Page 92 of 107 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    For single target, which is the better option: Hit Combo + Whirling Dragon Punch or Chi Orbit? I find the Chi Orbit passive kind of boring to play...

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by theJademist View Post
    For single target, which is the better option: Hit Combo + Whirling Dragon Punch or Chi Orbit? I find the Chi Orbit passive kind of boring to play...
    http://www.walkingthewind.com/legion/faq/

6th question down.
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Babylonius View Post

Aww...sad day. But thanks for the info though!

hi all, new face here. been really digging this spec on the beta and i have a question about SEF. after the pull do you want to delay the second one to line up with a FoF + windlord or is it better to just use it as soon as FoF comes back up?

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kalaratic View Post
    hi all, new face here. been really digging this spec on the beta and i have a question about SEF. after the pull do you want to delay the second one to line up with a FoF + windlord or is it better to just use it as soon as FoF comes back up?
    It depends a lot on other aspects of what could be going on during the fight. If nothing else is going on then it won't hurt to hold it a little bit. However if you've got other things like trinkets, bloodlust, or the 90% health legendary, you'll want to do as much damage as possible at the start, so you wouldn't delay it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by theJademist View Post
    Aww...sad day. But thanks for the info though!
    There is still weeks worth of tuning to happen yet. Right now the best available talents and rotation feels really really good put together, even if it includes a passive or two and AOE abilities in single target. Adding WDP or serenity, or taking out RJW for Hit Combo doesn't make it feel as good or flow as well.
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch

Besides, it's not like WDP is so utterly behind that you can't use it. There will always be a best talent, but that doesn't have to mean you can't play the other ones if they get the tuning right.

The idea that a talent with like 3-4% difference means you'll be forced to not use it is a player made problem, not one of the game.

When you're wiping in a raid, consider refining your execution of mechanics before losing sleep that your 4% worse talent is what's holding you back.

well, FoF got a buff along with RSK. but what does this mean:

Death Art (Rank 6) Reduces the remaining cooldown on Touch of Death by 60% if the target dies while under the effects of Touch of Death or from Touch of Death.
    No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training…what a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. – Socrates

Quote Originally Posted by tangosmango View Post
    well, FoF got a buff along with RSK. but what does this mean:

Death Art (Rank 6) Reduces the remaining cooldown on Touch of Death by 60% if the target dies while under the effects of Touch of Death or from Touch of Death.
    It sounds like if you kill a target with ToD, it's cool down will be reduced in addition to if it dies before it goes off. If it goes off, but doesn't die, the cool down is not reduced.
    Atrael@Turalyon Formerly- Pride/Elv@Azuremyst, Ysera, and Turalyon.

Quote Originally Posted by FayrenPickpocket View Post
    It sounds like if you kill a target with ToD, it's cool down will be reduced in addition to if it dies before it goes off. If it goes off, but doesn't die, the cool down is not reduced.
    yep, you got it!
    No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training…what a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. – Socrates

Those buffs/nerfs:

-Jab nerfs: no idea why but doesn't matter much.
    -RSK buff: helps having a bigger difference between BoK and RSK to avoid having BoK being a better chi spender once you get transfer the power
    -BoK buff: smaller difference in damage between RJW and BOK is a direct "nerf" to using RJW ST, or rather a small buff to hitcombo/xuen. Hitcombo should be roughly on par with RJW ST, still worse as soon as there is some cleave.

Death art: rewards getting the last hit (which is often overkill anyways) which is good, but still likely to be the last talent we go for on arrifact.

Results: slight buffs to WW, prolly 2-3% buff ST, less on AoE, yet fixes some issues I had. Good changes overall

Quote Originally Posted by pandanaconda View Post
    Those buffs/nerfs:

-Jab nerfs: no idea why but doesn't matter much.
    -RSK buff: helps having a bigger difference between BoK and RSK to avoid having BoK being a better chi spender once you get transfer the power
    -BoK buff: smaller difference in damage between RJW and BOK is a direct "nerf" to using RJW ST, or rather a small buff to hitcombo/xuen. Hitcombo should be roughly on par with RJW ST, still worse as soon as there is some cleave.

Death art: rewards getting the last hit (which is often overkill anyways) which is good, but still likely to be the last talent we go for on arrifact.

Results: slight buffs to WW, prolly 2-3% buff ST, less on AoE, yet fixes some issues I had. Good changes overall
    Think you left out the FoF buff.

Nerf to ascension is pretty amusing though... it's almost as if they want to make sure you won't even imagine taking anything other than energizing elixir ever?

lol they're so clueless. That ascension nerf is beyond my comprehension.

Next we'll expect a Serenity nerf.

The patch removed the baseline stun on FoF that wasn't meant to be there anymore, too.

Bit of a blow to open world stuff, especially leveling. No more reducing damage taken in dungeons, either.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well to be fair the stun from FoF would've been OP for Mythic+ dungeons. We still have leg sweep so we're ok imo.

And I leveled up with and without the stun on FoF and it didn't really matter much since you heal so much from killing a mob. Might be harder soloing the 3 elite quests in Stormheim but that's about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind
    There is no point being part of history if you're too ignorant to understand it.

Is anyone noticing significantly reduced ToD damage in the latest build? My ToD's dropped from ~2.1million in dungeons to ~1.18million... neither number is equal to my maximum health, but the new damage is quite a bit less, by around 600k.

Edit: Seems to be doing 50% of my HP when not affected by combo strikes damage increase.
    Last edited by Qck; 2016-07-06 at 02:45 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Qck View Post
    Is anyone noticing significantly reduced ToD damage in the latest build? My ToD's dropped from ~2.1million in dungeons to ~1.18million... neither number is equal to my maximum health, but the new damage is quite a bit less, by around 600k.
    I just hit a dummy with ToD and my health is 1195K while the ToD hit for 752K. Can't say I didn't expect a nerf on that one tbh.
    There is no point being part of history if you're too ignorant to understand it.

Quote Originally Posted by UR1L View Post
    I just hit a dummy with ToD and my health is 1195K while the ToD hit for 752K. Can't say I didn't expect a nerf on that one tbh.
    Try it without combo strikes. I think it's 50% of max HP now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Qck View Post
    Try it without combo strikes. I think it's 50% of max HP now.
    I went straight up and only used ToD, didn't even auto attack it. Still 752K out of my 1195K hp.

Quote Originally Posted by UR1L View Post
    I went straight up and only used ToD, didn't even auto attack it. Still 752K out of my 1195K hp.
    Odd, it's 765k of my 1.5+mil HP when I just ToD and 1.03mil if I use an ability before.