoD, so yes, in the pre-expansion patch. FoF only seems different since its been so long since you've played it. For those who've played it this expansion, FoF is mechanically unchanged, just does 100% to all targets. Obviously if you haven't played a spec in a whole expansion, you can't expect things to have stayed the same

WW population actually went up slightly in WoD relative to other specs. The Legion changes will certainly increase the number of WW.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by leaprah View Post
    how is the mastery interacting with the bonus dmg you get on SCK from tab targetting ?
    Multiplicatively.
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch

Death Art Reduces the remaining cooldown on Touch of Death by 20%10% if the target dies before Touch of Death expires.
    Rank 2: Reduces the remaining cooldown on Touch of Death by 40%20% if the target dies before Touch of Death expires.
    Rank 3: Reduces the remaining cooldown on Touch of Death by 60%30% if the target dies before Touch of Death expires.
    Rank 4: Reduces the remaining cooldown on Touch of Death by 80%40% if the target dies before Touch of Death expires.
    Rank 5: Reduces the remaining cooldown on Touch of Death by 100%50% if the target dies before Touch of Death expires.
    Rank 6 (New): Reduces the remaining cooldown on Touch of Death by 60% if the target dies before Touch of Death expires.

even more of a useless trait
    No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training…what a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. – Socrates

Quote Originally Posted by tangosmango View Post
    Death Art Reduces the remaining cooldown on Touch of Death by 20%10% if the target dies before Touch of Death expires.
    Rank 2: Reduces the remaining cooldown on Touch of Death by 40%20% if the target dies before Touch of Death expires.
    Rank 3: Reduces the remaining cooldown on Touch of Death by 60%30% if the target dies before Touch of Death expires.
    Rank 4: Reduces the remaining cooldown on Touch of Death by 80%40% if the target dies before Touch of Death expires.
    Rank 5: Reduces the remaining cooldown on Touch of Death by 100%50% if the target dies before Touch of Death expires.
    Rank 6 (New): Reduces the remaining cooldown on Touch of Death by 60% if the target dies before Touch of Death expires.

even more of a useless trait
    This is hilarious. Arguably our most useless Artifact talent and it gets nerfed instead of replaced, what a joke.

I just wish I could use FoF again without targeting someone. I could actually negate entire openers from enemy teams with that ability and other player's lag didn't completly fuck me over... WoD was a fucking disaster for WW legit because of that ability. And then the fact that you NEEDED the glyph to make it viable..

Quote Originally Posted by Celede View Post
    This is hilarious. Arguably our most useless Artifact talent and it gets nerfed instead of replaced, what a joke.
    maybe there's something they know that we dont? like how this would be strong with a set bonus or legendary. i can't thing of anything though
    No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training…what a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. – Socrates

10+ Year Old Account
    There were certainly huge concerns that it would have been insanely OP with the legendary, so this change is likely to adjust for that possibility.

There were certainly huge concerns that it would have been insanely OP with the legendary, so this change is likely to adjust for that possibility.
    but the skill doesn't do dmg UNTIL it wears off right? so why would the legendary matter

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tangosmango View Post
    but the skill doesn't do dmg UNTIL it wears off right? so why would the legendary matter
    Fight with regular adds with 100% ToD reduction and double ToD thanks to legendary:

1. ToD boss
    2. ToD short lived add
    - add dies, CD resets -
    - ToD damages boss -
    3. ToD boss
    4. ToD short lived add
    - add dies, CD resets -
    - ToD damages boss -
    5. ... continue till no more adds

You could potentially fit a ton of damaging ToDs in a short window as long as you don't ever use both of your ToDs on long lived targets.

Quote Originally Posted by Radio View Post
    Fight with regular adds with 100% ToD reduction and double ToD thanks to legendary:

1. ToD boss
    2. ToD short lived add
    - add dies, CD resets -
    - ToD damages boss -
    3. ToD boss
    4. ToD short lived add
    - add dies, CD resets -
    - ToD damages boss -

You could potentially fit a ton of damaging ToDs in a short window as long as you don't ever use both of your ToDs on long lived targets.
    good thinking! thanks

Deleted
    What are the new legendaries? And how will they affect the raiding scene? Last time I checked blizz said that they won't work in Mythic until later in the patch.

1. ToD boss
    2. ToD short lived add
    - add dies, CD resets -
    - ToD damages boss -
    3. ToD boss
    4. ToD short lived add
    - add dies, CD resets -
    - ToD damages boss -

So because of one edge case of weird interaction with a legendary that almost nobody is going to get for quite a while they nerfed by half our most useless trait, makes sense.

It would be so much more complicated to just put a cooldown on the reset effect, riiiight?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Conjugate View Post
    So because of one edge case of weird interaction with a legendary that almost nobody is going to get for quite a while they nerfed by half our most useless trait, makes sense.

It would be so much more complicated to just put a cooldown on the reset effect, riiiight?
    With the number of add fights that we get I wouldn't call it an edge case, but anyway, it's hardly the only useless artifact trait in the entire game, and you can avoid it by just going clockwise.

If you still don't like it, then you can, you know, give feedback or something.

With the number of add fights that we get I wouldn't call it an edge case, but anyway, it's hardly the only useless artifact trait in the entire game, and you can avoid it by just going clockwise.

If you still don't like it, then you can, you know, give feedback or something.
    There was plenty of feedback already regarding the uselessness of this trait from many people(myself included), they just don't really care or maybe don't agree.

And considering you are going to get the artifact tree filled up eventually... it actually does matter when we have terribad things there(and we sure have a TON of crap traits there, I hope at least on that we can agree?)

Feedback on WW in general seems to be mostly ignored, they have a really firm idea of what they want the spec to look like, and they ain't gonna stray from it due to the pitiful ramblings of us mortals

is there a threshold at wich SCK becomes better to spam than other abilities when its stack are high enough, and what would that threshold be ?

Quote Originally Posted by Conjugate View Post
    There was plenty of feedback already regarding the uselessness of this trait from many people(myself included), they just don't really care or maybe don't agree.

And considering you are going to get the artifact tree filled up eventually... it actually does matter when we have terribad things there(and we sure have a TON of crap traits there, I hope at least on that we can agree?)

Feedback on WW in general seems to be mostly ignored, they have a really firm idea of what they want the spec to look like, and they ain't gonna stray from it due to the pitiful ramblings of us mortals
    They're pretty much ignoring everyone since like 2 months ago. They are in release mode, get this crap out to the market, patch up the rest later.

We could be in a much worse off place like feral druids and ret paladins, who are the most worthless melee by now and WILL likely get benched and not even brought to mythic+ dungeons because their problem is not numbers, their toolkit just blows.

I really wish they had given us much better artifact traits and a talent revamp like DK/shaman got, but we got the feral treatment of one of the specs with lesser changes.

As long as douches like Celestalon who think they know the game better than players playing the class stay at the lead of design, we're going to be stuck with what we have.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by leaprah View Post
    is there a threshold at wich SCK becomes better to spam than other abilities when its stack are high enough, and what would that threshold be ?
    Yes, right now it looks like you drop everything except FoF and RJW in favor of SCK, at 6 targets you drop RJW. That is assuming 6 targets and 6 stacks of the buff.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wada View Post
    What are the new legendaries? And how will they affect the raiding scene? Last time I checked blizz said that they won't work in Mythic until later in the patch.
    The legendaries are on my site and Wowhead. Blizz hasn't said anything about how they will effect Mythic raiding, I hope they will be disabled, at least for a long time, but that is unlikely.

- - - Updated - - -

Mod note: let's keep this thread of insulting others, even Blizzard employees. Keep discussion constructive. If you want to just rant,bothered a thread for that.